Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: Demon Possessed

The Flower

by Pillsy

News spreads, stories revealed, dangerous seeds of dissention. NOW REVISED!!!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-11-05 - 1870 words

?Blocked
Harry Potter: Demon Possessed

Chapter Fourteen: The Flower

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The students that didn’t know about Umbridge returning (all four of them) learned almost as soon as dinner was over. Su Li was one of them. She, as usual, ate early in the evening before everyone else and spent her remaining time in the library, learning everything she could about anything she could.

Harry watched her from behind a bookshelf. He’d needed to get a book on advanced charms for an essay, and saw her sitting at a table alone with a mountain of books hiding most of her from view. Harry’s eyes wandered to the shelf where he was when an old, worn leather cover caught his attention: /My Master’s Desires/. He took it off the shelf and skimmed the first few pages.

“My name is Lily Evans.”

His mother. His mother wrote it. Harry took a quick look around and saw no one that would see him before grabbing the book with his tail and hiding it under his robes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, he opened the diary in his quarters, reading in the firelight.

“My name is Lily Evans. This is the story of my ownership by my Master.

“We met at school, during my second year. He seemed like a real loner at the time, but he had a nice and fun side that not a lot of people saw. During fourth year, we started seeing each other. His friends didn’t find out until later. I didn’t like them too much, especially that Potter—”


Potter. His father. His mother had hated him, but was dating one of his friends.

“Master wasn’t my Master then, but he almost was. He found the spell that made me his slave in a book his family had. He used it on me, then I was his slave forever.”

This guy who wasn’t his father owned Harry’s mother. It was either Lupin or Sirius—Pettigrew was too much of a follower to ever take possession of anyone. It also said they used a spell on her. Harry knew, after re-reading the book that Nina gave him, that there were several slave-binding spells. It could have been any one of them. Determined to find out more, Harry continued reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Slytherin common room, a pug-nosed girl smirked to herself. An old book was in her hands, written in a flowing script charmed so that only her blood family could read it. Her eyes darted to the slick-haired ferret at a table on the other end of the room. That girl Greengrass was near him, giggling daintily at one of his crude jokes.

“Don’t worry, Malfoy,” she said to herself. “You’ll have your mistress soon.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry spent the weekend catching up on the homework he couldn’t do during the weekdays. Hermione was there to help, as usual, and Ron was mooching off her brain.

Again, as usual.

They sat around a beech tree near the lake. Nina was out on the beach, joining several others who were either sunning themselves or cooling off in the dark waters. Hannah was curled up beside Harry, dozing lightly. It was getting close to time for dinner, but McGonagall’s Transfiguration essay was much more demanding than food.

Harry put the finishing touches on his essay and set it aside to dry. He flopped back onto the grass, closing his eyes and enjoying the sun-born warmth. It would have been far more pleasant if he could take his mind off that diary. He wanted to read more, but decided that it wasn’t for the others. She was his mother, so it was his business what she wrote. However, the discovery he made that morning shocked him almost as much as being told he was a wizard five years prior.

Lily Evans, his mother, was owned by none other than Remus J. Lupin.

Harry had to reread it several times before he could believe what was written in cherry red ink. His mother had joyously talked about how she was happy to help him with his homework and serve him in any way possible; how she was able to keep him company after he changed back to his human form. She also scathingly reported that James Potter, Remus’ close friend, had apparently fallen for her after she started began spending more time with her Master. That lasted for a few months before James eventually found out about them.

“Master?” Hannah whined, lifting her head. Harry woke from his daze, looking around him. The sun had fallen in the sky, and most of the students had left. The only ones that were still there were most of his small but growing harem.

“Master, you fell asleep,” Nina said, holding his shoulder gently. She helped him sit up, and suggested that they return to their rooms in the castle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next Monday, the students of Okami Kokennin’s Defense class were surprised to find High Inquisitor Umbridge lurking nearby. Mana was also there, but her infant was unexpectedly absent.

“Alright, runts!” Kokennin shouted. “Ten laps around the pitch! Start running!”

While they ran, Harry heard Umbridge questioning Kokennin, much in the same manner as she had Hagrid the year before.

“If I may ask,” she said in a tone that clearly said she didn’t need permission, “where are you from?”

“The Capitol,” the scarred man answered roughly. “Westtrum Empire.”

“So you’re not a native?”

“No.”

“I took the liberty of doing some research into your background, Mr. Okami,” her voice had adopted a sweetly accusatory tone. “It showed no prior training in any form of Defense. What, in your opinion, makes you qualified?” Instead of giving a traditional verbal answer, the man threw a knife at the toad-woman. A loose hair split.

