Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book V

Chapter 08: Aftermath of the Invasion

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter Crossover. Sequel to Books I through IV. With Voldemort returning to power, Harry encounters some of his most dangerous perils yet. Can he survive?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix, Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Luna, Lupin, Sirius, Umbridge, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 5498 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Chapter 08: Aftermath of the Invasion:



It would be a long time before the citizens of New York had forgotten the invasion from the Triceratons. The invasion lasted for twenty two hours but it wrecked great damage to the city, leaving the majority of the city of New York in ruin. Alien technology laid scattered throughout the city, many of the buildings had been destroyed to some agree and the city streets were not fit for any vehicles to drive across them because of their damaged state.



Harry walked into his house, looking tired and slightly ill, he looked about ready to collapse from the exhaustion of the past day. He didn't even know if he was going to make it to his fifth year at the rate his life was going.



"Well, that was an eventful day," said Hailey quietly, breaking the silence.



"Too eventful," said Ginny darkly before turning to Harry. "Harry, you don't look too good. Are you okay"



"I'm fine Ginny," said Harry in a calm voice but he was anything but fine on the inside. The city he had spent the best years of his life had nearly been destroyed at the weaponry of the Triceratons. He was subjected to a brain tearing experiment at the hands of the Triceraton mind probe and then that sinister experiment that Bishop had subjected Harry to. Harry felt as if he had failed. How could anyone expect him to defeat Voldemort when a Muggle had managed to trap Harry and subject him to tortures that even would make Voldemort himself wince slightly?



"Harry, you really don't seem fine," said Ginny.



"I'm fine, Ginny," repeated Harry in a sharper voice. "It's not like I'm some weakling who needs someone to check up on me every second of the day."



"I didn't say you were, I'm just being concerned," said Ginny. "You still haven't told me what that Bishop character did to you."



"You don't need to know," said Harry in a cool voice.



"Harry, it's obviously eating away at your mind and..." said Ginny before she stopped. Harry began to glow a shade of green. "Harry, you're glowing!"



"Don't be ridiculous, why in the hell would I be glowing?" asked Harry before he looked at his hand, which was glowing the brightest shade of green he had ever seen. "Okay, so I'm glowing."



"Harry, maybe you should sit down," said Hailey in a concerned voice.



Harry nodded, deciding that must be the best thing to do with his current condition. He sat down, with a slight ringing sensation in his head before the sound slowly drawn to a close before stopping.



"Do any of you two have any idea what just happened?" asked Harry even through he had his theory that it might have been a side effect of what Bishop had done to him in the laboratory.



"I'm not sure," said Hailey.



"Yeah, but tell me one thing, exactly how are you feeling now Harry and please tell the truth this time?" asked Ginny, looking at Harry anxiously as she joined Hailey in sitting down on either side of Harry.



"Truthfully, I've never felt better," said Harry in a truthful voice. "It's almost as if my magical tolerance has expanded past the level that it was a day ago, nearly twice as much if my theory is correct."



"Really?" asked Ginny in a curious voice. "I'm still not understanding exactly why this might have happened."



"I'll ask Mum when she gets home," said Harry shrugging his shoulders. "She'll probably have an idea about what is going on."



No sooner that Harry had finished that sentence, a very weary looking Lily Potter had pushed open the front door. She looked extremely pale as she walked into the house, as if she was about to fall over from exhaustion. She managed to sink herself in the arm chair.



"Mum, what's wrong?" asked Harry.



"Just a second," muttered Lily pointing her wand towards the kitchen. "Accio Chocolate."



A large bar of chocolate flew from the kitchen into Lily's hand, who tore open the wrapper and began to eat the chocolate, feeling slightly relieved.



"Well, my night was hell," said Lily as she finished half of the chocolate. "I've followed my nice little tip that the spies for the American Wizarding Government within the British Ministry of Magic gave me about the dark magical outburst. I go searching for the potential Horcrux in the area where I was given, which is a slow process as it is hard to tell what kind of tricks Voldemort has to prevent someone from uncovering one of his Horcruxes. Of course, I had to due this expertly careful searching while dodging an alien invasion. Then, as it turns out, there wasn't a Horcrux there at all, the spies had been given false information or had mistaken apparently."



"Yes but judging but your weary appearance, there's more obviously," said Harry, urging his mother to continue.



"Of course," said Lily darkly. "No sooner than the alien invasion seems to be ending, when I find myself face to face with four Dementors."



"Dementors!" yelled Hailey, Ginny, and Harry in horror.



