Categories > Original > Romance > Stormy Nights

Starry Night

by tehbeautifullie 3 reviews

"I fell in love with you here," he whispers in between kisses, and I move to rest my hand on his knee.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 6459 words

0Unrated
Chapter 12: Starry Night

I awoke to the distant shrilling of a telephone, and to the feel of strong arms protectively wrapped around me. I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips as I continued to lie on top of Jake. I could hear the steady sound of his heart beating as my ear rested against his chest. I let myself relax against him, my eyes slowly fluttering open. Almost as if sensing that I was awake, one of his arms disentangled itself from my waist, and simply rested over his head. I looked up at him, his eyes closed and his lips parted as he slept peacefully, with the back of his wrist lying just next to his head. I let my fingers tentatively reach up and stroke the soft skin of his wrist; tracing the letters of my name that were tattooed there. .x. Isabella .x. It was simple, but I loved it. He promised to take me to get his name on my wrist as soon as I turned eighteen, if I decided I wanted to do it. Did I? Without a doubt. The commitment of it all was so touching; the fact that your significant other was willing to permanently wear your name on their body.

I let my hand move carefully towards his face, my fingers lovingly tracing the side of his face; caressing his cheek. I placed a faint kiss on his chin before pressing my lips against his neck. I smiled as I felt him shiver underneath me, and I pressed another soft kiss on his chest. I looked over towards the clock next to his bed and saw that it was almost six in the afternoon. It was hard to believe I'd slept for five hours. I slowly crawled out from underneath his arm, careful not to wake him. I slowly tip-toed away from the bed and I moved towards the closet, opening the doors slowly to peer inside. Unsure of what to wear, I pulled a sleeveless simple black dress. It was very form fitting, and had a low, yet modest neckline, along with soft silver feminine lace along it. The hem of the dress fell about two inches above my knee in a slightly ruffled look that gave it a nice flare, despite the simplicity of it; it was one of my favorite things about it. Deciding I could wear the dress with the heels I was wearing earlier, I decided not to look for shoes. I quietly sifted through some more outfits before pulling out a short, ripped, form-fitting jean mini skirt. I slung it over my shoulder before looking for something else. I smiled victoriously when I found what I was looking for. A pair of black skin tight pants; the material was thin enough to be tight, but thick enough to not be see-through. I maneuvered the black pants under the mini skirt, and held them out in front of me. I slung the outfit over my shoulder again, before going back to look at more shirts. I pulled out a simple white tank top, and my black hoodie jacket. It was my favorite jacket to wear because it didn't hide my shirts. It slipped on over my head, and the elastic at the bottom held it in place at my hips while the front opened in a large V, leaving my chest uncovered to expose the top I'm wearing, but still giving me that nice warmth in the long sleeves. I quietly close the closet, and I drape each outfit the way it's supposed to go on the bed. I walk over to Jake's desk, and I grab a yellow post-it note and a pen to scribble down a note.

Baby, which outfit should I wear? If you wake up and read this, just kick whatever outfit you don't like to the floor and go back to sleep; I know you need it. I love you. Dream of me.

I felt kind of silly writing it, not knowing if he'd even read it or not. Nevertheless, I left note stuck to his alarm clock before leaving the room to grab a towel from the hall closet.

"Hi, honey, did you get any sleep?" Claire asks from behind me.
"Yeah, I did. I feel much better now."
"Good; I'm glad. There's freshly baked cookies downstairs, if you're interested."
"I'd better grab one now before they disappear," I say with a smile and she laughs softly.
"That's exactly what I was thinking."

I smile at her before quietly padding down the stairs, my bare feet making soft pitter-patter noises along the soft carpet. I walk into the kitchen, shuddering slightly as the cold tile floor touches my feet. I find Jennifer sitting on a stool in front of two batches of cookies, with Robert standing next to her.

"Daddy!" she squealed, "These are for the picnic! Eat the ones on that tray!"

Robert laughs softly, playfully elbowing her in the side before stealing another cookie from her little pile. She gives him a half-hearted glare, before returning to her task of putting cookies in a zip-loc bag.

