Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

For the Sake of Remembering

by killxsmile 6 reviews

crossing paths...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 995 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: BIG THANKS go out to

fobgal1
dflip07
i_heart_cliches
kissbetweenstars
Hemfan605
jewsicax


for their reviews.

Chapter 20: For the Sake of Remembering

After some time I imagine you sleep alright.
-Dave Melillo

*
Christina's POV

"Em, get your head out of that book already," I said.
"Yeah, yeah, just give me a few minutes."
"No." I said, closing the book. "You've been at it for 3 hours straight. You need a break."
"Thanks, now I don't know where I left off."
"You were on page 172." She wrote the number down on a Post-It and stuck it to the cover.

"Now hurry up and get dressed."
"For what?" she asked.
"We're going to a concert," I said, going through her closet.
"Since when?"
"Since Lana's band is playing." I handed her a pair of jeans and a random t-shirt on a hanger in front of me. "C'mon, we're going to be late."
"Who's else is going to be there?" she asked, taking off her shirt and slipping the new one over her head.
"Just a few local groups, nothing too big..."
"Sounds good."

She quickly changed into the jeans and we were out the door.

Walking toward the venue, Emi quickly spotted Adam standing outside. She excitedly ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Hey babe." He returned the hug and their lips met in a passionate kiss. They'd been dating for two months, but I could swear they were on a never-ending honeymoon.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming tonight?" he asked, arms still wrapped around her waist.
"Because I didn't know I was going to be here until about 30 minutes ago."
"I practically needed to drag her away from studying," I added.
"Well Em's my sexy bookworm," he said, smiling down at her.
"And Adam's my adorable surfer boy."

They shared another kiss before we headed inside the small brick venue.

*
Patrick's POV

"...To the love, I left my conscience pressed between the pages of a Bible in the drawer. 'What did it ever do for me?' I say..."

I looked up from the lyrics in front of me and saw that Pete, Joe and Andy were smiling on the other side of the glass.

"I think that's the one," Pete said. I took off my headphones and stepped out of the recording booth. After 2 hours, I was finally done laying down the vocals for the last song of the album.

"I think it's time to celebrate," Joe said, getting off the couch.
"I agree," Andy added.

With a nod from our producer, we headed out of the studio and loaded into the car.

"So where are we going? Pete asked, getting into the driver's seat.
"I don't know..." Andy said. "Wait, wasn't there a show or something at the club on Bancroft?"
"Yeah, local bands, I think," I added.
"Sounds good," Joe replied.
"Okay, Bancroft it is."

*
Emi's POV

"I'm Lloyd," the floppy-haired, lead singer said, taking hold of the microphone. "That's Lana," he said, pointing to my petite friend sitting behind the drum kit. "The dude holding the bass is Luke, and the other guy with a guitar is Landon..." Cheers erupted within the crowd. "We are Elle Is For Loser, and we're really glad to be here playing for of all you beautiful people."

Adam wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"We're going to start the night off with a song that we hope you know fairly well... Sing along if you know the words. This is 'Greetings From Azkaban, Siriusly'."

"He's such a Harry Potter freak," Adam chuckled.
"So are you," I said, letting out a chuckle.

Lloyd began on the guitar and as everyone joined in, he sang his heart out.

*
Pete's POV

"There it is," Patrick said, pointing to a small brick building.

TONIGHT:
ELLE IS FOR LOSER
RITALIN RIOT
MOTH VS. FLAME


As we made our way inside the club, the band onstage was just finishing a song. As the final notes filled the air, the crowd went wild.

"This last song goes out to our first groupie. She's actually in the crowd tonight," the lead singer said, strumming his guitar. "TSL is one of her favorite bands, so here's a cover of 'Left Coast Envy'."

"Today could be a different day
If the sky lifts up the haze
Off of my front lawn
Of just another time I hold my tears
For another year
On my way back home

Can I sell this sunrise, in return for a sunset? Yeah...
Can I just be here one more day, until my sunburn fades away?"


"It seems like yesterday that we were playing in venues like this," Patrick commented.
"Yeah. It's... Surreal."

*
Emi's POV

As the next band made their way onto the stage, Lana and the rest of Elle is for Loser came out and greeted us.

"You guys were great," I said, wrapping her in a hug. The sweaty embraces were always my favorite parts of a show.
"Don't I get a hug?" Lloyd asked as I pulled away. "I did dedicate a song to you."
"Haha, of course." I put my arms around him and smiled. Before I even pulled away, Luke came up from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist, successfully creating an Ikuhara sandwich.

"We're heading out to dinner," Landon said, trademark smile on his face. "Do you guys want to join us?"

I looked at Adam and Christina.

"Yeah."
"Sounds good to me."
"Okay, cool."

Adam slipped his hand into mine and we followed the group as they exited the building.

*
Pete's POV

Out of the corner of my eye, a raven-haired girl was heading toward the door.

"Could it--"

Fast-paced drums snapped me out of my daze, momentarily stealing my attention. When I glanced back at the door, I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd let something slip through my fingers.

*

Please review.
I love hearing from you guys.
Sign up to rate and review this story