Categories > Celebrities > Aerosmith

chip away the stone

by demonascreamin 0 reviews

my take on the lyrics to chip away the stone. i know they were written by richard supa, but here it's going to be written by steven and joe. also lyrics for song at end of story. =^.^= *Edited*

Category: Aerosmith - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-08 - Updated: 2008-05-10 - 1283 words - Complete

0Unrated
Joe lay sprawled out across the bed strumming on a guitar. He looked at Steven pacing back and forth. He never understood why that man always waited till the last second to start on lyrics. He was only here to do the music, but he couldn't figure out what to do unless he had some basis on what the song was going to be about. Steven stopped his pacing, but only to grab a cigarette. Once it was lit he began his pacing once again. To pass time by Joe started fiddling around with his guitar. Pretty soon he had a little riff going on. Seeing the fact that Joe was getting the music, but the lyrics were nowhere in sight was frustrating Steven. So Joe decided that he could help with the song writing process.
"You act like a prima donna..." He tossed out there as he looked at Steven.
"Act like a prima donna, hey that's good, I could use that," Steven mumbled writing it down on the pad of paper he held in his hands."
Licking his lips Joe continued on with his try at song writing. "Playing so hard to get, actin' so cool and nonchalant... draggin' on a cigarette."
Steven stopped his pacing and looked at Joe. "Are you holding out ideas on me?"
"Naw, man, I just thought of it right now. Why you wanna use it?"
"It's not a bad idea to run with," he said thinking it over. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna run with it, but seeing that you came up with it maybe you should help me out here. Could you repeat that verse you just said."
“You act like a prima donna playin' so hard to get, actin' so cool and nonchalant draggin' on a cigarette.” Joe said slowly so Steven could write it down.
Joe could see Steven reading over the lyrics, he was bound to see that Joe had only thought of them while he was looking at Steven pacing.
"Draggin' on a cigarette," Steven mumbled. Yep, he definitely got it now Joe thought once Steven looked up at him with a curious expression written on his face.
He never got mad though, never questioned him on what he was thinking. Instead he started the next verse all the while looking at him.
"You keep a wall all around ya, I'll get through someday..." he stopped for a second confliction obvious on his face. Finally after a few seconds he continued, "I want your love babe, if push comes to shove, gonna chip that stone away."
Joe stared at him for a second. He wasn't mad, just the opposite, he was returning the casual attempts Joe had just made with his own attempts.
Joe knew they needed a chorus now, and that chip away the stone wasn't a bad basis for a chorus. He began to sing the beginning of what he thought the chorus should be. "Chip away, chip away at the stone..." Steven picked up on what Joe was trying to do and sang in with him. "And I won't stop until your love is my very own, chip away that's what I'm gonna do..." what could they put there, they couldn't put what they were thinking, it'd hurt their image. Joe knew no matter what they thought they couldn't say it publicly, so where did that leave this song? Just when they thought this song was over before it ever began Steven got an idea. "Sweet little mama I wanna get next to you,” he said crawling on the bed next to Joe.
That fit, now everyone would think they'd been talking about a girl instead of looking at each other for inspiration to each verse. Steven had an idea for the next verse and started it, writing down as he sang it out loud. "Well you stand like a marble statue, trying to look so hard all decked out in your..." he couldn't come out saying black leather pants, that would give it away for sure. They were going to have to use something else, something a woman would actually wear. A dress, that was it, ok she'd be decked out in a dress. What kind of dress though was the question? Apparently Steven had the same idea, only he'd taken it a step further. "All decked out in you antique dress, while the boys all promenade," Steven sang finishing the verse smiling at Joe.
Two can play at that game Joe thought as he started the next verse, looking Steven in the eye to get his point across. "Even a rock will crumble, if you strike it night and day, if hammer..." he couldn't say you; they had to keep a single viewpoint. Steven picked up on why Joe had stopped and lent a hand singing "If hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust, gonna chip that stone away."
Next came the chorus, which they'd already figured out, so Steven wrote it in. There really wasn't any need for more verses, but the song was barely over two minutes, and they at least needed it to be three and a half.
"We could repeat the chorus maybe you say something different at the end the end." Joe suggested.
"Yeah that could work, then we could do it a third time, the two of us repeat I won't stop," Steven said as he wrote in the chorus a second and third time, however on the third time he changed it up a bit. He just put chip away chip away at the stone, chip away chip away at the stone. Then he added I won't stop in after words. He figured him and Joe would go back and forth singing it, but you couldn't end a song saying I won't stop.
Joe had one last contribution to the song, he looked at Steven and sang, "Chip it, I'm gonna nip it all night long,” as he leaned closer to Steven.
Steven looked up at Joe smiling and wrote it down as the last line of the song, but hopefully the beginning of this newfound love.

Well your actin' like a prima donna
Playin' so hard to get
Actin' so cool and nonchalant
Draggin' on a cigarette

You keep a wall all around ya
I'll get through some day
I want your love babe, but push don't shove
Gonna chip that stone away

Chip away
Chip away at the stone
And I won't stop until your love is my very own
Chip away
That's what I'm gonna do
Sweet little mama I wanna get next to you

Well you stand like a marble statue
Trying to look so hard
All decked out in your antique dress
While the boys all promenade

Even a rock will crumble
If you strike it night and day
If hammer I must, I'm gonna get through your crust
Gonna chip that stone away

Chip away
Chip away at the stone
And I won't stop until your love is my very own
Chip away
That's what I'm gonna do
Sweet little mama I wanna get next to you

Chip away
Chip away at the stone
And I won't stop until your love is my very own
Chip away
That's what I'm gonna do
Sweet little mama I wanna get next to you
Oooh...yes I do...

Chip away
Chip away
At the stone
Chip away
Chip away
At the stone

I won't stop
I won't stop
I won't stop
I won't stop
I won't stop

I won't stop
I won't stop
I won't stop
I won't stop
I won't stop
Won't stop

Chip it, I'm gonna nip it, all night long
Sign up to rate and review this story