"Hey guys, any cookies left?" I ask playfully as I walk up on the other side of Jennifer.
"Hi Isa!" she says with a grin, "Want one?"

I smile back at her as she holds a cookie out to me, and I take it from her.

"Thanks, sweetie," I take a small bite of it, "did you help mommy make them?"
"Yup! She even said we could take some on our picnic!"
"What picnic?"
"Jake said he'd take us to the beach tomorrow, and I thought we could have a picnic. Unless you don't want to."
"No, no, I do," I smile, "I just didn't know you guys made plans. We've been sleeping this whole time."
"Wow!"
"I'm glad you were able to sleep, sweetie," Robert says, "you looked drained."
"I was. It's been an exhausting week," I nod, "anyway; I'd better go get in the shower. Jake has plans that he refuses to tell me about."

Robert laughs softly as Jennifer giggles. She wraps her arms around me, hugging me and I smile before hugging her back, pressing a kiss on the top of her head. I pull away, and Robert gives me a little wink. I smile at him, and snag another cookie before heading towards the stairs. I climb them quietly before making my way into Jake's room. I walk over to his bedside, and I set the cookie down on top of the post-it note. I smile and lean down to press a faint kiss against his forehead before heading towards the bathroom. I close the door, and I set my towel down before twisting the faucet to let the water heat up. I open the bottom cabinet under the sink and grab my straight iron. I unravel the cord as I stand up and plug it in to let it heat up. I strip off my clothes, before standing in the tub, and stepping under the hot spray of water. I close my eyes and lean my head back, letting the water fall on my body, easing the tension of the day away. I run my hands through my hair, wetting it thoroughly, before proceeding with my shower. As I'm rinsing my hair out, I hear noises in the bedroom, before a soft knock is heard at the door.

"It's unlocked!" I call out, and I hear the door open.
"Hey, baby," I hear Jake's slightly groggy voice, "do you mind if I shave while you're showering?"
"Nope, go ahead," I say, "just be careful with the iron, it's probably pretty hot by now."
"Thanks," he steps in and closes the door behind him, "did you sleep well?"
"Yes, I did. I didn't wake up at all until just a little bit ago."
"Good. You needed to sleep; or it was going to catch up with you sooner or later."
"I know," I say, "did you find the cookie I left you?"
"Oh yeah, it was good."
"Jen's setting some aside for us to take on our picnic."
"Yeah, we decided all of this when I got in earlier; before I went to nap with you."
"Oh okay; I wasn't sure if you were aware of the cookies or not."
"Yup."
"So, what outfit should I put on?" I ask as I turn the shower off, "I mean, I don't even know where we're going or what we'll be doing, so I have no idea what to wear."
"Wear what you're most comfortable in."
"Baby," I say with a soft laugh as I dry myself, "how about a straight answer?"
"I personally like the outfit with the skirt," he says after a soft chuckle.
"See? That's all you had to say."

I wrap the towel tightly around my body, securely tucking it in at the front of my chest before pulling the shower curtain open. I smile at Jake, and he smiles back as he steps over towards me, holding his hand out for me.

"Don't slip," he warns softly as I step out of the tub.
"I haven't yet."

I start to pull my hand away, but instead, he pulls me closer to him. I close my eyes as his warm, slightly wet hand cradles the side of my face, before pressing his lips against mine. I kiss him back, taking another small step towards him, making sure my towel stays in place. He pulls away, smiling at me as he moves the wet hair away from my eyes.

"You're so beautiful," he says, looking into my eyes.
"Thank you," I whisper with a soft blush.

He kisses me again, before pulling away to look at me. I giggle softly as I look at him, and I bring my finger to the side of his face, my finger scooping up some excess shaving cream and then tapping it on the tip of his nose.

"Hey!" he laughs as he takes a few steps back.
"I'm going to get dressed," I say with a smile and he nods.
"Knock on the door when you're decent so I don't walk in on you."
"Okay, I will," I nod as I step out of the bathroom.
"Oh, and baby?" he says before I close the door.
"Yeah?"
"I love you."

I smile at him, before blowing him a kiss.

"I love you, too."

