Categories > Books > Harry Potter

REVENGE is 'sweet'

by railracer 3 reviews

Harry is suffering at the Durselys. When a package arrives, a plan is formed. The Durselys would suffer for what they had done. Meant to be humorous.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Fred, George, Harry - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-15 - 1325 words

1Original
Disclaimer: Harry Potter does not belong to me. J.K Rowling owns it.


Revenge is 'sweet'

"Potter get the ruddy hell down here. Your auntie and I need to speak to you," Vernon Dursely was screaming at the top of his voice.

Harry simply sighed. Screams were common in the Dursely household and most of the time it was directed at him. Besides, who would dare scream at the pig in a wig, his cousin Dudley. Ever since young, his cousin was treated like royalty. His parents were practically worshipping the very ground he walked or stomped on. Most of the time he was simply demanding the new PS game or another toy. Harry could almost swear that the house were full of indents which was quite noticeable. They were probably Dudley's footmarks caused by his stomping.

Harry walked down the stairs slowly and cautiously. Dudley was as usual sitting at the table gobbling as much as he could. Harry was surprised that Dudley had not burst out of his clothing. The amount of food was staggering. Harry looked at the piles of plates at the sink ready for his cleaning and he could not resist a sigh as he looked at his miserable proportion. A slice of tomato and a slice of stale wheat bread. Harry could see mould forming already. Knowing that if he was choosy, he would be deprived of food for the remaining day. Harry reluctantly starved the disgusting bread in his mouth and started chewing. All those years of eating sub standard food had already taken its toil on Harry. Unlike other classmates of his and his best friends, Ron and Hermione, he was considered very short in his fifth year, merely 5"2. Dudley had often taken advantaged of Harry; insulting him whenever he could. However, this would all change, he hoped.

During the summer break; Dudley had gained another hobby and that was boxing. Harry the ever unfortunate guy was taken as a punching bag often. His skinny frame was full of bruises some yellowing. However, somehow they managed to disappear whenever Harry went to sleep. Perhaps it was another ability of his. Never would he have thought, that 2 years later, he would be feared by all...

Harry entered his room after doing his chores; he was rubbing a sore spot at his rib cage. Dudley had punched him rather hard and a bruise had already formed. Harry knew it was alright as it would disappear after he slept. However, getting punched every day was torturous. How he wished to take revenge. Before he had reached home, some people such as Professor Lupin, Mr Weasley and Professor Moody had warned the Durselys. However, it was ineffective. The Durselys would inspect Harry's letter before he was allowed to send them. If he sent without their permission, he would have been punished horribly. He shuddered, recalling one of the punishments his relatives had administered to him. Whips of his uncle's belt had left welts on his back.

He discovered an owl waiting for him at his table and recognized it as Pig, Ron's energetic little owl. It seemed to be struggling with a heavy pack and looked as if it was about to faint. Harry decided to end it's suffering and hurriedly untied the pack and gave Pig some owl treats and water before letting it fly back.

Harry opened the pack and discovered that the Weasley twins sent it. In his fourth year, Harry had entered a wizard competition and he had won some galleons. Not wanting to waste it he had passed the galleons to the Weasley twins. He was surprised to find a few new inventions and a letter from them.

Dear Harry,

This is George writing, Harry. Our parents have warned us to make it short as this letter could be intercepted. Anyway, enclosed in this pack are a few new inventions we have recently come up with. WE seriously hope that you will put those items up to good use, hopefully on your relatives. Oh yeah, by the way, Dumbledore has given his permission; three days later we will be coming to pick you up to go you-know-where. So don't get your knickers in a twist, young Harry. Rescue is on the way.

George and Fred Weasley

Yours truly

Harry was overjoyed, very soon he would leave this miserable place. He quickly opened his pack and inspected items. Of all the items he found only one that caught his attention. It was called the 'Nightmare powder'. It was meant to be sprinkled on food or liquid for the victim. The powder would cause the victim to have illusions making them feel that they were experiencing their worst nightmare. Harry chuckled as he thought of a good plan. The Durselys would have a good breakfast in three days time...

Three days passed, Harry had packed a long time ago and was anxiously waiting for the Weasleys to come pick him up. He walked down and began preparing the usual breakfast for the Durselys except that an extra ingredient would be added to their coffee, a special powder...The Durselys would soon drink sweet coffee as the powder was sweet in nature. Talk about irony, sweet dreams indeed...

When the Durselys entered the room, they began to have their breakfast ignoring Harry. They drank the sweetened coffee oblivious to the extra ingredient. It was only when there was a doorbell ringing when Vernon Dursely looked up from his newspaper.

"Open the door boy," he growled, annoyed at being disturbed. When he saw who the visitors were, he started to panic, "What are you freaks doing here? Get out of my house now!"

Petunia hearing her husband screaming looked up and she immediately paled. She gathered her shivering son who was grabbing his fat bottoms. They both hid behind Vernon Dursely apparently nervous. Harry stifled a laughter as he saw the sight. The Weasleys were apparently doing the same thing too, not wanting to make any more trouble, they quickly told Harry to get his case, as they had to get going soon. They would wait in the car for him. (The ministry has finally taken note of Voldemort's return and Arthur Weasley has been giving certain privileges).

Harry hurried up into his room and got his case and he began walking down wondering when the powder would work. His question was answered as he walked down and met a hilarious sight. Dudley was clutching his bottoms tightly as he tried to pull out an imaginary tail. He was screaming for his parent's help however, they seemed to be having their own troubles. Vernon Dursely was screaming out loud as he covered his ears pleading to a non- existent person to stop saying the word 'magic' in front of him. It turned out that Vernon's nightmare was hearing the word magic in his house and he was imagining that a loud speaker was right in front of him screaming out the word 'magic'. His neighbours were looking at him as if he was a freak. Petunia wasn't in a good state too. She was imagining her precious Dudley turning into a pig repeatedly. She was constantly screaming out at a non- existent Hagrid to turn her precious dudders back into a normal boy.

Harry ignored them as he tried to stifle a laughter. He approached the Ministry car and with the assistance of Fred, his case was unceremoniously placed in the back. Harry finally let out a laughter in the car. Huge bursts of laughter. The Weasleys were curious, however, they were baffled by his answer ' Revenge is sweet indeed..."

Only the Weasley twins understood his meaning as they smirked and soon began laughing along with Harry.

Harry did not know why, however, he felt that this summer would be uneventful perhaps disastrous as he stuffed that thought back into his mind...

Author's note : So how do you like it?
Sign up to rate and review this story