Categories > Original > Romance > On The Roof Again

On The Roof Again

by lira-chan 0 reviews

Miguel is forced to abandon his lover, Lee, for a week when his mother calls him home... But miscommunications earn him a nasty suprise upon his return. Mere relationship issues? [shounen-ai/yaoi/s...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2005-11-29 - Updated: 2005-11-30 - 4317 words - Complete

0Predictable

Warnings: Some good stuff, this time; cheating, prostitution, a suicide attempt, glossed-over hetero sex, and the m/m slash in the form of oral sex and general angstiness.

Summary: "Miguel is forced to abandon his lover, Lee, for a week when his mother calls him home... But miscommunications earn him a nasty suprise upon his return. Mere relationship issues?" Based off of the EVE6 song "On the Roof Again," naturally. Kindly ignore the fact that Lee/Leroy should have a GIRLfriend, not a BOYfriend.

Notes: This one was written in late July of 2003. Like all of my other one-shots, it's been proofread and edited mildly by yours truly. However, proper editing or beta-ing has not been obtained, and would be greatly appreciated.



ON THE ROOF AGAIN

--by: lira-chan--



"Look, I'm sorry, Lee, baby-" Miguel was saying, but the younger man cut him off with a hand and a look. Appeasingly, Miguel shut his mouth and reached behind him for the desk chair, spinning it around and dropping onto it.

"How can you do this to me now?" Lee protested. "It's the /summer/. Summer's supposed to be spent jacking off and spending time with people you care about. Summer's supposed to be spent with /me/. You know we haven't spent enough time together this year! We've both been too busy with school and stuff. We've got too much catching up to do for you to go running off now!"

"Lee..." Miguel said teasingly, drawing out his lover's name. "Need I remind you where I'm going? Home? To visit my mother? Are you insinuating that I don't care about my own family?"

"But that's /different/!" Lee whined, flopping down bonelessly on Miguel's bed. Childishly, he pouted at Miguel, trying to make his eyes as big and sad as possible, so as to guilt Miguel into staying. Miguel only laughed.

Lee really was the cutest... Miguel absolutely adored him, for every possible reason, from the way he acted down to the way he looked. Lee was almost pretty, almost feminine in his appearance. He would resent Miguel's thinking that, but Lee would be able to pass himself off as quite the beauty, were he to try. He was slender, not skinny, and he was fit. Miguel would know. Lee wasn't exactly tall, only about five-six or five-seven, but he was the perfect height, as far as Miguel was concerned. His complexion was very fair, countered by very dark hair and eyes. Lee had blacker-than-black hair and dark brown eyes. With long lashes.

Quite different from Miguel, in almost every possible way.

Miguel was much darker than Lee, with a medium complexion. He was Guatemalan, and proud of it. His hair was a dark brown, his eyes a warm cocoa, and he didn't posses Lee's gorgeous eyelashes. Miguel liked to think he was muscular, and he was tall; a full head taller than Lee. And while he laughed at Lee's protests at being called "cute," he would resent being called such a thing as much as Lee did, for Miguel was in no way "cute." In actuality, Miguel was quite average.

But there were things that /were /cute, aside from Lee's looks. Other things about Lee that Miguel found to be positively endearing. Miguel remembered first meeting Lee, when he'd come looking at colleges and asked Miguel for a tour of his. Miguel had asked Lee his name, conversationally. And the young man had completely ignored Miguel. Miguel finally ferreted the information out of him, learning that Lee's given name was "Leroy." And "Leroy" had insisted, almost desperately, on being addressed as "Lee." That alone made Lee stand out in Miguel's eyes, and he'd been delighted to learn that Lee had been accepted at Miguel's school, months later... And that Lee would be starting school with Miguel in the fall.

Miguel couldn't quite remember how things had progressed from there... It had been more than a full two years since they met, and somewhere along the way their delightful friendship had grown and blossomed into more than that. Much more. Miguel had persuaded Lee to move out of the tiny, top-floor apartment his stepfather had leased for him, and into Miguel's own, spacious suite. And here they were now. Arguing over Miguel's taking a one-week vacation to visit his mother at home.

Thinking on this, Miguel realized that Lee was probably still waiting for him to say something, from the bed, where he continued to pout furiously.

"No, it's not," Miguel protested lamely, in response to Lee's accusation that things were "different" between mothers and lovers.

"Oh? Is it?" Lee asked impishly. "And did you lose your tongue for a minute there? Or am I just so pretty that you have to stop and stare?" Jokingly, Lee flopped over on the bed, mock-posing like a model for lingerie.