He smiles back at me and I close the door. I walk towards the bed, and I notice that Jake's put my black dress away. I smile to myself, before taking the towel from my body, and starting to get dressed. I decide that I'll put my jacket before we leave, and I sit on the bed to grab my shoes. Before I start to put them on, I remember that I had to knock on the door, and I quickly get up to do so. I step up to the door, and knock before going back to my spot on the bed. I pull my heels on as Jake opens the door, and I bend over to tie the clasps. I turn my head towards Jake as I'm attaching the clasp, and blush when I notice the smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask.
"Oh, nothing," he says innocently as he walks towards his closet.
"Pig," I say with a giggle, earning a chuckle from him.
"Sorry, I couldn't help it."
"What, those are the thoughts that normally plague your mind when you see me?"
"Mostly when you're bending over like that," he says with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

I can't help the loud laugh that escapes me, and I cover my face to try to contain it. I hear him chuckle and my laughter eventually dies down to a soft giggle. I stand up as he comes closer to me, and he wraps his arms around me.

"What was so funny about that?" he asks with a smile.
"I don't know, just the tone of your voice when you said it and how serious you sounded."
"You're silly, you know that?"
"I know, but I don't mind."
"Neither do I," he says with a soft chuckle before whispering, "give me a kiss."

The soft command causes a shiver to run up my spine and I lean towards him, gently pressing my lips to his. We kiss softly for a few moments, before I pull away slowly. He cups the side of my face in his hand, caressing my cheek with his slightly rough hand. I closed my eyes as I gently nuzzle my cheek into his hand with a little smile on my face; I loved the texture of his hands against my face.

"I'm going to go get a few things together while you finish getting ready, okay?" he says.
"Okay. I shouldn't be too long."
"Take your time; we're not in a rush."
"I wish you'd tell me where we were going."

He chuckles softly and simply presses a kiss against my lips before pulling away and walking out of his room. I can't help but laugh slightly as I retreat back into the bathroom with my discarded towel. I towel dry my hair as I stand in front of the mirror before setting it down, and picking up the iron. I piece my hair section by section; making sure it's perfectly straight. It takes me a record time of forty-five minutes to finish it. I unplug the cord, and let it sit on the side of the sink.

I start to do my make up next. I do a close inspection of my face, content with the fact that my nasty bruise is almost nonexistent. I apply a thin coat of cover up to hide the imperfections, before grabbing my dark gray eye shadow and a soft brush. As I was applying a dark coat of eye shadow onto my lids, Jake came in. He stood behind me, looking at me through the mirror with a smile on his face. I smiled back at him before reaching inside my make up again for my teal mascara.

"Everything's ready for our outing, love," Jake says as his arms wrap around my waist.
"I'm almost ready, too."
"Mmhm," he nods as he kisses my shoulder, "I can tell. You look beautiful."
"Thank you," I blush slightly.

I apply a few coats of the bright teal mascara onto my eyelashes, before fishing around my make up bag for my soft beige lipstick. When I take it out, Jake takes it from me before handing me one. I look at him questioningly as I hold the tube of dark red lip gloss in my hand.

"I bought it for you the other day. But, you don't have to wear it if you don't like it."
"No, I'll wear this if you want me to. It's a pretty color."
"I thought it would look good on you."

I unscrewed the top, and bent over slightly to look in the mirror as I applied the dark red color. I replace the top, before the tube in my make up bag. I run my hands through my hair, before slowly turning around to face Jake.

"What do you think?" I ask softly.
"I think you're most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on," he says with a smile.

I blush slightly, and look down. His hand suddenly raises my head up to look into his eyes, and before I can say anything, his lips cover mine. I whimper softly as I wrap my arms around his shoulders, kissing him back. He pulls away slowly, and smiles at me again.

"Let's go."

I nod, and I turn the light off before he gently tugs on my hand as he walks out. I grab my jacket as we pass the bed, and as we're walking down the hall, I slip it on. I pull it down to my hips and make sure the open front is centered with my chest. I smooth out any wrinkles that may be present as we walk towards the front door.

"Be safe, you two," Robert says as Jake opens the door.
"We will," I smile.
"We'll be back pretty late, so don't worry," Jake says with a smile of his own and I make a face.
"He's still not telling you where he's taking you, huh?" Robert asks with a chuckle.
"No."

