Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge!

[6] (Gerards POV) I'm not okay (I promise)

by XkissmeXkillmeX 1 review

Benji is a chic who decided that her boyfriend of four days was moving too fast with the talk of kids and running away togeather. She was 18 and she had a life to live! So instead of being smart an...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 784 words - Complete

1Moving
I already feel sick for leaving her place so early. I didn't really have time to say good bye, or to hold her as long as I wanted to. She hadn't picked up when I called, I knew she was mad. I hoped I could fix it. It was almost one in the morning when I got a call. It was Billy cell phone number. "Hello?"
"Hey...I-It's Cade." She sounded really upset. I felt sick to my stomach, there was only reason she would call me. "My sister...was in an accident...Benji Madden..they were in a car, he was driving to fast...the car flipped...she's not....It's really bad and.." She stopped, that was all I really needed to know.
"Which hospital?" I Mumbled. She gave me a name, directions, and room number and I was there as fast as I could manage.
I stood in the doorway almost afraid to go in. She look so fragile, barely alive, hooked up to so many machines. I moved closer to her bed but didn't touch her, she looked as if she could break in my hands. They had told me when I first got here that she was still out, they hadn't gotten any response from her. She could stay out for the rest of her life. So I pulled up a chair, and I waited. I could wait for the rest of my life for this girl I had pretty much just met. I didn't understand it, and I wasn't sure that I really wanted to, what fun would that be?
I waited for days, willing her awake, holding her hand, kissing her cheek. I missed something I had only been graced with for a few short days, and I cursed myself for leaving her place so early. This was my fault and I would never forgive myself for it.
I got most of the story out of Tony Lovato. He showed up a little after I did, and was still sitting with me. He told me that Sam (at least I knew her real name now) and Benji had been together for a few years and Benji asked her to marry him and she refused. Benji wouldn't leave her alone about it, got too controlling and she left. That's when he followed Tony one night to her house, Tony ended up having to beat the shit out of Madden in order to protect his other best friend. That was all the detail he really gave me, I got the feeling that there was much more to it but it wasn't really my place to ask.
Then about two weeks later....she woke up.....finally.
"What the fuck happened?" She mumbled, trying to sit up and failing. "Where is that fucking asshole!" She fumed weakly from her bed.
"He's dead..." Tony said from the doorway. "Died on impact." He whispered weakly. I hadn't heard about that. I didn't know how to feel about it. Benji seemed to relax at that, turning from Tony to look out the window.
Tony seemed to read her mind. "Don't do that 'it's all my fault' shit either... he could have killed either one of you if not both. So just fucking stop it." Benji seemed to listen and turned back to us, silent. I think it was then that she actually registered who I was and that I was there.
"Gerard... you came?" She didn't seem to know what to say.
"Obviously...I'm here aren't I?" I laughed.
"Smartass." She smirked. "That's why I love you." I don't know if she realized what she had said exactly but I decided it best not to mention it.

~Two Months Later~
I let myself into my best friends apartment. Yeah that's all we were, and I was happy with that...because that was all she was happy with, or at least that's what she told me. I came to check up on Benj, she was still trying to walk without the crutches which was probably making her condition worse but I don't think she really cared. I had gotten her a few jobs for when she got better, taking pictures of several bands including my own. However, at this rate she was going to be limping awkwardly for the rest of her life. I saw her sleeping on the sofa, so I sat in a chair watching her sleep, she was so beautiful. After a few minutes I decided to leave, I left her a note letting her know I had let myself in and stolen some food from her fridge.
"I love you." I whispered, kissing her on the cheek, and she continued to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story