Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Your Gone.

Your Gone.

by BenjisRiotGirl79

You were young, you were bright, you were beautiful You were everything anyone could want from a child You were not suppose to leave this world that way You were not suppose to leave this world ...

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1182 words - Complete

?Blocked
-Flashback-

"JOELMADDEN!!! CAN I PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE?!?!"
That caught me off gaurd.
"Who said that?" I asked looking in the crowd.
A girl in her early teens stepped forward with a grudge look on her face.
"I did." She said with an attitude.
I took a closer look. she was wearing Benji converses and a Good Charlotte jacket.
"Your a fan?" I was so confused.
"You could say that." She said looking down.
"Come here." I said. She walked from the crowd over to me and the guys.

Her name was Katie. She was only 17. She was like my daughter after that. I know, I know. Its a strange way to become some's friend.

-Present-

"I know she would of wanted this. Everyone she loved here.
She wasn't ready but God was. She was an angel sent to give joy to everyone's live." Benji stated.

She asked me and Benj to give a speech in her honor. I remember when she first told us.

-Flashback-

"I know now is not the time, place or the occasion. But before I tell you what I need to I want to come clean and tell everyone what I think about them."

She looked around the table.
Starting with Sophie, Benji, Nicole, Me, Paul, Billy, Hilary, Then Katie.

"Sophie, I hated you for the wrong reason and I'm sorry. But if you ever hurt Benji... I will KILL you." She said seriously.
"Benji, I always had a fan crush on you. But now your my uncle and it's not allowed in my house." Everyone errupted in laughter.
"Nicole, I always made fun of you before I meet you. I still did it when I finally met you. Sorry. You're really not that bad." Damn this girl. I love her.

She skipped me obviously wanted me to go last.

"Paul, Your the best. I always knew I made a right choice coming to your for advice and great hugs." She smiled.
"Billy, I had a fan crush on you before I had one one Benji. Your the best."
"Hilary, Geez. Okay, I use to love your show. Then you plus Joel.. Big nono. But I liked you again once ya'll broke up. Your great. Love your c.d" She smiled.
"Joel... Dad. I love you no matter what. Its true that I didn't like you and I seriously wanted to punch you. But your my dad now. Thanks for caring for me." Everyone awwed.
Me and her were in tears because I knew something bad was going to happen. With her talking like this and everything.

"Now. For the news. I'm sick." We understood but we refused to believe it.
"We'll take you to the doctors." Benji said hopefully.
"No. I'm sick and theres no way I can get better. Guys, I have cancer." She said finally letting her tears fall along with everyone elses.
"The doctor said theres a chance I wont make it to 20."
Everyone has lost there appitite.

I remember our last conversation.

"Hey kiddo." I said walking into her room.
"Hey." she sniffed.
"So... Nicoles pregnant." I stated.
"Joel. You need to straighten up your act if your going to be a dad. I don't want to look down on you misbehaving." She smiled.
"Don't talk like that. Your not going to die." I said starting to cry.
"Joel. I'm scared. I don't want to die. I want to stay here. I want to be 21 and reject drinking.I want to make sure you are the dad to your baby like you were to me. I want to have children and watch my children get old with their kids and I want to die old with my husband. The way life is suppose to go. I'm not ready for this." She said breaking down in my arms.
"You will. You will." I whispered rocking her to calm her down.
She finally fell asleep in my arms.
I put her in bed and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

We tried to be as normal as possible around her like she wanted.
It was too hard. 3 weeks after she told us she had cancer, she died.

I remember my last words.

"Goodnight." I said.
"Joel, stay with me." I did.
"No matter what. I always hated you. But everything I said and everything I did, you always cared and never stopped. I just wanted to say thanks." She smiled.
"Your wlecome." I whispered. I couldn't find my voice.
"Goodnight, dad. I love you." And she closed her eyes. She stopped breathing. She died in my arms.

-Present-

I wrote a song for her. I think she would want us to sing it.

"You were young, you were bright, you were beautiful
You were everything anyone could want from a child
You were not suppose to leave this world that way
You were not suppose to leave this world that day

You would scribble down the lyrics of your favorite song
On your notebook in school when your days were long
And it meant so much for me to know
That you meant so much you'll never know


You're gone
And we all miss you
Listen to these songs
You're alive in every one
Are you smiling down?
Are you still singing?
Were you with us all along?
Do you like what we've become?


Did i meet you in the crowd at one of our shows?
Did i see you in the faces that all come and go?
Did i ever take the time, to just say thanks?
Was i too caught up in my life, to ask you your name?
The truth about this life is that we're all in it together
Thats what you said to me in all your pictures and your letters
Somehow i believe, that you have made me better
In my heart i know, you're gonna live forever

You're gone
And we all miss you
Listen to these songs
You're alive in every one
Are you smiling down?
Are you still singing?
Were you with us all along?
Do you like what we've become?

Are you smiling down?
Are you still singing?
Everyday that passes by
We celebrate your life
Can you hear us now?
Bet you we're singing
Every song thats in our hearts
I know we'll never be apart
"


Benji and sophie got married and had a boy.
Nicole had a girl, we named her Kathrine. We call her Katie for short. The funny thing is, she reminds me of her because they have the same attitude and the same outlook in life.

I know Katie's here.

I'm standing in front of her tomb.
It reads:

"Katie Johanna
1991-2011
A gaurdian angel from the start."


I remember everything we've been through.
I turned around to walk home and I felt her presnets.
I was looking her in the eyes and she was smiling.
I could hear her voice in the wind.

As I lay in my bed, I replay the last thing she said.
"Goodnight, dad. I love you."
"Goodnight. I miss and love you too."
Sign up to rate and review this story