"Yes, and they went after me with reckless abandonment," said Lily as she took another bite of chocolate. "They assaulted my worst memories with full force, but that's the strange part. They normally unintentionally force their victims to relive their worst memories due to their mere presence. This time, I'm pretty damn sure they attacked me intentionally using all of their powers to subdue me and it took four Patronus charms before I managed to hold them off long enough to escape and come back here. Which explains the state that I was in when I came in the door."



"Strange that four Dementors just happened to come across you," said Harry. "Even I don't have that bad of luck."



"Harry, I really doubt that four Dementors just happened to come across me," said Lily. "They were sent, no doubt with the intention of administering the kiss. Sent by someone who would have an ulterior motive of having me out of the way."



"Yes, but..." said Ginny. "Wait a minute; doesn't the Minister of Magic only have the authority to send the Dementors after people?"



"Yes and anyone who works in his office," said Lily. "And if I remember correct, there is one person who works in the Minister's office who would have it in for me enough to send Dementors after me."



"Who?" asked Hailey.



"Dolores Umbridge, the current Under Secretary to the Minister of Magic" said Lily in a voice filled with hatred. "She hated me back when I worked for the Department of Mysteries, when I played havoc with one of her little part human reform bills. The story is like this, Umbridge has been working at the Ministry for quite some time and in the 1970s, she was a member of the Committee of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures. She attempted to pass a law through the Ministry, which would send all Werewolves to Containment camps. Werewolf hatred was at an all time high due to the attacks by werewolves, most of them done by Fenrir Greyback. It was hoped that by keeping the werewolves magically imprisoned in one area, the Ministry could cut down on the attacks But, Werewolf Containment camps had another, more sinister meaning. They were going to end up being Werewolf Execution Camps."



"That's horrible," said Ginny in a disgusted voice.



"Many at the Ministry were pleased and unfortunately, werewolves like Greyback might have been better off dead then terrorizing the people," said Lily darkly. "Still, there were decent people, like Remus, who had been sadly turned into werewolves and had never attacked anyone in their lives, but were set to be executed harshly if that law was passed. It was rather unfair and despite werewolf hatred being high, the heads of the Departments were split evenly down the middle, with one more vote being the deciding factor. The method for breaking ties was that while the Department of Mysteries would not be represented in the main voting, due to them not having a definite head of Department. However, in the case of a tie, someone was voted by the Department of Mysteries to give the deciding vote."



"And that was you in this case," said Hailey.



"Absolutely, as many of the most influential members of the Department of Mysteries despised Umbridge and wanted this legislation to be thrown out just to spite them," said Lily. "Unfortunately, many of them were not that popular within the Ministry and the top ranking members of the Ministry were looking for an excuse to get rid of them, so out of all the members of the Department of Mysteries, I was selected to cast the deciding vote due to the fact they knew I'd vote against Umbridge's Anti-Werewolf Legislation for obvious reasons. The legislation was thrown out and Umbridge was not too happy too say the least."



"So, she hated you because of that," said Hailey.



"Well that and the fact that she tried to keep getting me fired but it was obvious that she didn't have a leg to stand on and from what I heard, her stock dropped in the Ministry, until she was taken on by Fudge as his Senior Undersecretary, but why Fudge thought she'd be any help to his damaged popularity continues to baffle me," said Lily. "And over the years, the restrictions on Werewolves have been slightly lessened due to the werewolf attacks lessening but Umbridge has been slowly introducing new Anti-Werewolf legislation to take away those rights away. It will only be a matter of time before she attempts to pass her Werewolf Containment Act again. I just hope that the Ministry hasn't become too corrupt and anti-Werewolf by the time it goes through."



"She sounds like a horrid piece of work," said Ginny in a disgusted voice.



"Her personality is about as bad as she looks," said Lily. "Looks like an overgrown toad, and I'm sure that many await the day that she croaks."



Hailey and Ginny laughed but Harry looked serious, as if he was remembering something.



"Looks like an overgrown toad," muttered Harry. "I think I may have had the unfortunate experience of meeting Umbridge."



"I don't remember you telling me this," said Ginny frowning.



"She was the Ministry official that I hit with a silencing charm that got me thrown into Azkaban," said Harry. "Thinking about it now, I should have used something a bit more lethal."



"You cursed Umbridge," said Lily in a curious voice. "I bet she didn't like that, she never liked being upstaged by anyone even through it wasn't very hard due to the fact she was below average in magical talent. The only reason she has any standing in the Ministry is because she is a good enough politician to sweet talk her way into prominent position within the Ministry."



Harry nodded as they sat quietly for a minute as Harry tried to think how to best phrase what happened to him when he started glowing.