"Stop that!" Miguel demanded, half-heartedly. "You haven't exactly done your part to 'spend time together.' You've been too busy with your summer job."

"That's low!" Lee protested, actually forgetting about his modeling and collapsing onto his stomach. "I'm a poor college student! I need money!"

"That's all well and good," Miguel said, becoming very matter-of-fact. "You can get some extra time in while I'm gone. And don't forget, my mom would have been happy to see my 'good friend Lee' after such a long time, if someone wasn't too busy with work."

"That's even worse..." Lee said sullenly.

"Oh come on!" Miguel protested loudly, trying to get Lee to cheer up. "It'll just be for a week, you can get some hours in at that job while I'm gone, and I'll be back in no time."

"Promise?" Lee asked, drawing out the 'o' in the word childishly and pulling the puppy-dog stunt again.

"I promise that when I get back, I'll make it up to you for leaving," Miguel said decisively. "Anything you want."

"Anything?" Lee repeated slowly, eyes lighting up with glee like a child with a sweet.

"Anything," Miguel confirmed, voice steady.

"Then hurry up!" Lee exclaimed, jumping up off the bed. "Go on! Get on with it! The sooner you get gone, the sooner you'll get back."

Miguel laughed, greatly amused by Lee's antics. "That happy to see my back?" he asked, trying to sound hurt.

"Only if it's naked," Lee said pertly. Miguel laughed again, not at all surprised, or offended.

"Then I'll see you early next Monday," Miguel said, as he picked up his suitcase and headed for the door, Lee trailing him all the way. There, the two shared a kiss, and Miguel was off down the hallway, Lee watching him go from the apartment door.



Late that following Friday night, Miguel was driving down a two-lane road, well-pleased with himself. He'd just picked up his car from the airport parking lot, and would be back at his own apartment by now, if he hadn't stopped for a quick detour.

The visit with his mom had gone well; Miguel had last seen her back during spring break, when he'd come home for Easter. Then, he'd brought Lee with him. Miguel's mother didn't know they were lovers, only that Lee appeared at most any family occasion Miguel was called home for. Therefore, she'd gone from calling him "Senor Leroy" to "Miguel's good friend Lee." Since it had only been a few months since his last visit, Miguel and his mother hadn't had much to catch up on. When Miguel had told her how Lee had wanted to come, but had been too busy with work, she'd almost insisted that Miguel get back as soon as he'd seen the rest of the family.

That was taken care of, and now Miguel was in the perfect position to present Lee with a most delightful surprise. His mere presence, a full two days early, might have been enough, but Miguel wanted to do something really special. Miguel knew Lee better than he knew anyone, and he knew how Lee would delight in a bottle of something special brought home from the liquor store. Lee was far from an alcoholic, but he was still underage as far as purchasing alcohol was concerned, so the slight "risk" in drinking it made the beverage that much sweeter.

Miguel smiled to himself, thinking of Lee. Lee always asked Miguel to "go out and pick him up something," seeing as Miguel was twenty-one, and "legal" for drinking. Impishly, Miguel always refused. He remembered Lee's argument for why Miguel should get him something to drink... Come on, Lee was nineteen! He was legally an adult! Therefore, Lee's wonderful lover, the one who was twenty-one, and adored by the man at the liquor store, should drop by that very place and pick Lee up a six pack.

Or, now that Miguel was going to indulge Lee's little fetish, something a bit finer than that. Miguel pulled into the lot by the liquor store, parking his car and going inside. It took but a minute to pay for what he had chosen, and within minutes he was on the road again.

Just ten minutes after /that/, Miguel was pulling into yet another parking lot, this one the one outside his apartment complex. Still cheery as a result of his early return, Miguel grabbed his newly-purchased booze and got out of the car, whistling as he slammed the door shut behind him. He made his way inside with the same good cheer, waiting patiently as the elevator lifted him to his floor. He fumbled for his keys in his pocket for just a minute, before letting himself into his apartment.

It was late, and Lee should be asleep, so Miguel had let himself in as opposed to knocking and hoping Lee would answer the door. He would delight in waking Lee slowly... So absorbed was Miguel in his romantic plans, that he didn't realize that, while the first two rooms in the suite were properly dark, a pale, pale glow escaped from beneath the door to the third room, their bedroom. Intent on avoiding waking Lee, Miguel set the bottle of wine on the end table by the bedroom door, oblivious to the light, and the sounds, escaping the bedroom Lee occupied.

