Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When Every Star Falls

25: If you look in the mirror...

by horuskitty 1 review

...And don't like what you see...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-20 - Updated: 2007-07-21 - 2451 words

0Unrated
Gerard sat in silence at what he just laid eyes on. He saw five wolves drag in the bodies of Raven, Mikey, Ray, Bob, and Leslie. He didn't know what to think, it was all too quick.

"They were caught trespassing. My wolves got them by accident." Christine said.

"ACCIDENT?!?!" Gerard snapped, jumping up. "No, this is a trick..." Gerard murmured.

"Does that look like a trick to you? The only trick I see is how the wolves managed to not rip their limbs off." Kaylyyn said.

Gerard shook his head. "No...no, no, no, no..." He said, dropping to his knees and crawling over to Mikey.

Mikey's face was hardly identifiable. His eyes were open, mouth barely open, blood trailing all over his face with two large gashes on his right cheek. Gerard lightly pressed his fingertips on Mikey's cheek, staring at his shocked eyes. Gerard leaned in, sobbing, raising his shoulders as he began to feel his rage coming in through a wave of tears. He slightly moved his tongue and felt something cut it. He yelped, opening his mouth as a tiny blood drop fell from his lips. He felt along his upper jaw with his fingertips, and finally felt what he'd always dreaded to feel...his fangs.

"Oh...I see that triggered your fangs to come in. That can only mean one thing--"

Before Kaylyyn could finish, Gerard lunged at her and took her to the ground before slamming her against the wall. She looked at him and gasped, his eyes were sharp, bearing his teeth, and with a growling face that looked like it belonged to a werewolf.

"You..." Gerard was lost for words. "...You fucking killed him!! AND my friends!!" He shouted.

"Well I certainly didn't serve them tea--AAAH!" Kaylyyn screamed as Gerard drove his forearm through her left shoulder. He did this same thing to one of the wolves, and he felt himself do it again.

"You took them from me..." He growled. "...Now I'm gonna fucking kill you!!" He shouted, twisting his forearm as Kaylyyn screamed in agony. All he enjoyed right now was that very thing...he wanted her to suffer, he wanted revenge on her, he wanted her to die! And he was going to do so, one way or another!

"Alright. I think that's enough for tonight." Christine said, snapping her fingers.

Gerard turned his head around and saw the bodies of his friends turn into small white rag dolls. He calmed down only a slight bit, as he saw them spit the dolls out. His grip loosened on Kaylyyn's shoulder, as she lifted a fist and drove it into the side of Gerard's head. He crashed to the floor, holding his jaw as blood dripped from it. Kaylyyn shook her head and adjusted her neck. Gerard slowly turned his head and watched the wound on her left shoulder heal up. She just looked at him.

"You get an F on that one..." Kaylyyn said, lacing her hands behind her back and walking towards the corridor. "Remember what I said. Watch your anger level." She said, before walking out the door.

"Watch him." Christine said, as her wolves' attention instantly turned onto Gerard. He leapt onto the stone table like lightning, as the wolves settled into their group.