"Mum, I need to ask you a question," said Harry calmly. "Something strange happened earlier tonight. I got back from...well..."



"Let me guess, you saw the alien invasion going on outside and you just had to go outside to help people," said Lily coolly. As much as she worried about Harry, Lily knew she really couldn't convince her son to stay safe and out of the line of fire when innocent people were in peril, so she decided not to waste her breath to try. About all she could do was encourage him to be adequately prepared for any dangerous situation that he may encounter.



"Absolutely, you know Harry," said Hailey with a smirk. "He can't stand not being in the center of some chaotic situation that he can see..."



"That's enough," said Harry sharply which caused his sister to shut up. "Anyway, as I got back, I began feel ill and then I began to glow a deep, brilliant shade of green for a couple of minutes before the glow disappeared. Then afterwards, I showed none of the ill effects that I did prior to the glow."



"That's extremely odd," said Lily slowly, while frowning. "It's almost like your level of magical tolerance expanded, a rare phenomenon."



"So is being a Parseltongue and a Metamorphmagus," said Harry. "But I have those talents as well, so I feel nothing is too strange to happen to me."



"Still, the rare occasion that it does happen, it only happens when the person has been asleep from what I've read," said Lily. "Of course, something unnatural could force an expansion of the level of magical tolerance."



"Something like, oh, having your body experienced to periodical shocks to cause a replication of magical energy to put inside an orb like device," said Harry.



"So that's what Bishop did to you!" yelled Ginny who looked angry. "I've heard of people dying from being exposed to too much electricity. Something called electrocution."



"Ginny, calm down, I'm fine," said Harry but Ginny was still shaking. "After all, I'm still alive."



"You were experienced to electrical shocks in an attempt to replicate your magical core," said Lily, frowning while looking very disturbed at the experiment that this Bishop character had put her son through. "It doesn't make any sense that you have expanded your magical tolerance level then. Something like this seems like, at best case scenario, it would leave you with the same amount of magical tolerance that you had. Absolute worst case would be it would completely drain your magic, turning you into a squib."



"Yes, but I don't think I'm a squib," said Harry as he pulled out his wand before pointing at a clock on the shelf. "Accio clock."



In a blink of an eye, the clock zipped off the shelf and Harry barely had the reflexes to catch it as the clock flew towards him at the speed of light.



"Definitely not a squib," remarked Hailey.



"Summoning spells are not supposed to be that fast, even with a level of magical tolerance being expanded," said Lily. "That means Bishop has inadvertently caused you to become more powerful but unfortunately until your body gets used to these new, drastic settings of magic, you're magic will be slightly all over the place. It's a good thing that you did not due a Reducto spell, because you might have blown the entire house into bits."



"Exactly how long for my body to adapt to these new levels of magical tolerance?" asked Harry.



"I'd say at the very least a month, as from what I can tell, there seems to be a slight rise in your level of magical tolerance," said Lily. "Of course, I'm only guessing, as there has never been a case of this unnaturally being forced. Like I mentioned, expanding the level of magical tolerance only normally happens when people are asleep."



"Yes, I suppose you're right," said Harry in a tired voice before pulling himself up and walking to his bedroom. He was going to get to sleep before something else happened to him today as it had been one long day and night for one Harry James Potter.



Harry Potter might have been sleeping but one of his more sinister foes was hard at work putting the finishing touches on one of his latest plans to continue his push for the complete dominance of the center of the Magical World, Britain.



Lord Voldemort sat in a chair in his throne room, awaiting one of his minions coming back from a task that Voldemort had set him upon. The task was quite simple but Voldemort wouldn't be surprised if it was botched in execution. The Dark Lord was already in a foul mood because just hours ago, he felt a rare experience, that being pain for a reason which Voldemort could only begin guessing. Of course, the strange part this occurrence was that Voldemort felt as if some of his magic was taken which he dismissed as a silly delusion, as losing magic was highly impossible. There were of course rituals to expand the level of magical tolerance and at times it happened naturally, but it was proven to be impossible to lose any magic.



Voldemort looked up as a very pleased looking Lucius Malfoy stepped up into the throne room. Lucius walked forward towards Voldemort, before kneeling down before the Dark Lord, awaiting to be acknowledged.



"Speak, Lucius," hissed Voldemort coldly.



"My Lord, I have the object that you were seeking and Fudge hasn't had a clue that it is missing after I replaced it with an exact powerless duplicate in his office," said Lucius in a pompous voice.