Miguel slipped into the faintly lit room, his plan of action being to sneak over to the bed, and Lee, with nary a sound. However, the sight he was greeted by was not that of a peacefully sleeping young man. Rather, it was one involving the same young man atop the bed, completely nude. Something Miguel would have stopped and marveled at, were it not for the equally naked, petite, young woman lying under Miguel's lover.

The woman, a red-head, let out a low moan of pleasure, leaving no doubt in Miguel's mind as to what was going on. And she wasn't a bad-looking girl, either, for all that Miguel disliked the gender, "in that way." She was actually quite pretty... There was no way Miguel could compete. Not with a pretty girl...

"What the hell is /this/?" he exclaimed, for all that he knew what was going on. Both Lee and the girl froze, like deer caught in headlights, before jerking their heads around to stare dumbly at Miguel.

"Miguel!" Lee cried, despairingly.

"Who the hell is that?" the girl asked right back, squirming a little. She didn't seem at all daunted, however. More like she was trying to get out from under Lee. "What, is he your boyfriend?"

"Yes," Miguel said firmly, darkly, before Lee could answer either to the affirmative or negative.

"What?" the girl gasped, then groaned. Obviously, Lee had been too shocked to separate from her, and he'd just come inside her. For a minute, Miguel wondered spitefully whether they'd used protection, if Lee would get the bitch pregnant... But he realized he didn't want that, and stopped those thoughts right there. Looking almost shameful, Lee levered himself up and backed away from the girl, sitting cross-legged on the end of the bed and staring up at Miguel mournfully, like a lost little puppy that didn't know what to do. The girl, on the other hand... She seemed to have a very good idea of what to do.

"I'm out of here," she muttered, getting up off the bed. Not at all ashamed about walking around completely nude. Grabbing what must have been her clothes and throwing them on with practiced haste, she threw her hair out of her eyes, and flashed them a smile. "See you two fags around."
With that, the red-head took her leave.

"Okay," Miguel said, his voice low, and almost dangerous. But a second later he sighed, and scrunched his eyes shut. He couldn't honestly fault Lee, if he liked this perky little whore more than he liked Miguel. After all, that was the norm. Miguel was just weird. "I guess there's no way for me to compete with a girl like her," he said finally.

"What do you mean, 'a girl like her'?" Lee repeated, seeming to have forgotten his state of nakedness, as he leaned forward towards Miguel.

"That broad you were banging in my bed," Miguel said, slowly and clearly. He didn't like Lee playing dumb. Maybe Lee had just been playing dumb the entire time. Maybe he wasn't the sweet and innocent guy Miguel had made him out to be. Maybe he'd never liked Miguel at all.

"What?" Lee asked, looking almost as stupid as he sounded.

"What did you do it for? The sex?" Miguel asked, trying to detach himself from his emotions. Or to detach his emotions from his voice.

"What? Tammy?" Lee asked. "What else would I do that for?"

"What the hell?" Miguel exclaimed, failing utterly at cutting off and isolating his emotions.

"What else would I fuck Tammy for?" Lee asked, in a matter-of-fact tone. "The companionship?"

"Of course!" Miguel bellowed, somehow not realizing Lee still thought they were talking about Tammy, when Miguel himself was talking about them. "I can't believe you! You are such a two-faced little... Bastard! That is so... That is so /fucking/... You're... Unbelievable."

"Look, Miguel, calm down," Lee suggested urgently, as it finally hit him how worked up his lover had become. As he spoke, he started to get dressed, quickly. "I guess I did a pretty stupid thing..."

"You guess?" Miguel said sharply, tone darkening. "You guess? I still... Can not... Believe this..."

"Miguel, I'm sorry, Tammy was a mistake..."

"I guess I just can't compete with a girl," Miguel said, tone going flat and empty again.

"What is this about competing with girls?" Lee asked incredulously, seeing as Miguel had mentioned it more than once. "You know how I feel... Tammy's not competition..."

"Not competition?" Miguel echoed quietly. "Is that what they all say?"

"What's up with you?" Lee asked, sounding seriously confused, and just beginning to sound angry. Of course, Miguel heard none of that.

"Maybe it's over," Miguel said to himself, voice turning glum. "I always thought there was a break-up speech... Or... Something."

"Miguel, snap out of it!" Lee commanded.

"Is that the speech? It doesn't sound like any version I've ever heard... Then again, maybe it's different with two guys. It's always different with two guys."