"Holy shit..." Gerard said, amazed at how he'd jumped from one place to the other in such speed. He opened his mouth again and felt along his upper teeth, and he felt his newly grown (and razor-blade sharp) fangs, and he wondered now how long it would be before he would begin to feel hungry.

~~~~~

Leslie had led the group to the Dark City police station and had told them the entire story. She said that it would help the group if they had the entire police system in Dark City on their side looking for Gerard. Shockingly, they agreed to help them. They didn't think it would be a good idea to split up after what happened last time. Eileen had begun to feel weak again, so she went off with Leslie to find something to eat while the rest searched the city. Leslie took her to a small coffee shop that somewhat resembled Starbucks in the human world. Except this was a coffee shop for vampires instead of humans...Eileen didn't know what to expect from this place, /maybe they served hot blood like tea/, she thought.

"Everyone will be fine, I'm sure. As long as they don't get lost or split up everything's okay." Leslie said, sitting down.

Eileen nodded, looking down into her cup of warmed blood. She didn't quite like the idea of drinking blood straight from a cup...it made her stomach turn into a knot.

"Try it." Leslie said. "You might like it. It's not like drinking straight up stale blood in a cup." She smiled, taking a sip of hers. "I know you're not a vampire anymore but you still have the genes in you." She said, pointing at her own mouth. "And your fangs might grow back. It's only a temporary effect on your fangs, blood won't affect anymore, meaning that you won't ever have to feed on humans again unless you're in absolute danger. You can't heal back though, if you get injured you'll have scars. You're half human now, but also half vampire. You're a half-breed now." She said. Eileen nodded in response.

Eileen glanced back down at her cup and shrugged thoughtfully, as she lifted her cup and took a sip, even though she was afraid that it'd taste just like she was drinking it from a human's neck. But surprisingly...it was really rather good.

"Hey...this is pretty good." Eileen said.

Leslie nodded in approval. "Told you! It's not like drinking regular blood. They add certain spices and sugars in it." She said.

Eileen nodded again, glancing out the window. She turned back to take a sip of her drink until something caught her eye. Something bright, shiny, almost metallic like. She glanced back out and saw a woman with long, bright, shiny red hair, walking past the window. Eileen nearly dropped her cup.

"Red head..." Eileen murmured.

"Eh?" Leslie said, looking at her then looking out the window.

"Red head...Kaylyyn...Kaylyyn!!" Eileen yelped, jumping up and running out of the shop.

"What?! Where?!" Leslie exclaimed, running after her.

Eileen burst out of the shop and spotted the red headed woman walking across the street. "GRAB HER!!" She shouted.

"Oh, it's her!" Leslie said, darting straight past Eileen and onto the street, having multiple vehicles slam on their breaks, their horns wailing one by one. Leslie saw her turn and jump as she took her to the ground. "GOTCHA!" Leslie shouted, binding her hands behind her back.

The woman slightly turned her head and glared at Leslie. She could see her sharp golden eyes and she knew this was definitely Kaylyyn. "What are you doing!?" She shouted.

"Leslie!" Eileen shouted, running up to them.

"Call the others! Tell them we caught Kaylyyn!" Leslie shouted, holding down Kaylyyn as hard as she could.

"Damn it...you know I have a little boy at home to feed." Kaylyyn spat.

"Yeah...and if the time is right.../you're/ gonna be the one we feed to him." Leslie growled.

"They're on their way." Eileen said, hanging up her phone.

"Good. 'Cause I'm dying to see you in handcuffs and chains, I think they'd suit you." Leslie said, shoving her elbow in front of Kaylyyn's face and pressing her forearm down on her head.

~~~~~

Gerard really did start to feel hungry now. He sat on the table, listening to his stomach growl. He knew it wouldn't be too long before he would get so hungry, he'd take a bite out of one of the wolves.

"I don't think so...with all this stupid horror stuff going on I don't want to get werewolf genes in me..." He thought, shaking his head. "Fuck, I'm starving...I need to figure out a way to get out of here..." He thought, turning around.

He stopped though, when he was facing a shattered mirror on the wall. He slightly tilted his head, trying to get a look at his own reflection. He leapt off the table and heard one of the wolves growl at him. He looked down and saw one of them bearing their teeth at him, he scoffed and kicked it in the face as it yelped and ran to the other end of the room. Gerard got closer to the mirror until he finally saw his reflection...or so he thought. His hair was black again, his eyes were a tad bit brighter and his mouth was gaping, so he could now see his new shiny fangs.

Needless to say, he wasn't quite happy at this image.

"AAAH!!" He screamed, stumbling backwards. "My hair...what the /fuck/?!" He jumped back up and looked at himself again.

He shook his head, shocked at what he was seeing. He stood up and looked closer, soon liking what he was seeing. This was a very unusual feeling for him...he looked /sharper/. His eyelids were somewhat dark, and careless looking. His eyes were brighter, a lighter brown than from his dark ones. He grinned a bit, and seeing his fangs again. He didn't know what to think at this point.

"/Damn/..." He chuckled.

"Alright, who's screaming like a baby in here?" Christine said, entering through the corridor.

"Who's the baby in here?" Gerard said, not moving and not turning to face her.

"I believe you are, screaming at your own reflection like that." She replied.

