Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Morning Song

Morning Song

by JuuhachiGo 0 reviews

[Yuri, some sexual hints] Haruka recalls what it had been like to wake up at Michiru's side and realizing that her life was now full of the shiny water of her smile. Note that this is my first atte...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 920 words - Complete

0Unrated
MORNING SONG

There were moments in which I felt Michiru's marine gaze managed to see far beyond mine. At that time, as I watched her smiling with that absent expression, I thought I was now used to things going beyond my own understanding. It was reliable, after all the struggle I attempted to fight my destiny with.
And, above all things, I liked her company, her fresh, polite laughter, her princess-like manners, the silent, still contemplating way she looked at me.
Since I was a child, I always disliked people staring at me so insistently. Still, the quiet, azure weight of her attention didn't bother me at all. That was why there was a much deeper admiration in it. It was not the same, fickle adoration other girls overwhelmed me with: for the first time in all my life, I could sense true affection coming from someone.
And that was --and still is-- a feeling making my stomach spin around and around as a crazy merry-go-round with happiness.
Although blue is usually a cold colour, Michiru's azure curls falling on my naked shoulders are the warmest thing I can recall of at the moment.
Since the day she entered my life, blue filled me like water, a deep, liquid shade surrounding everything about her.
Since the day she entered my life, I understood you need nothing from other people, if you're enough to a special person only. Not basketball, nor motorsport or girls whispering in excitement behind your back.
In other words, everything I tried to get a hold of was totally useless to my real destiny.
Useless in front of Michiru's wise words and support. Useless in front of her crystalline smile and her unspoken joy in being at my side despite all the troubles we were getting from our mission.
Because our mission didn't take over us and the way we wanted to live our lives.
Destiny had nothing to do with it.
Destiny can't choose the person, the right one.
Destiny can't tell all the things you can notice by yourself. It wasn't what showered Michiru with such a radiant brightness. It was just me.
That's the reason why we made love, we cried, worried, laughed and even died more than once.
I remember when she woke up early in the morning after we made love for the first time. I was asleep, she... well, she shone. She probably won't ever reveal me anything about how she feels. Mainly because she believes she doesn't need to. In a way, I do either.
When I woke up, between the big mess of entangled sheets, I found her staring at the sunlight that was raining from the window with a peaceful, almost childish gaze, which was brighter than the light itself. She contently stretched her arms, then she turned to me with the most serene smile I had ever seen on someone's face.
"Good morning. You slept well?" she asked, in her usual, courteous way. I could almost believe she actually wasn't keeping herself from giggling, but her eyes betrayed her.
I smirked in response.
"Ah, did we sleep? If we did, then I didn't notice."
"Wasn't it nicer to reply just 'yes' or 'no'? You perv." she frowned, apparently irritated.
Then, it was my turn to frown.
"Perv? Me?" I chuckled, before placing my lips on hers in a light kiss.
"Who else?" she asked, a hint of amusement painting her voice.
"Sex is bad for your humour, that was cheap!" I said out loud, pretending to be mad at her.
"Speaking of sex," she began, ignoring the joke "let's have azuki with rice for lunch today.".
"What?" I led out "Was it the first time you had your period, too?" I grinned.
"Hush." she replied, seductively "I had promised to myself I would have cooked some in case my first time didn't turn out to be so bad... and, judging by the way you were squirming..."
"Of course I was!" I protested "You were top!"
"Just because you didn't want me to go elsewhere..." she whispered.
Me, I blushed, but stayed still and speechless while she got off the bed.
"I'm going to take a shower first!".
I thought Michiru spent all of her childhood in company of a violin! When did she learn to act so... so... suggestively?!
"HEY, WHO'S THE PERV, NOW?"
Nobody seemed to hear me, but I'm sure I've heard her laughing, back then.
And that taught me that sound is the real reason I have to keep on protecting this world.
But I won't tell her.
We still have many other things to deal with instead of our selfish desires. Perhaps, she would scold me, too.
Oh well.
I could always respond the Princess approves.

~owari

(01/06/2007, 4:46 AM) ... oh, I can't believe I did it! My first piece in English ^_^! I had contemplated about it for quite some time and it finally came out ^___^! I'm Italian, but, being the shameless anglophile I am, I just had to write something. Never thought it would be so fun to give it a try ^.^! Something's wrong with my grammar indeed, so please don't hesitate to correct my mistakes so I can get a bit better. Oh, and azuki (I don't think "azuki with rice" was the right term to use... sorry^^;) are red beans Japanese eat when it comes to celebrate something important, such as a girl "becoming a woman", but I guess you all knew it already^^;;;

Thank you for bearing with me!

Juuhachi Go
Sign up to rate and review this story