He walks away, still chuckling as he shakes his head and I look over at a grinning Jake. He takes my hand, and leads me out the door, before closing it and locking it. We make our way over to this truck, and he opens the door for me. I grin at him as I hoist myself up into it, and I slide over towards the middle as he walks around. He climbs in as well, and soon we're driving down the street.

The ride is silent for the most part. I sit next to him, my hand held lovingly by his as his thumb caringly strokes my knuckles. As we come to a stop at my favorite Chinese takeout place, I look over at him questioningly.

"Don't look at me like that," he says with a chuckle.
"Well, I'm confused. We can't go in and eat."
"No, this is takeout only...that's why it's called Chinese Takeout Buffet," he says with a cheeky grin.

Before I have a chance to make an equally obvious response, he steps out of the truck. He looks back at me with a smug grin as he walks away, and I can't think of something quickly, so I resort to sticking my tongue out at him. He laughs and walks into the place. It wasn't until the sudden mention of food that I became aware of my growling stomach.

Moments later, Jake comes back, and sets the bag of food in the seat behind us. I close my eyes and sigh as the delicious smell of the food invade my senses. Jake takes a hold of my hand once again; his thumb returning to the previous task of caressing my knuckles. I look over at him and smile as I admire his handsome features from the side. His face holds a relaxed expression; his lips moving as he softly mumbles the lyrics of the song quietly playing on the radio. It isn't until now that I notice what he's wearing. I smile as I recognize the shirt as one of the many I'd given to him. It's a black, form-fitting tee-shirt with a graphic of white ribcages in the proper places, along with a human heart. Along with the shirt, he's wearing a pair of black cargo shorts that fall just below his knee.

"Is there a particular reason as to why you're staring so intently at me?" he asks suddenly, and I blush at being caught.
"Aside from the fact that you're insanely gorgeous, no, not really," I say with a smile.

This time, it's his turn to blush, and my smile widens.

"I thought I was the sweet talker out of the two of us?" he asks with a brief glance in my direction.
"Trust me, baby, you are."

He smiles at me as he steals another glance at me, before giving my hand a light squeeze. The rest of the drive is silent as he takes me to our unknown destination.

Soon, we're pulling into a lot, and I look around in confusion. Suddenly, a grin breaks out on my face as I realize we're on the camping grounds. I bite my bottom lip with excitement as he drives a few feet from the beautiful lake. I stared out the window as he maneuvered the truck so that the bed was facing the lake. As he killed the engine, I looked over at him, smiling broadly.

"I love that smile, baby," he says with a smile of his own, "I love /you/."

I can't help but smile slightly wider as he leans towards me, and presses his lips against mine, kissing me softly.

"I love you, too," I whisper back.
"Stay here, okay? Oh, and don't even think about peeking out the back window either, buttercup."
"I wouldn't dream of it," I tell him with an innocent smile.

He playfully pokes my cheek before getting out of the truck. I fidget slightly in my seat as I hear him moving stuff around in the bed of the truck. I look out the windshield at out surroundings, and I smile suddenly. This is where I saw Jake for the very first time. I was sitting by a campfire near the lake with Julie, and we were discussing the issues about my dad when she spotted him. We were both attracted to him almost instantly, but her crush for her wore off fairly quickly, while mine turned into something more.

I was suddenly jerked from my thoughts when my door opened, and I was greeted with Jake's smiling face.

"Close your eyes," he instructs, and give him a questioning look, "just close your eyes and trust me."

I look at him hesitantly for another moment before closing my eyes. I feel his arms snake around my body, and he picks me up in his arms. I gasp softly, and blindly link my arms around his neck. I felt a cool gentle breeze blow my hair a little as he carried me off somewhere. I feel him lift me up higher than his body, and I suddenly feel the softness of pillows or comforters under me.

"Don't open your eyes yet," he says as he lets go.
"I won't."