"Hand it to me Lucius," hissed Voldemort. The Dark Lord watched as Lucius pulled out an emerald on a chain with white mist swirling in the air around it. Voldemort reached forward, grabbing the emerald before examining it. "At last, the Eye of Darkness is mine after all of these years and with this emerald; I can control the Dementors to do my absolute bidding."



"Surely, they wouldn't dare question your beliefs, my Lord," said Lucius, who was hoping to get on Voldemort's good side after crying Imperius many years ago.



"Those foul creatures resisted me and it took me quite some time to realize why," hissed Voldemort. "They were bound to the Ministry, due to the fact the possessed this artifact. The Dementors are a weakened for of an ancient evil and this emerald, the Eye of Darkness, prevents them from breaking free and using their powers to the full extent. I thought of this as a myth at first, a tale used to enhance the fear that Dementors produced but as of right now, I am confident that what is little known of the origins of Dementors is true."



"But, what kind of ancient evil, my Lord?" asked Lucius.



"I have not got the slightest idea of what the Dementors once were," hissed Voldemort. "And even if I did, I wouldn't share this knowledge with others, as if it fell in the wrong hands, it could be dangerous."



"And what now since we've got the Eye?" asked Lucius.



"Discreetly make a trip to Azkaban and tell the Dementors to keep resuming their usual activities until told differently by me. Use the Eye of Darkness, as they will have to obey this command," said Voldemort coldly. "And Lucius protect the Eye with your life and do not damage it whatsoever. If I see one scratch on it, I don't even think I need to tell you the consequences that will befall you."



"Of course not, My Lord," said Lucius in a shaky voice as he set off to do the next task that his Master had instructed him. He would not fail; Lucius couldn't fail, as the Dark Lord looked as if he would dispose of Lucius if he had slipped up just a little bit.



Two weeks after the Triceraton invasion, Nymphadora Tonks walked up towards the front door of her home, looking extremely tired and irritable. She had just recently been promoted to the full time ranks of Aurors, but she found the job to be rather lacking so far. Ever since she had been promoted from trainee, Tonks had done nothing but paperwork which she felt was an insult to her magical ability. Tonks did achieve high grades at Hogwarts and had always been above average but she barely was accepted to be an Auror trainee due to the fact she was a Slytherin at Hogwarts. The Aurors at the Ministry of Magic had a very pro-Gryffindor slant. Granted, there were some Gryffindors that didn't rush into a fight without thinking, just like there were Slytherins who weren't junior Death Eaters but the majority of the former-Gryffindor Aurors were impulsive idiots who couldn't last five minutes in a real battle. Plus, the Ministry was denying You-Know-Who coming back, despite the fact that Harry Potter had told the Minister of Magic himself and looked as if he had been through a hell of a battle when the Minister was informed.



Tonks pulled out her wand, opening her door, thinking about the offer extended to her for membership of what was rumored to be the most elite magical organizations in the fight against dark magic, the Order of the Phoenix, led by Albus Dumbledore. Between Dumbledore and the Ministry, the Headmaster of Hogwarts appeared to be the lesser of two evils, but Tonks still felt conflicted about joining this Order of the Phoenix, as something about Dumbledore seemed a bit dodgy. The young Auror couldn't quite put her finger on it, but something about the Headmaster seemed sinister.



"You know, for being an Auror, one would think you would think to put better security charms so people," said a cool voice which caused Tonks to spin around, with her wand in the air but there seemed to be no one she could see. Whomever she was dealing with seemed to be a greater master of stealth than most Aurors could hope to be.



"Who are you?" asked Tonks. "Come out now and I might go easy on you for breaking and entering my house when I take to the Ministry for questioning."



"We are of course assuming that I'd consent to come," said the voice coolly. "Trust me, if I was a Dark Wizard, you'd be dead the minute you would step in the door."



"So why exactly are you here anyway, if you aren't here to kill me," said Tonks.



"I'm going to give you something valuable, Nymphadora Tonks," said the voice as Tonks glared at the general direction to the origin of voice at the use of her first name. "Knowledge."



"Knowledge of what, exactly," said Tonks, who had her hand still on her wand, ready to curse the person who was talking to her if they made one wrong move.



"You have been approached to join the vigilante group known as the Order of the Phoenix, led by Albus Dumbledore, have you not?" asked the voice.



"How did you know that?" asked Tonks in a shaky voice.



"I have my sources but rest assure, I am not a Ministry official wanting to turn you in to score points with Fudge," said the voice in a reassuring tone.



"Then who are you?" asked Tonks, who didn't feel comfortable talking with something that she couldn't see.