"Miguel, this is pathetic. I'm going home. Oh, and take this. In case Tammy comes back for it. She said I was too pretty to charge, but I bet she changed her mind." With that, Lee dropped a small wad of money on the bed.

"Maybe that's the speech. It sounded a little more like it... Except for the last part..." Miguel was saying to himself, not understanding the implication of what Lee had said, or just not hearing what Lee had said.

Then the outside door slammed shut. Miguel understood that.



Miguel sat in his car on the highway, trying to remember the location of the apartment Lee's stepfather had leased for him. Going off a combination of feel and memory, Miguel navigated his way across town to Lee's old apartment complex. Pulling into the parking lot, he yanked the keys from the ignition and jumped out of the parked car. Inside the apartment building, Miguel remembered that Lee's apartment had been on the top floor, and rode the elevator to the top, pacing inside the close quarters and tapping his foot, impatient every second of the way.

When the elevator jerked to a stop, Miguel was out the doors before they were even halfway open. He'd long since decided to forgive Lee, and to come make his own apology. Apparently, Lee hadn't been playing Miguel the fool; he'd just been more desperate than Miguel would have guessed. And while Miguel never would have imagined Lee paying for a prostitute... That obviously was what Miguel's lover had been doing. Reaching the end of the hall, Miguel tried Lee's door, and to his surprise, it opened. Miguel wasn't pleased about the prostitute... But he was ready to make things right.

Stepping inside, Miguel looked around for Lee. Lee's leased apartment was much smaller than Miguel's. Not seeing his lover in the "living room" of sorts, Miguel turned to the bedroom. Inside was where he found Lee, to his relief, flopped bodily onto the narrow bed.

"Hey, Lee-" Miguel began, when Lee showed no signs of realizing he was there.

"Go away," Lee said darkly, even as he sat up to stare sullenly at Miguel.

"Lee, I just wanted to talk to you about-"

"How I was an idiot," Lee cut in. "Yeah, yeah, I already know. You made your point."

"No, Lee-"

This time, Lee didn't cut Miguel off with words, but with a glare, as he abruptly rose from the bed and flipped Miguel the bird. Shocked, Miguel could only watch as Lee darted from the room, and listen to his footsteps on the metal stairs leading to the outside.



Miguel stood on the landing above the metal stairs, in the frame of the door opening on the outside. The door Lee had not bothered to shut behind him. This time, he'd have to think a bit more before approaching Lee. At least Lee was probably up on the roof to get some fresh air, to clear his head... Maybe things would go better this time around. Lee seemed to think Miguel had been dumping him... Or... Something.

Miguel watched Lee silently as the other man paced the room along the rail overlooking the street below. Tiring of pacing, Lee stopped and leaned against the guardrail, which was about a foot from the true edge of the roof. He stared out across the street as if deep in thought, contemplating something. Miguel took this as a good sign... Until Lee apparently made up his mind, and scrambled over the top of the guardrail, somehow managing not to fall to the pavement stories below.

Suddenly seriously concerned for his lover's life and well-being, Miguel dashed across the roof, stopping just short of the rail, lest he unwittingly cause Lee to fall to the street below.

"Lee, what the hell are you doing?" he hissed, frightened.

"I'm going to jump," Lee said firmly, as if it were the most ordinary thing in the world. And... While it might not be ordinary, it was a surefire way to get oneself killed. If the fall to the ground levels below didn't kill you, being hit and run over by a car or two would certainly finish you off. Surefire, and painful.

"And why the hell would you do that?" Miguel demanded, in a whisper, as if by speaking too loud, he might create enough of a breeze to push Lee over.

"Because I see no reason to keep on living."

"Oh, no you don't," Miguel protested. "Don't you dare die on me."

"On you?" Lee repeated, sounding somehow puzzled an innocent. "You're done with me. Now I'm going to be done with life."

"Why would you think that?" Miguel asked, now feeling confused himself. "I thought you were through with me..."

"Because of that whore, Tammy," Lee pointed out, as the reason Miguel would be upset. "I knew I never should have hired her... What, wait, why would I be through with you?"

"Because Tammy's a girl, and no guy can compete with that."

"That's stupid!" Lee exclaimed, forgetting that he was mere inches from a drop of several hundred feet. "I'd kill myself over you!" Lee seemed to realize the irony of the sentiment a moment after revealing it, for he actually flushed. "I guess I was just being really, really stupid..."

"You sure were," Miguel agreed heartily. "Because if you ever did such a fool thing as that, then I'd have to kill myself over /you/, and you wouldn't want that on your conscience, now would you?"

