Categories > Original > Fantasy > Woverin Domination

Chapter Eight

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

The human race becomes dominate to a half man half wolf breed of species. Two people fight to survive while being hunted as renegades. Please R&R.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 579 words

0Unrated
I opened my hand. He had given me a talisman in the shape of a wolf's head. I slipped it over my neck and set off through the trees, in the direction Aaron had gone hours ago.

I was so lost in thought about Aaron and Micah that I didn't hear the Woverin trackers until it was too late. I tried to get to my knife, but the bigger of the two had my hands pinned behind my back quickly.
The second tracker opened up his pack and pulled out a wanted poster, "Kendra Webster," he said as I glared at him. "It says you slit a guard's throat. There will be a big reward for you." He turned and stuffed the poster back in his pack, then the first tracker yanked me forward. I kicked him in his face, and he crumbled in a heap at my feet. I grabbed my knife and quickly slit his throat from ear to ear, before turning to the second tracker.
"You bitch," he said then pulled out his own knife. He rushed at me, but I nimbly sidestepped him. I came up behind him and sharply kicked him in the back. He fell forward, impaling himself on a sharp piece of tree branch laying on the forest floor. I sheathed my knife, then picked up the pack of wanted posters, throwing them on the fire the trackers had built before I walked away.

I camped out in a secluded glen that night, hoping that the next day I would find Aaron. I woke up abruptly in the middle of the night to find a hand pressed against my mouth. I couldn't see who held it. Their face was in shadows.
I tensed up in fear when they said in an obviously masculine voice, "these woods are dangerous at night, all kinds of predators lurk here, and I don't only mean the Woverins." I grabbed at my knife, and he moved quickly, knocking it out of reach and pinning my hands above my head. I struggled with him, but was subdued by his weight. The moon came out of the clouds at that moment, lighting my captor's face. I gasped with surprise and rage, when I found myself looking into Aaron's eyes.

He released me, and I got up quickly, before he could say another word I punched him in the face. He staggered backwards and I ran the other way. I had only got a few steps before he grabbed my shoulder and whirled me around, before I could punch him again, he kissed me hard.
I moaned and sagged against him, all the fight draining from my body.
He stepped back and said "what are you doing out here alone, where is Micah, he's supposed to be protecting you."
"Looking for you," I replied defensively. "Micah, wanted me to be happy. He knew the only way was to be with you."
Aaron pulled me into his arms, and stroked my hair. "Do you want to be with me?" He asked softly.
"If I didn't want to be with you, I would've never tried to find you." I said before pressing my lips against his. "I love you Aaron and I want us to be married."
He stepped away from me and grabbed my hand, "come on," he said. "We're not that far from the village. We should reach it before nightfall."
We walked down the faint path, toward the village.
Sign up to rate and review this story