Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One Step Forward, One Step Back

Chapter 1 - Moving On, Forget The Past

by Tarah-Jane__ 1 review

Growing up in the life that was picked for me has been hell. My best friend was the one always there for me. So why am i pushing him away?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-10 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 1551 words

0Unrated
I sat at my desk, tapping my pencil on my sketch book full of clothing designs. I ran my hand through my long layered hair playing with the pink, light purple and black streaks that I had put in. I had white blonde hair that was layered from the bottom of my head and finished just at my lower back. I stared out the window into the streets of Vegas watching couples walking and people going home from work. My best friend Corrie, my modelling partner and also a photographer sat lazily at the desk next to me listening to the radio. I started listening half heartedly.
'There's been another vampire attack on Brunswick road, a lady in her mid twenties was attacked by what investigators think was a mob of vampires. We can confidently say it was the Beckett gang'
I sighed as I heard that yet again the vampires had attacked an innocent life. Yes, they actually do exist. Everyone thought for years that these "vampires" was just a myth, a stupid little story a kid made up after he saw a shadow. But I guess over the years they became more confident, more angry and needy. They decided to really attack and show themselves. Now we live knowing that the dark could be the end of you.
"Hey Leslie, Do you think that maybe one day. One of us will be attacked or even turned?" Corrie said turning the radio off.
"I don't know, I hope not. I guess anything can happen" I replied still gazing out the window.
"You wanna go home?" She said putting her head in her hands.
"Yeah" I said jumping to life.
We packed up out things and walked out into the streets of Vegas. Books in hands I pulled them tightly into my chest and walked cautiously down the street with Corrie by my side carrying her camera bag.
"Why you bringing your camera home?" I said watching her struggle with the bag and the tripod as she tried to get herself organised with the load.
"I wanna take photo's, idunno just this sudden urge to do what we used to do. Set up a camera and take masterpieces that'll always stay swarming on buzznet. Or on our bedroom walls. Plus I thought I'd get the boys involved, get some good shots of all of us." she said looking up into the night sky. I just nodded my head. Some good shots with the boys would be awesome, especially since they'll be leaving soon. Im talking about the one and only fall out boy. We all met at junior school. I was sitting in the sand box with Corrie making sand cakes when the teacher plopped down Pete and told us he was new and needed friends. We immediately became three best friends that did everything together. The next year Pete became friends with the shy boy Patrick who also bought along his crazy friend Joe. We all just clicked, the same as when Andy came. So we began our group also adding in my friend Hannie. Three girls, four boys. You'd never think it would work but it did. We went through high school together, we went through the phase when every boy would drool over me and when the high school jack ass pinned me to a wall the boys kicked the shit out of him. When I needed to get out of home one of the girls would pick me up, or one of the boys. We just belonged together. Once we graduated from high school we got a house together. One big enough for all of us. Stupid you would think but with all the money we had saved and a bit of help from parents we managed to do it. I share a room with corrie. Hannah has her own room. Pete shares his room with Patrick and then Joe and Andy share. We have other rooms but none of us wanted to have our own room except for Hannah who needed her own time. We all knew why, she was drifting away from the group and she had changed so much. She did drugs behind out backs even though we tried to get her to stop nothing would work.
She was leaving the house, leaving us tomorrow.
We were about a block away from our house now and I pulled my jacket tighter around me and kicked at a rock at my feet.
Although everyone thought we were stupid to have moved in together and live our lives together we still managed to get to our dreams.
I had a major in fashion design and learned hair extensions, colouring, cutting and what not. I started my own clothing label which hasn't been released yet. I do modelling for other clothing designers as well which is what I always wanted to do. Everyone said I should have. I looked down at my figure. I was tall, very pale unfortunately, too skinny but I can't put on weight! Honest. I had blue eyes and the blonde hair, which is what every designer screams for. I don't like it though, I don't mind it but I would prefer not to look like I did.
Corrie had always wanted to be a model and a photographer. She had brown hair which stoped at her shoulders, of course I attacked it with my super hair skill and had layered it a bit and put pink and black near the ends of her hair and also at the side. She had a slim figure and just a bit shorter than me. We had our own designers that wanted just us but we also had designers that wanted us both which pleased me greatly as I would have a friend. We were known around for being glued to each other in everything we do, be it designing our label, being idiots or modelling. We did it together.
Pete, Patrick, Joe and Andy had started numerous bands in the past but never stuck to it, they started up yet another one and worked hard at it. Soon the boys were at local things performing and clubs absolutely rocking the place. They were so talented and they had recently gotten signed. That means they're going on tour leaving us behind.
I dreaded the day that I had to say goodbye to them.
Soon we both arrived at our driveway and slowly walked to the door. We both walked in to the smell of dinner cooking. Since most of us were vegetarians you could smell the noodles and the vegetables cooking away. Hopefully Joe was the one cooking, the other boys were hopeless at it.
I smiled at the memory when Pete, Patrick and Andy decided to make a cake for corrie. Totally screwing up the recipe, putting salt instead of sugar. Too much water. Didn't mix it properly. What corrie was presented was a burnt yet slimy lumpy salty cake which we all just looked at and avoided.
Corrie ran up the stairs and I walked into the dining room, still with my coat on and my sketch books in hand. Pete was sitting at the table playing cards with Patrick, Andy was sitting on the mini couch reading a book of some sort. Joe, Joe was in the kitchen with a pink frilly apron on and those cooking glove things. He also had a bow in his hair. I just stared for a minute, then he turned around. On his face he had eyeliner, eye shadow, blush, foundation that wasn't rubbed in properly and lipstick. Did I mention nine of it was on properly? He just looked at me for a moment and said.
"Honey, I know I told you all these years when we were together that Pete was just a best friend. But im sorry. We have to break up. My undying love for him is too powerful" He said it all with a straight face. I just looked at him strange and nodded slowly.
"mmmkay" I said walking in to Pete, Patrick and Andy.
"hello my boys" I said sitting down, still holding my sketch books.
"mm hi" was all I got. I rolled my eye's and headed upstairs to my room.
Corrie was in there already changed into her boxers and an oversized shirt. I put my books on my desk and took my coat off. Walking into our mini bathroom I got changed and sat on Corrie's bed.
"I don't want the boys to go" I said picking at my nails.
"You mean, you don't want Pete to go" she said smiling sitting next to me and playing with my hair. I looked at her quickly eye's wide.
"No I mean I didn't say I meant I said I boys no go" I said in a jumble.
"Les, im your best friend I know these things and it's okay" she said now platting my pink streak.
I mumbled something and walked of to see Hannah and if she needed help packing.
"Hannah" I said knocking on her door "Hey it's Leslie, you need a hand?" I waited after a long silence I grabbed the door knob and pushed the door open. What I saw made my world crash down.
Sign up to rate and review this story