“The best training is experience,” he said tersely. The Inquisitor and the Teacher glared at each other for several minutes before the latter spoke again. “Do you have anything important to say, or will useless questions make up your inspection?” The toad’s mouth opened and closed, a semblance to an asphyxiating fish. Finally, she regained her wits and retorted accordingly.

“/Mister/ Okami,” she spat, emphasizing the title to show how much she thought he deserved it, “I see that you are not teaching them how to use magic to defend themselves. That is what this class is about, is it not?”

“Tell me, /Inquisitor/: what good is being able to perform a spell if you can’t dodge one flying at you?”

“That is what Shield Charms are for.”

“You humans can’t walk and talk at the same time without tripping over yourselves. How do you expect to attack while doing a Shield Charm?”

“Us humans? Are you implying that you are not?” Umbridge’s voice had taken a barely-hidden triumphant air. Kokennin scoffed, subconsciously resting his hand on a knife handle.

“I imply nothing.” After a minute’s hostile silence, several of the students finished their final lap and fell to the ground, gasping for breath. Mana looked over them, but found that none required much attention—just some time to recover.

“You are denying that you are non-human?” Umbridge persisted after a time. Kokennin instructed his students in several more exercises, during which the toad hounded after Mana.

“We deny nothing!” Mana finally shouted. Her warm, inviting gaze was gone, replaced by an icy glare. “We deny nothing, but we will tell you nothing. Your inspection is finished. Leave now, or I will not be able to promise your health.”

Umbridge visibly blanched. Her eyes narrowed and her voice took an accusatory tone. “Are you threatening me?”

“I am warning you. Oniichan does not discriminate who he attacks when angered.” A wicked smile creeped across Umbridge’s pallid face.

“Reported…lack…of…control,” she muttered loudly, writing on her clipboard. Turning to Mana, she continued, “That will be all, I think. Tell your brother he will receive the results of my inspection in one week.” With that, she turned and left, but Kokennin’s keen ears caught her breathing “Filthy half-breeds.”

In the blink of an eye, he had thrown her to the ground, unsheathed both of his knives, and sunk them into the ground a millimeter away from the sides of her head.

“I heard that,” he growled furiously. “Don’t mistake us for a coupla disgusting humans.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word spread quickly that High Inquisitor Umbridge was in the infirmary after inspecting the new Defense teacher. Madam Pomfrey, who had recently taken an interest in muggle medicine, had put a plaster cast over Umbridge’s broken arm and bandages over the cuts on her face. It was actually her assistant’s idea—Mana’s retaliation against the toad. She estimated it would be six weeks before the cast could be removed.

Harry, however, had other things on his mind. During breakfast the next morning, someone had sent him a letter by owl. This in itself was an irregular occurrence: the only people who sent him mail were Lupin (whom Harry was quite incensed with) and Hagrid (who was gone on a mission for Dumbledore). He opened it, puzzled by the unusually crisp parchment. The message was written in blood-red ink:

Harry Potter,

I hereby challenge you to a Master’s Duel. I know of your harem, and I have been building one of my own. We shall meet at 7:45 by the lake on November 1st. Do not be late.


The letter was befuddling, and quite the nuisance while he was trying to study. Finally giving up on his potions essay, he pulled his mother’s diary out of his robe’s inside pocket and continued reading.

“Why? Why did Potter have to love me? Master’s too nice to him. It used to be just Master and me, together for life, but not now. Potter found out about us, and then he threatened Master—he said he would tell the entire school that Master was a werewolf if he didn’t give me to him. I trusted Master, but he still agreed.

Potter. That lying, manipulating spoiled brat! He saw me, thought he wanted me, and decided he deserved to own me. He even threatened his friend to get what he wanted. It’s disgusting!”


Harry closed the book. His teeth clenched with a grinding noise, his toes curled into fists. His whole body was shaking with rage.

“Lupin,” he hissed venomously, eyes narrowed into slits.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To matthiasblack: Don't worry, more will come.

To Dragen: Her design is actually my girlfriend's. I'm just borrowing it. A lot. And don't worry, the citrus content shall become more than it is now.

To banner: Sorry, but you'll have to wait. I honestly haven't hammered out the details of what happens to her yet, but rest assured that she will get what's coming to her.

To SpikeofDoom: Don't worry, Daph/Harry(/Nina (maybe)) will be coming up. And we shall have fun with Umbitch.


Ok, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what to do to Umbridge, feel free to leave them for consideration. Thank you.
Sign up to rate and review this story