I put my hands down to kind of feel around a little, to try to gain my sense of direction a little bit, but I can't seem to do it. Before I can come up with much, I feel Jake beside me and he lifts me up in his arms again. He gently sets me down, and he pulls away again. I hear something sliding open, and I quickly realize it must be a window. I hear the rustling of a plastic bag and I'm suddenly assaulted by the strong aroma of the Chinese takeout.

"Okay, open your eyes," Jake whispers against my ear.

I shiver slightly as his warm breath hits my ear, and I let my eyes flutter open. I gasp softly, my eyes widening as I look out to the beautiful lake. I notice that we're sitting on the bed of the truck, which has been softened by many thick covers and pillows. The soft lights from the stars and the moon give the lake a breathtaking glow; the hundreds of fireflies that randomly fly around from place to place only adding to its beauty.

"It's beautiful, Jake," I whisper as I turn to look at him.

He smiles at me before pressing his lips against mine, kissing me softly. He wraps an arm around me, pulling my body closer to his as the kiss deepens. He pulls away slowly, still planting soft kisses on my lips I look up at him.

"I fell in love with you here," he whispers in between kisses, and I move to rest my hand on his knee.
"So did I," I whisper back to him.

He kisses me again, his free hand coming up to cup the side of my neck, holding me against him. He nibbles softly on my bottom lip, enticing a whimper from me. He pulls away, and I look up at him. He smiles down at me, and I close my eyes again as he gently runs his thumb across my slightly swollen bottom lip.

"Look at me," he whispers and I open my eyes to look at him, "I love you."
"I love you more."
"Impossible."
"Nothing's impossible," I whisper with a smile.

He smiles back at me and I lean up to press my lips against his in a soft kiss. He pulled away, and lovingly pushed stray hairs away from my face. He laid a playful kiss on the tip of my nose, and I scrunched it up as I giggled.

"Are you hungry?" he asks and I nod.
"Starved; I think all I've had today is that piece of toast you made me eat this morning, and one of the cookies your mom and Jen made."
"Baby," he frowns, "that's not good for you. I hope you're not skipping meals on purpose."
"Of course not," I say with a shake of my head.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes," I whisper, "besides I wouldn't want to lose my girlish figure."
"Good, because I love your figure," he smiles.
"Your girlish figure is very attractive, too, sweetie."

He laughs and gives my stomach a playful poke.

"There's nothing girlish about my figure, doll face."

This time it's my turn to laugh as he pulls his shirt up, showing me his built stomach. I reach down and give it a loving pat, and he smiles down at me. We kiss again before settling comfortably against the back of the truck. I smile as Jake reaches for the bag of food, and he starts setting stuff out for us. He hands me a medium sized Styrofoam box, and a fork. I take it from him, kissing his lips briefly. He grins at me, and grabs a Styrofoam box of his own as I open mine.

"We're kissing an awful lot today, aren't we?" I ask with a smile.
"I'm not complaining," he says.

And as if just to prove his point, he leans towards me, pressing his lips against mine in a kiss. My lips open slightly for him as I gasp softly into the kiss, and he deepens the kiss for a few moments before slowly pulling away. He smiles at me before running his thumb across my bottom lip again.

"Why do you always do that?" I ask softly, and his smile seems to widen slightly.
"After I kiss you, your bottom seems to swell slightly, and it looks all pouty and sexy."
"That doesn't explain why you touch it," I say teasingly, and he laughs.
"Sure it does. Don't you touch stuff you like?"
"Are you saying you like my pouty lips?"
"I'm saying I like everything on you."

I smile at him, and we kiss yet again. Although this time, the kiss is short-lived and brief. I move my food around with my fork, mixing together the white rice and the chicken and vegetables, before bringing a fork full of food into my mouth.

"Baby, the food's not going to run," Jake laughs as I take another fork full, "well, then again, the way you're about to mow it down might make it sprout legs and take off."

I cover my mouth as I laugh and try to chew at the same time. I elbow him in the side and he laughs more before leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"You're so mean," I say after I've swallowed the mouth full of food.
"You know I'm just kidding, sweetheart."
"I know, but you're still mean."

He chuckles softly before pressing another kiss to my forehead. I smiled at him as we sat comfortably against the truck once again, happily munching away at our food, occasionally picking at each other's food.

