Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Changing Hearts, And Eyes

Chapter One: Questions Of Concern

by glo316 0 reviews

Wow! Who's that girl?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Draco, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-12-01 - Updated: 2005-12-01 - 1214 words

-1MarySue
Chapter One: Questions Of Concern

The Great Hall was filled with students crowded around their four house tables. Hermione had her nose submerged into the Daily Prophet, while Harry and Ron discussed possible quidditch strategies. Ron spoke in a mumble with his breakfast showing as he moved his lips.
'Ron, would you please close your mouth while you eat. It's nauseating.' Hermione said, her head still behind the newspaper.
'Hokay.' Ron responded. Stopping to talk to chew the contents of his mouth.
Hermione lowered the paper to glance at Ron, rolled her eyes and then continued to read.
'Anything good in there?' Harry asked.
'No. I'm just keeping up to date with current affairs.'
Ron sat there finishing his breakfast quietly as Hermione had asked him to. Staring into thin air, thinking about nothing until he saw her again. He perked up and saw the familiar emblem on her robes,
'Gryffindor?' he said aloud without thinking.
'Yes Ron, we are in Gryffindor.' Harry said sarcastically.
Hermione took a break and looked in the direction of Ron's gaze, 'she's taken.' She stated simply.
Ron immediately snapped out of his trance, 'what do you mean, 'she's taken'?'
'I heard she's dating someone.' Hermione answered.
'Who are you talking about?' Harry interrupted.
Ron pointed in the direction of a silver haired girl sitting at the Slytherin table. Her eyes were black, yet shined purple and covered in make-up. She was short with a true tan, and her hair floated above her shoulders, flicked inwards and out with a streak of black. She was giggling at a joke that was told.
'Isn't she cute?'
'I've seen her before.' Harry said.
'I love it when she smiles.' Ron began, not listening to Harry's last remark.
Harry gave Ron a worried look, 'have you ever spoken to her?'
'No.' Ron said in a sigh, 'but that doesn't matter. I will, as soon as -'
'-She walks into your dreams.' Harry said, finishing Ron's sentence with a smile.
'Now I remember. She's going out with Malfoy.' Hermione added.
'What?' Ron said louder than he expected, causing a few people close by to turn and look in his direction.
'I said she's going out with Malfoy, look.' Hermione had now folded up her newspaper, put it into her bag and was pointing over at the Slytherin table.
'He is sitting right next to her, Ron.'
'Maybe they're friends.'
'No Ron, I don't think so. I saw Pansy Parkinson crying in the girl's bathroom the other week, cursing Latasha Gorodin.'
'Who's that?' Ron asked stupidly.
'The girl you're infatuated with.' Hermione said rolling her eyes.
'Hermione, how come you know so much about her?' Harry asked.
'She's in a few of my classes.' Hermione said, getting to her feet, 'Speaking of classes, I should run along to class. See you two later.'

For the rest of the day, Ron's mind kept drifting off to Latasha Gorodin. He liked dreaming about bumping into her in a quiet corridor, hearing her shout out his name and announcing her undying love for him. Harry would nudge him in the arm because a teacher would head in their direction, always knocking him out of this unfinished dream.

Late in the afternoon, Harry, Ron and Hermione decided to visit Hagrid in his cabin. Walking out of the castle, into the fresh air of a blue but clouded sky, Ron was again plagued by Latasha's image. She was sitting on the grass with Malfoy, with Crabbe and Goyle leaning against a nearby wall. Ron watched as he passed by. He now noticed that Latasha's eyes were now a dark shade of green. At that moment Malfoy leaned into her, looking like he was attempting to kiss her, but she pulled away. At this, Ron's heart skipped a beat.
Maybe she doesn't like Malfoy as much as he thinks. Maybe she'll dump him right here and now - I wanna stay and watch it. I want to see Malfoy's ugly face when he finds out he's being dumped. Ron thought to himself, not realising how slow his pace had become.
'Ron, hurry up. We haven't got long and I have homework.' Hermione said in a bossy tone.
'Hermione, we all have homework.' Ron replied.
'Yes, but I actually want to do mine.' She threw back.
They both sighed with annoyance before catching up with Harry who was ahead of them.

After dinner, Malfoy and Latasha were sat inside the Slytherin common room. No Crabbe or Goyle in sight. The fireplace was alight and most people were still at dinner or were ordered to get out or go to their dormitories by Malfoy.
'We're finally alone.' He said leaning towards Latasha, placing his lips upon hers. Their kiss seemed to last for many minutes. It started with their lips as the only things locked, but soon enough their arms were wrapped around each other and Latasha was sitting across Malfoy's lap. When they parted lips, Latasha looked into Malfoy's grey eyes and wondered about what he was thinking. Malfoy sat there comfortably, checking the room to see if anyone was watching them.
'Tasha, why did you pull away from me earlier?' Malfoy said, searching the room for nothing.
'Outside? On the grass?' she asked softly.
'Yeah. Are you embarrassed to kiss me?'
'No. It's just that there's this boy who keeps staring at me. It makes me feel uncomfortable.'
'He's probably jealous at the fact that you're with me.'
Latasha giggled.
'Do you know who it is?'
'I don't know he's name, but he's got red hair. And hangs with Hermione and that boy with the scar.'
'Weasley? Weasley has been checking you out?' he said, raising his voice and scowling.
'How should I know?'
'He'll pay.' Malfoy said to himself, planning.
'Your not going to do anything to him are you?' she asked, searching Malfoy's screwed up face for an answer. She could tell he hated this boy who she had barely mentioned for such a small reason. 'Please Draco. Please, for me. Don't do anything to him. And I mean anything. Okay?'
'But he deserves it.'
Latasha stroked his cheek and brushed her lips against the side of his neck. She heard a whisper of a groan in response and paused to look at him, 'Draco, do you promise me?'
'I promise.' He said quickly, wanting her to carry on.
'Well, It's getting late and I should get back to Gryffindor tower.'
'Can't you stay just a bit longer?'
Latasha shook her head with a sorry smile,
'And I think I'm going to have to sit at my own table at breakfast tomorrow too. Professor McGonagall's not very happy about me sitting at the Slytherin table.' She said getting up off of Malfoy's lap.
'You don't have to take orders from that miserable old bat.'
'She's my head of house, Draco.'
'I bet my dad could sort that out. Maybe I could get him to talk to some people and get you to -'
'Draco, everything doesn't have to be sorted out. It'll be fine. I was obviously put in Gryffindor because I belong there. Anyway, I should go now.' She said with a quick kiss during which she grabbed his hand. 'Walk me out.'

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading...Interested? More coming soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story