Categories > Original > Poetry > Are the gone forever?

Are the gone forever?

by haleyxhomicide 1 review

Just a rant of mine.

Category: Poetry - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 719 words

0Unrated
Ok, so I know everyone has been thinking this, I'm just saying it.
My Chemical Romance, has changed.
Drastically. I mean, The Black Parade is good, not their best work, but it's an awsome album. I mean, if I had never heard BULLETS or REVENGE, I would think it's the best thing on the planet.

But the fact is, that with this new album, they seemed to have lost everything they had. All the darkness, the angst, the mystery, the poetry, the blood, the gore, the murder, all the heartache.

Used to, they would use metephores to express their broken heartedness, but now, it's just so easy to figure out every song on TBP. Used to, you would have to pick apart each little song for hours and then still not fully understand what the hell they were talking about. And those songs, those angsty, angry, anarchist, muderous songs, those beautiful poems put to hard, beautiful music, was what made us all fall in love with this band.

The band I fell in love with, didn't care if they were on TRl or not. THey didn't post bulletins on Myspace begging you to vote them on MTV.
They weren't ok and they understand those of us that weren't either.

The music was violent and angry, but so full of hope and beauty. They used to tell us "it's ok to be fucked up, because they're five guys out there that are just as messed up as you, and we've overcome that to do what we do"
What happend to quiet Gerard, the myserious artist who drank all the time. Who never drew a picture without it enovlving blood.
THe man who hid his hazel eyes behind a veil of unwashed black hair.
Who covered his face in red eyeshadow, to make it seem he had just gotten beat up.
What happend to Gerard Way?

What happend to Frankie? The hyper punk rock kid that never had the same hair for more than a week. Who had his nose and lip pierced, who was so full of energy, it was tiring to watch him. The guy who was totally devoted to what he did, who never gave up. What happend to Frankie who was always hyped on Twizzlers? What happend to Kill Em' All?

WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND TO MIKEY?????
The nerdy kid with glasses that was always there to make you say "awwwww"
The spiritual advisor, the one who had his head planted firmly on his shoulders. The one guy that would always be sweet and smiling. Mikey always used to smile..

What happend to Bob?? The angry, chubby guy that really was just a big teddy bear waiting to be hugged. He used to shove cameras and film people just to annoy them.

I can't say much about Ray, he seems the same to me. When I met him, he was the sweetest thing. He seems to be the only one that's really staying true to who he is.

Now, Gerard's head is huge. He's lost himself in all this fame. I mean, you never see him drawing anymore. You never see him kissing Frankie anymore. He didn't even come out to greet us at the concert. Only Frank and Ray did.
I used to imagine myself in the Demolition Lovers car with him, running for our lives and killing everyone in our way. Now, I can't imagine that anymore.

Frank, he took out his piercings, he's calmed down. He's never hyper anymore, not even on stage. I mean, to some extent he is, but not as much as he used to be. He never does his hair anymore and he dosn't giggle as much as he used to. I miss him so much. Where's my child of sin?

I just don't understand. Where is the band that I fell in love with? The band that touched everything inside my body when I would hear them. The band that would sing me to sleep when I needed someone beside me at night. The band that wrote songs about love and loss, murder and gore, hope and heartache.

I miss them.
I miss them.
I miss them.

"And never again, and never again, they gave us two shots to the back of the head, and we're all, dead, now."
Sign up to rate and review this story