"Really...you would too if you looked in the mirror and saw your reflection was a monster." Gerard said, slightly turning his head. "I'm hungry." He spat.

"I'm not your /maid/, underling. That's what Kaylyyn is for. And she just went out to fetch you something to eat." Christine said, looking at him.

"That woman will take forever; she'll be flirting with every man she sees...I don't think I could wait that long..." Gerard said, turning his head a bit more.

"You'll have to deal with it. Just like I have to put up with you right now." She replied.

"That won't take long." Gerard said, finally turning around.

"What's--"

In a split second, a black blur took Christine to the ground, as she looked up and met Gerard's glowing eyes and teeth. She didn't seem bothered by it. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." She said, gesturing towards the large horde of hungry wolves behind Gerard.

"There's another thing you've forgotten." Gerard said, leaning in a bit closer. "I'm a fucking vampire."

"Get off!" Christine shouted, calling her wolves over.

Gerard flipped around and held Christine in front of him as the wolves stopped. He gripped her cape as she struggled forward to get away. "Get him!" She shouted, gnawing at the edges of her cape. Gerard's grip still hadn't loosened, even with the horde of wolves charging at him. He yanked her cape back, hoping to choke her, but instead she went forward and he fell backwards.

"Fuck...that's why I hate capes..." Gerard muttered before grabbing her cape and taking off running.

"Get him!! Rip his arms off! I want my fucking cape back!" Christine shouted angrily as she and her pack took off running.


~~~~~

"I'll ask you again.../where/ is Gerard at?!" Leslie slammed her palms onto the table.

"I don't know what you're talking about. The last time I saw that blonde headed prick was at the park." Kaylyyn spat.

"What did you tell him?" She asked again.

"I told him about the genes. And about you.../'curing' that /hybrid behind the glass." Kaylyyn slightly growled, staring Eileen dead in the eyes through the glass of the interrogation room.

Eileen and the others waited outside and watched from behind the window. Eileen stood there, arms folded and shaking. While Bob wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders. She glanced up at him and smiled nervously as he did the same.

"We need to keep this chick locked up...with her stalking Gerard and all...can you imagine what might happen if he turned into a vampire around /her/?" Ray said.

"Ray...you sound like Frank..." Eileen said.

"Well I was just making a suggestion..." He said.

"/Right/..." Eileen replied.

Leslie came out just then, closing the door behind her as the guards attended to Kaylyyn. Leslie led them out and into the main entrance and sat down. "She won't say anything. If she keeps up, she'll have to get the torture treatment." Leslie said, glaring down the hallway.

"Um, /what/?!" Mikey exclaimed. "Doesn't she deserve that anyway after all that she's done!?"

"Yes." Leslie replied, nonchalantly. "But you know how the police system is...a lot of it just doesn't care..." She said.

Eileen sat down next to Leslie. "Maybe I can get her to talk." She said.

Leslie scoffed. "Don't even bother." She said. "Kaylyyn is tight lipped about everything, she's tough to get anything out of."

"Who the hell is she anyway?" Bob asked.

"She's been in and out of prison. She's just a trouble maker of the city; she's always getting into trouble." Leslie replied.

"Then why don't they just keep her locked up?!"

"Because..." She began. "...The authority in this city is just like any other in the human world. I wouldn't be surprised if they let her go after all this trouble."

"All I wanna know is why she's been stalking my brother." Mikey said, folding his arms.

"This is why we need to keep her locked up...she's trying to get your brother to completely turn into a vampire, and to prevent that, she needs to stay behind bars." Leslie said, leaning forward.

"But why does she want him to completely turn into a vampire?" He asked.

"Kaylyyn is known for having a hatred for humans and kidnapping them and forcing them to turn into vampires and werewolves against their will, even if they don't have the genes in them. I guess she just decided to hit big this time and target a big famous person, who would be Gerard. My guess is that she's trying to mess up your band. Either that or she fancies him...which I doubt..." Leslie said.

"I just don't want him getting killed..." Mikey said.

Leslie put a hand over his and smiled. "Mikey...he's going to be okay...he's got vampire genes in him. If he sustains any injury, it'll heal almost instantly." She assured him.

Mikey smiled halfheartedly and nodded. "I meant on the inside too..." He thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story