"You see that rock over there?" I suddenly ask as I point with my fork.
"Mmhm," he grins, "it's a nice rock."

I laugh softly as I elbow him in the side. He makes a sound that's somewhat in between a cough, a gasp, and a laugh as he reaches for his Styrofoam cup of soda. I reach over and pinch his straw as he tries to drink. He looks confused for a moment, which only makes me laugh harder and he realizes I was pinching it. He swats my hand away with a pout before attempting to take another drink, this time succeeding. He flicks me playfully on the nose before pointing to the rock.

"So...this rock," he starts, "Tell me about it."
"I was sitting on that rock when I first saw you," I admit softly.
"Here?"
"Yeah," I nod.
"You've never mentioned that before."
"I know."
"Will you tell me more?"
"If you want me to," I smile.
"Of course; I want to know about all of it," he replies with a smile of his own.
"You remember the Homecoming camping trip during my freshman year?"
"Yup, that was my junior that year. Wait; that's when you saw me?"
"Yeah."
"I didn't even know you went to that."
"I know," I said with a small smile, "the cheerleaders kind of held your attention the whole night."
"Did they?"
"Yeah, they were kind of all over you."
"Oh," he said as he looked down.
"If someone would've told me that night, that years later we'd be sitting here with three and a half years of relationship under our belts, I'd of laughed in their face."
"Why's that?"
"Because...you were so popular in High School, you probably didn't even know I existed until Kyle tried to hit on that girl you were dating at the time. God, he made such an idiot out of himself.'
"I remember that," he laughs, "I remember wondering to myself who this cute little gothic girl was; dragging away a guy twice her size."
"Please, Kyle's a dork. The only reason he did that was because he knew how much I liked you, and he knew I'd go get him if he messed with you."
"Well, then I'm glad he did what he did."
"Even though you almost pounced on him," I say with a giggle.
"Well...what do you expect? He was hitting on my girlfriend. If someone did that to you, I'd break their legs."
"Aww, in an ape-man kind of way, that's sweet."
"I try," he says with a grin, "so how come you never told me any of this before?"
"I don't know, I guess it never came up. We haven't been here in years; and the last time we did, we'd only been together for like...a month. I wasn't even sure you seriously liked me. I thought it was pretty impossible to go from the blonde bombshell to me."
"She couldn't have been too impressive because I don't even remember her name."
"Will you remember me?" I ask softly.

He turns to look at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I could see him from the corner of my eye as he set his food down. Then he reached for mine. He moved and sat where he was facing me. He gently tilted my head up, and our eyes meet.

"I won't have to; we'll always be together
"How do you know for sure?"
"Because I'm going to marry you one day."
"That doesn't mean anything."
"Of course it does."
"What if I'm a lousy wife?" I ask in a soft whisper.
"That's impossible, sweetheart," he says with a soft chuckle.
"It scares me to think you might realize that you made a mistake."
"Why would you think I'd ever feel that way about you?"
"I don't know," I sigh.
"Baby, is there something bothering you that you're not telling me about?"
"No, not really."
"Then what is it, babe?"
"I don't know."

He sighs softly before reaching for me, and slowly pulling me into his lap. He pressed a soft kiss against my lips before pulling away to cup the side of my face.

"What's with the sudden insecurities, doll face?"
"I really don't know, Jake."
"You have nothing to be insecure about, sweetheart. I love you, and no one else. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I'm going to; as long as you want to be with me, too."
"I want to be with you for as long as you want me."
"I want you forever."
"That's a long time."
"It's not long enough," he whispers.

I look at him, my eyes slightly teary. He smiles at me before wiping away the few tears that escape my eyes.

"Don't be silly, okay? You're stuck with me."

I smile softly at him before nodding my head. He presses a soft kiss against my lips before hugging me close to him. He presses soft feathery kiss on my neck as I hug him back.

"I love you," he whispers.
"I love you, too."
"Forever?"
"And always."

He smiles at me and this time, I lean in to kiss him. As we pull apart, he leans into my neck again and I giggle as his breath tickles me. My eyes flutter closed as his lips brush along my neck, one of his hands molding to my hip. I shiver in his arms, whimpering softly and he slowly moves his lips to my ear.

