Categories > Original > Drama > Pocket Change

baby's day out

by noisee 0 reviews

Chale has never really enjoyed shopping.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 657 words

0Unrated
-------

Pocket Change

-------

[07: /baby's day out/]

Fiorel swirls out of the dressing room in a low-cut, backless white gown. Her tied-up curls lightly dust her bare, creamy shoulders, vivid against her skin. A flirty smile plays on her lips.

"What do you think?"

Chale fights to keep his jaw closed, to keep his face impassive. He thinks she looks spectacular. He says, "why am I here again?"

She laughs- he never knew an innocent giggle could sound so /sensual/- and brushes a lock of hair from her cheek. "Because, Chale, the groom can't see the bride in her dress before the wedding!"

And two plus two is four. "Why didn't you ask Ely to come? Or one of the Pavelle sisters?"

"Well..." She looks away and tilts her head; he doesn't like how her lips curl up, despite how his body might. "I need a male point of view."

Chale tries not to gulp- audibly, at least. "And... why would that be?"

She gives him a sly smirk and turns to survey herself in the three-way mirror, exposing to him an expanse of flawless, milky skin. "I want a dress that makes a man think about how much he wants me out of it." Through the mirror, she locks sparkling, half-lidded eyes with his. "How much do you want me out of this... Chay?"

Chale wants a cigarette. He needs a cigarette. He would bomb an orphanage and kill a pregnant woman for a cigarette.


"He's such a dick."

Her fork clatters.

"Takeo!"

He cocks a brow at her over a plate of pasta.

"What? It can't be denied."

Joss frowns at him, picking her fork up from amongst her fries, and impales a piece of a chicken finger. "He can be one /sometimes/, but he's really sweet and he's fun and-"

"And he's a dick."

Joss fumes as her companion swallows lasagna Alfredo. "Take/oh/!" She whines. "Really! He can be insensitive, but that's just /barely/, and...!" She looks to the side, chin up, biting her lip in a vain attempt to keep from blushing. "Ikindareallylikehim."

Takeo makes an amused noise, sips from his water. "Yea? He's eighteen, Jay. He kindareallylikes anything in a skirt." When he sees her furrowed brow and downcast eyes, he sighs. "Okay, okay, that's not fair- but you can't let him treat you like he does! You deserve better, Joss."

She avoids looking at him. He reminds her of Fiorel and of Chale and of some ethereal being all at once.

"I just don't want to see you hurt."

"Then- Then don't look or something!" She snaps, blushing.

He smirks.


Chale finger-combs his hair back, avoiding the eyes of the salesladies. He knows they heard, knows they saw his white knuckles over the dressing room door. Fiorel is smiling as she pays for the dress; she looks more like her father now than ever.

They leave the store.

"C'mon," she says, tugging his arm, "now I need something for the honeymoon!"

"Fio-"

"What?" The halting tone of his voice brings suspicion in hers, but she giggles. "Oh, Chale- I'm not going to say anything to Ed. You won't either, right?"

He looks away. She yanks on his arm to get him to look back.

"Oh, come /on/, Chay! I'm getting /married/! I deserve a little fun before hand. Nobody's getting hurt!"

"Eddie will!" He snaps.

"And just how will he find out?" Smiling angel turns into the devil's spawn, eyes narrowed and expression challenging. "Are you going to tell him? Huh? Tell your best friend that you fucked his fiancée? You're the only one who'll lose, Chale- daddy will not take kindly to the person who breaks Eddie's heart."

He wants to make some comment about her suddenly calling Takeo /daddy/, but she turns on her heel and heads to their next stop without waiting for his response. Chale watches on with disbelief. Belatedly, he wonders just what he's gotten himself into.
Sign up to rate and review this story