Categories > Celebrities > Aerosmith > not so perfect marriage of Joe and Billie

realizations

by demonascreamin 0 reviews

Joe's thoughts on his marriage set to the three day grace song i hate everything about you. heads up i decided to turn this into a songfic saga. lotta drama coming up.

Category: Aerosmith - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-07-08 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 929 words

0Unrated
The 'perfect marriage', they'd been deemed. How far away from that were they. They fought constantly. They could never agree, even if their lives depended on it. And now she was made because of his priorities. When they had first gotten involved, Joe had made sure to stress the fact that the band came first. Now however, she felt the need to complain about never getting any time devoted to her. How he was putting more time into working on the next album instead of spending time as a family. He was sick and tired of her. All she did was whine, "me, me, me, you need to make time for me, me, me." Well here he was in the recording studio she despised. At least it was in his own house, it wasn't like he was traveling to some studio miles away. He was always home, just busy at the moment. He lay down on the couch as he tried to think things out.

Every time we lie awake
After every hit we take
Every feeling that I get
But I haven't missed you yet

Billie wanted everything, but in order for him to give it to her he had to work. When ever he worked though he always got the third degree about why he was out so late. It got to the point where in this month alone he'd crashed in the boneyard 10 times, over on Steven's couch 3 times, once at Brad and Joey's apiece, and twice at Tom's house. She just needed to trust him. Of course she never would, he'd been given the name toxic twin along with Steven. That wasn't a name you easily got rid of. She made a point of getting that out in the open at everyone of his or her fights. Their fights, they were definitely getting worse. If the neighbors weren't so polite, they'd have sent S.W.A.T. to see what was causing all the yelling.

Every roommate kept awake
By every sigh and scream we make
All the feelings that I get
But I still don't miss you yet

He was tired, there was no way Billie was going to make him stop what he loved, just for her. She had to respect his lifestyle otherwise where did that leave them?

Only when I stop to think about it

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you

It left them nowhere he realized. Nowhere, no love, no chance of making it, and no chance the 'perfect marriage' getup. Maybe they weren't meant for each other. I mean real couples get over differences right? If she couldn't get over his past or how he chose to lead his life now how could they ever hope to continue on? They couldn't, there was no way or point in continuing if they had no connection.

Every time we lie awake
After every hit we take
Every feeling that I get
But I haven't missed you yet

Laying there he realized, the attraction he thought he had with Billie was fake. They'd never truly loved each other. They'd just been lonely beating around the bush for someone to hold. But after they'd married, they came to realize they had nothing in common. No bond to keep them together. They were two completely different people brought together and probably meant for just a one-night stand. But they had pursued it, and tried to make something out of nothing.

Only when I stop to think about it

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
I hate everything about you
Why do I love you

Why was he stuck in something he didn't want to commit to? It wasn't fair to either of them to stay in something that wasn't going to grow past what it already had. They were stuck in relationship that wasn't going anywhere. He had come to realize this and was accepting it for what it was. The truth. The only question was would Billie come to the same realization and would she accept it?

Only when I stop to think
About you, I know
Only when you stop to think
About me, do you know

Who was he kidding? Knowing Billie, she had probably thought of this long before he had, and was probably trying to drown it out. She had to be in for the hype of being a rock star wife, nothing more. There was no love it was all forced. But she was smart, even without his love she would get the fame she wanted from their publicized relationship. Joe didn't want to continue this though, he wasn't happy, and he wasn't going to live some lie so she could get her 15 minutes of shame.

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
You hate everything about me
Why do you love me

He was breaking things off, before they got out of hand. He couldn't force himself to live this lie.

I hate
You hate
I hate
You love me

As he left to go up the stairs he meet the one he needed to talk to.
"Billie, I..."
"Joe, I have great news! We're going to have a child!"
Joe was stunned. This wasn't supposed to happen. He was coming to end this, not start a family. Now he was stuck, because no matter how much he hated her he wouldn't leave his unborn child.

I hate everything about you
Why do I love you
Sign up to rate and review this story