Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7

Roses In Her Hair

by Katya 0 reviews

She was beautiful tonight.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Aeris Gainsborough, Cloud Strife - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 447 words - Complete

1Moving
She was beautiful tonight.

No, that was wrong. She was always beautiful. But that was an earthy, natural beauty. This was a dressed-to-the-nines, perfect hair, perfect makeup, simply glowing kind of radiance, and he thought he could easily stare at her forever because you just don't find girls like this anymore.

She was the love of his life, his perfect match, and his entire world.

And she was dancing. Only this girl, with her vibrant green eyes, and warm, welcoming smile, could have convinced Vincent Valentine, Lord of the Isle of Broodiness, to step onto the dance floor and spin her around until Cloud felt dizzy just from watching her.

Another person came up to him just then, to offer congratulations and wish them well, but he barely heard, so focused he was on his wife.

Wife.

Wife.

He wondered if it would ever stop sounding absolutely perfect.

Her dress was long and white. Her hair was curled, and ribbons shimmered as she twirled from guest to guest.

Their eyes met, and they smiled a special secret no one else knew about.

Cloud stood straight, and walked to the dance floor as Aerith glided towards him. He plucked a red rose from one of the table settings, and tucked it behind her ear.

She raised her hand and settled it on his cheek, and he turned his head to kiss her palm, watching in fascination as the rings on her finger glinted under the bright moonlight.

Aerith grabbed his loosened red tie and pulled him to the center of the room, wrapping her arms around him; they embraced tightly, not once ever hearing the catcalls and the chants of "Kiss! Kiss!".

They kissed anyways, but only for themselves.

Cloud leaned forward and whispered briefly into her ear. It might not have seemed possible, but her grin grew wider, her head nodding with agreement.

It was late when they finally left, the rose now joined by several others he'd stolen to braid into her hair over the course of the night. They left on his motorcycle, making a single stop on the way to say hi to an old friend, because of course the namesake had to be the first to hear the news.

They continued on their way, towards the sunrise and towards a new life, full of highs and lows, ups, and downs, and all the love a person could possibly withstand.

We should name him Zack.


----------------------
A/N: This was written in chat the other night when comeon_eileen and I were both feeling depressed about Aerith. We needed fluff. She wrote fluff for me, I wrote this for her, and we were happy. Yay.
Sign up to rate and review this story