"Of course not," Lee agreed. "Now... Would you help me back over to the right side of the rail?"
Miguel agreed, and offered Lee a hand. Having been hauled over to the safety on the other side of the guardrail, Lee bumped heavily against Miguel, actually knocking the other man from his feet and causing him to land, without grace, on his rump. Miguel started to pick himself up, but he was too late; Lee's weight on top of him was more than he was willing to try to move at the moment. Not that he had much motivation to do so; Lee pushed Miguel back so his back was flush against the cold cement on the rooftop, protecting the back of Miguel's head with his own hand, and pressing his lips rather forcefully against Miguel's.

Miguel savored the kiss, his lips parting, half out of surprise and half at Lee's nonverbal insistence, for then Lee was filling Miguel's proffered mouth with his own tongue. They remained that way for a good while, as Lee managed to undo his fly with the hand that was not wedged between Miguel's head and the roof. That accomplished, Lee proceeded to wriggle out of his jeans even as he continued to passionately kiss Miguel. With his wriggling, Lee thrashed about a good bit, thrusting against Miguel in a rather pleasant and arousing fashion. Miguel wondered if Lee did it on purpose... Finally, Lee ended the kiss and leaned back a bit, breathing heavily and looking flushed even in the dim light on the roof.

"I forgot the wine back at my apartment," Miguel protested petulantly, in the silence.

"We'll just have to drink it later," Lee suggested, but his free hand hadn't stilled. As they spoke, he was now undoing Miguel's zipper, having kicked off his shoes and lost his jeans entirely just moments before. Fiddling with Miguel's jeans, Lee's hand brushed against Miguel's hard-on, through his boxers, several times. And Miguel would have sworn Lee had done it purposefully... /Teasingly/... "Plus, you said I could have whatever I wanted, remember?"

"So you want sex on the cold cement on the roof?" Miguel asked, bemused. "And... Wait... How come you're on top?" It had just occurred to Miguel that on the cold rooftop, the top position was rather more desirous... That person didn't get his ass frozen off on the concrete.

"Got it in one," Lee said to the first. "And because I'm the dominant one, of course. Or because you said I could have whatever I wanted. Take your pick."

Miguel laughed. And started to kick off his own shoes, so as to lose his jeans as well. Meanwhile, Lee tried lifting Miguel's head and upper back from the pavement, bunching up Miguel's shirt as he slowly slid the fabric up over Miguel's chest. Doing it almost... Sensuously. Miguel finally freed his feet from his shoes, kicking them and his jeans aside. He leaned forward off of Lee's hand, tightening his muscles as if doing sit-ups so as to hold himself erect while ridding himself of his shirt by himself. Going with it, Lee sat up and removed his own t-shirt with practiced ease, tossing it aside on the rooftop. Miguel did the same, before lowering himself back onto the cold pavement.

Eyes gleaming impishly and still straddling Miguel's midsection, Lee lowered himself back down, placing a quick kiss on Miguel's lips, before trailing a string of wet, nipping kisses down Miguel's front. Miguel moaned softly at the pleasurable sensation, his back arching as Lee continued down, but then was forced to stop when he ran out of flesh, and met up with Miguel's boxers. Miguel sunk back to the pavement, letting out another little moan, but Lee just tugged down the offensive bit of fabric, almost disdainfully.

Miguel moaned again, more from anticipation than actual pleasure, but then Lee lowered his mouth to Miguel's erection, eyes now closed and hands running up and down Miguel's sides, sending pleasurable shivers up and down Miguel's spine. Looking for all the world like he was quite experienced, Lee built up a sort of rhythm, coaxing Miguel towards orgasm to a chorus of low moans escaping from Miguel's lips. His own body his guide, Lee felt the two of them near the climax, as Miguel came in Lee's mouth, Lee spilling his own seed in his boxers. Another pair ruined... So was life.

Lee removed his mouth, and swallowed the mouthful, before easing his way back towards Miguel's face, and trailing kisses in his wake. Reaching his destination, Lee and Miguel shared another kiss, though this one was shorter than the first. Contentedly, Lee smiled down at Miguel, before resting his cheek against Miguel's chest.

"You really shouldn't get so comfortable here," Miguel chided, but without true seriousness.
"No one will come up in the morning," Lee protested. "And... I'll get up later... But only for... A glass of that wine... That you promised."

Miguel grinned at that. "A glass of wine, at my place, in the morning. It's a date."

But Lee didn't respond, for he'd somehow fallen asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story