Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Things I Miss The Most

All At Once

by xharlequingirl 3 reviews

She came at the most unperfect timing, he was in no way ready to be a father. He was unstable, emotional and wasn't even sure if he could love his girlfriend. Now, twenty months later he is a more ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 1166 words

1Moving
This is written with the most wonderful ClandestineUnited. She is amazing, and I have high hopes for this story! So, let us know what you think!!


Walking into the back room of the arena, Pete held on to Hemingway's leash. It was hotter than hell outside and he had just taken him for a walk. It was still early enough yet to avoid the fans and that was the only time he got to walk his dog.

He greeted the usual people that sat around the dressing room as he got comfortable on the couch, setting his lap top in his lap. It was always a bitch getting internet on tour, so while he had it he was going to use it up!

Opening his email he smiled seeing the email from his mother. The title was a forward. He read the words in his head. "FWD: Ariana's First Birthday."

Double clicking the email he smiled to himself as he looked at the pictures. She looked absolutely adorable in her little pink and white dress, her black hair in pigtails and her bright brown eyes shinning.

"Aw, cutie." A voice said from behind him. Pete jumped and snapped the laptop closed.

"Do you ever stop sneaking up on people?" He asked, rolling his eyes. Patrick jumped onto the couch opposite him, putting his arms behind his head and his feet up on the coffee table.

"I'm afraid not." He replied. There was a silence as Pete looked at Patrick and then avoided his gaze. He opened the laptop again, and looked at the screen, something tugging at his heart.

"She has your eyes." Patrick said, not moving, nor taking his eyes off Pete, who glanced up at him, then sighed.

"Yeah. She does. I just wish she knew what mine look like."

"Well, why don't you show her?"

"I can't do that, Patrick."

"Sure you can. You want her, why not?"

"I just can't." Pete said, stopping the conversation.

"Come on, man. You're Peter fucking Wentz. You can do anything."

Pete shook his head as he resisted running his fingers over the screen. "I messed up man, I walked out out on them twenty one months ago. There's no going back now. Marla absolutely hates me anyway." He shook his head.

"You can't say that, you don't know for sure that she wouldn't let you see her..." Patrick explained to his friend. "She's still your daughter."

"So, what do I do? Call up Marla and be like Well, I walked out on you while you were pregnant, and I haven't helped you raise our daughter at all, but my Mother's been sending me pictures, I think I'm ready to be a father now. Patrick that would not fly." He told him.

Patrick sat up properly, leaning forward to whisper to avoid anyone's prying ears.
"Peter Pan can fly."

Pete shook his head again and Patrick shrugged.

"I'm trying to help, man. Peter Pan can fly, so you make it fly. Make it happen."

"It won't work. She hates me."

"Pete, a lot of people hate you."

"Oh, thanks. I'm all better now."

"But they don't know how awesome you are. They're just... dickheads who have nothing better to do than see the real you. Marla knows you. Jesus Christ, you had a fucking kid together. At least you've had the guts now to realize that."

"That won't be enough." Pete said sadly.

"So what? Just let her know you did what you did for a reason."

"What, tried to kill myself?"

Patrick looked at the floor. He hated when the matter was brought up. "Whatever. Just tell her. You owe her enough to tell her that they're both in your mind. She deserves to know the father of her baby is actually interested."

Pete let out an almost devastated sigh. Patick was right. He had to let her know that he was thinking of her. She was all he thought about. And, if he had known she was pregnant he probably never would have tried to kill himself. But, now he left her with the impression that it was her fault, he never wanted that. He never wanted for her to feel the blame. He loved her more than anything else in the world.

"Stop thinking man, start doing." Patrick told him as he rested his hands on his chin. "You have a beautiful daughter who deserves to know her father. And, you love her, I know you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have your mother email you all of these pictures. And your eyes wouldn't light up when you see those pictures."

Pete nodded. "You're right man." He told him as he looked around, everyone had pretty much scattered. "But, what if...what if she has someone else? What if Marla is in love with someone else? That would kill me..." He trailed off as he played with each finger on his left hand. The laptop placed haphazardly to the side.

Patrick sat back and crossed his legs beneath him, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. "Then you have to deal with it." He said, reasonably. "You can't deny she was hurt. If she has someone else, you'll have to get used to it."

Pete ran his hands through his hair, so it stuck up at an odd angle. He covered his eyes with one hand and rested the other on his knee. "I don't want to."

"Pete, we're not five anymore. You can't have everything. Just because you don't want something doesn't mean it won't happen. Things happen whether you like them or not. Part of life is getting through the problems life throws at you."

Pete nodded slowly. Patrick was right. He always talked the most sense at the best of times, the worst sense at the wrong times. Patrick wasn't one to try and make Pete feel small or guilty about what he'd done, if anything Patrick was the one person who understood where he was coming from, if not all of what he had done. But what he said was never intended to hurt Pete, just to make him see sense. That was Patrick all over. The most truthful guy and loyal to the game. He wouldn't lie to make someone feel good.

"I'm sorry, pal. But I think you should just concentrate on your daughter right now. After all... deep down, isn't she the one you're pining for?"

Pete nodded as he ran his hands over his legs. "I'll email my mom back and ask her for Marla's phone number, we'll be in Chicago in two days, I guess I can work something out then." He told him. "We better get ready; we have a show to do." He told him as he got up, packing up his laptop and grabbing Hemingway's leash. "Thanks, Patrick, really." He told him.

"Anytime man, anytime." Patrick said as he patted his friend's back and sat up beginning to get ready himself.
Sign up to rate and review this story