"Cold?" he asks, causing another shiver to crawl up my spine.
"No," I whimper and I feel him smile against my skin as he kisses my ear.
"Here," he whispers as he pulls back, "lay down with me."

I nod slightly as I smile at him. I get off of his lap as he moves around.

"Are you done with this, baby?" he asks holding up the little that's left of my food.
"Yeah, I'm stuffed."
"Alright."

He closed both, his and my container of food before putting them both in the bags. He sets them off to the side, along with our sodas, before lying down. He smiles up at me, patting his chest. I smile back at him as I crawl towards him, and I perch myself at his side, resting my head against his shoulder as my hand rubbed his chest.

"The stars are so beautiful," I whispered and he nodded in agreement, "you're quiet all of a sudden," I say after a few minutes.
"I'm just thinking," he answers softly.
"About what?"
"About the first time I brought you here."
"I remember that day so well," I say with a smile.
"So do I. When I saw you sitting by the lake, I don't know what happened. It was as if all my breath had been sucked from my body. The moonlight was shinning on you at such an angle that you looked angelic. I've been in love with you ever since that moment that I saw you," he whispered.
"How do you know you were in love with me?"
"I just knew. You were the only thing I thought about. No matter what I did to try to get you out of my head, I couldn't. Everything reminded me of you. And I couldn't stand to be away from you. I can remember taking you home all those nights, and wanting to do nothing more than to turn around and get back to you," he said with a smile, "I wanted to know everything about you. I wanted to know what you liked, what you didn't like. I wanted to know what made you sad, so I keep you as far from it as I could; and I wanted to know what made you happy, just so I could be the one to bring a smile to your face. I missed you even when you were standing right next to me."
"How is that possible?"
"I guess in the back of my mind, I knew that when the night ended, I wouldn't have you in my arms anymore. I fell asleep every night just thinking about, only to dream about you," he smiled suddenly, "and in the morning, you were the first thing I thought about. You're the first person that made me want to change, the first person that made me feel like I could do whatever I set my mind to. You made me want to be better."
"I'm glad I could do that for you."
"Me, too, baby," he whispers.
"So...you felt that way about me just a month after we started dating?"
"No," he smiles sheepishly, "it was sooner than that. But, I didn't want to scare you away...I don't know."
"I don't know if it would've scared me away. I probably wouldn't have believed you had you told me all of this. I'd have figured it would've been one of your many ploys to get another notch on your bed."
"I never thought about you that way."
"Ever?" I asked softly.
"Ever," he whispered, "I respected you way too much for those thoughts. I knew you'd be worth the wait. And I still know that."

I looked up at him, and he gently held my chin with his thumb and index finger, bringing my lips to his. We kissed softly for a few moments, and I shivered visibly as his hand slid to my neck. I gasped softly as he slowly rolled over, hovering over me. He pulled back from my lips, gazing down into my eyes, his thumb running along the side of my neck. I let my eyes flutter closed, and I bite my bottom lip as I purr softly. I tilt my head to the side as he continues caressing the slope of my neck. My eyes flew open as I felt him gently nibble on my bottom lip, and he immediately kissed me as I released my bottom lip.

My eyes slowly drifted shut as we lay wrapped in each others embrace. His lips slowly trailed along my neck, leaving soft lingering kisses in their wake. I felt one of his hands settle low on my hip while the other busied itself in my hair. My arms were wrapped around his middle, my hands caressing his bare back as my hands slid into his shirt. His hands both reached the bottom of my sweater, and he slowly pushed it up, careful not to take my shirt with it. He pulls away only to pull the sweater over my head and he tosses it towards the corner. He looked down at me, and smiled at me as he pulled my tank top down to cover the little part of my stomach that was showing. I smiled back at him, and raised my arms so they rest above my head against the pillow my head was laying on. He trailed his fingertips along the skin of my arms, my neck, and my throat before leaning down and kissing me again. We shared a series of soft butterfly kisses, confessing to each other how deeply it was we loved one another.

The last thing I remember was looking up at the dark star-filled night sky as Jake whispered in my ear.
Sign up to rate and review this story