"The true face of the Magical World," said the voice. "But let me ask you a question, what is your opinion of Albus Dumbledore?"



Tonks thought for a minute before giving a completely truthful response.



"While he seems to be kind and grandfatherly on the outside, Dumbledore has sort of struck me to be a bit manipulative," said Tonks truthfully. "I didn't really notice this until I thought about it but both at Hogwarts and in his relations with the Ministry, he did stick his nose into situations which would turn out better if Dumbledore didn't meddle in them and they turned out to only be for Dumbledore's benefit."



"Very well," said the voice in a tone that didn't leave Tonks any indication whether or not her opinion was well received. "The Ministry of Magic, do you think they would be effective in managing a war against Voldemort in their current state?"



"If we have to rely on the Ministry to fight against You-Know-Who, then I'm afraid that the Magical World may be left in shambles," said Tonks. "There are a few people who might learn spells outside the box of Ministry restrictions but many of them are too blinded by what the Ministry has determined to be dark magic."



"And finally, your opinion of Harry Potter," said the voice.



"Harry Potter, that's a difficult question," said Tonks who seemed a bit stumped on to how to answer it. "He is definitely a better choice to follow them Dumbledore or the Ministry, because of the simple fact that he doesn't have any hidden other agenda other than protecting his friends and family from You-Know-Who and his followers. It's hard to remember that he still hasn't finished Hogwarts yet but he seems so much better to lead a war against dark wizards then others who have more experience"



"Congratulations, you've passed the test," said the voice in a cryptic voice before stepping out of the shadows to reveal the last person Tonks expected to see. Right before her, stood Harry Potter.



"Well this is a surprise," said Tonks lightly.



"Indeed, I try to keep my actions a bit unpredictable so my enemies don't have the slightest clue of what I'm up to," said Harry. "Most of my actions don't have any rhythm at first glance but they do serve a purpose in the grander scheme of things."



"By your enemies, I'm guessing you mean You-Know-Who and his Death Eaters," said Tonks.



"Voldemort and his followers are only part of the problem but we'll get to that in a moment," said Harry. "Still, it's a good thing I managed to reach you before you were coerced into joining the Order of the Phoenix. I'm afraid that many who are against Voldemort will join up with Dumbledore due to him unfortunately being a better alternative than the Ministry of Magic. Dumbledore may look like a good person on the outside but certain actions over the years have indicated that he is less than trustworthy and may be as evil as Voldemort, if not more so. Basically, the image he projects to the world is an illusion, one that helps him keep his standing as the leader of the light."



"Not that I don't believe you, because as a true Slytherin, you don't seem to be someone to make groundless accusations without having back up, but what exactly has Dumbledore done that you know of that makes you think he's so evil?" asked Tonks.



"Well, let me see, we'd be here for a while if I mentioned everything and I don't want you to learn everything that I know about Dumbledore just yet but for example, I think the listening charms he put around your home would be a good start, wouldn't it?" suggested Harry which caused Tonks to jump about three feet in the air.



"Listening charms!" yelped Tonks before dropping her voice to a whisper. "What if he's heard something, you could..."



"Relax, I've disabled them to replicate the sounds that would play if the house was empty during the day," said Harry. "Believe me; we are only getting into just some of the things that Dumbledore did..."



"Putting unauthorized listening charms on a house that you don't own is good for about five years in Azkaban, if I remember my Magical Law knowledge right," said Tonks.



"Yes but that's the problem. Dumbledore is smart enough not to get caught and if is, he manages to manipulate his way out of situations," said Harry in a tired voice. "Dumbledore should be in Azkaban, hell; he should have been given the Dementor's Kiss many times over for some of the crimes he has committed all while advancing his so called greater good, which is translated into, for Dumbledore's benefit, damn everyone else's But that's neither here nor there, as I'm finally to the real reason why I'm here."



Harry took a deep breath, he didn't know how well this would go over but he had managed to get a few people interested in his resistance against Voldemort. There was one that threatened to report him to the Ministry but thankfully, Harry knew how to use memory charms and that entire conversation was wiped from that individual's mind.



"I'm in the process forming a resistance group against Voldemort and his Death Eaters, because eventually the Ministry of Magic will fall to Voldemort. I wish it wouldn't happen but it is a sad reality that we might have to face. Dumbledore's Order of the Phoenix will not endure long enough as once Dumbledore gets bored playing with his chess set, there is a good chance that he might show his true colors and everyone who is allied with him will be set up for a nasty fall," said Harry slowly and deliberately, making sure that Tonks caught every word he said.



"Do I have a choice?" asked Tonks.



"There is a choice of course, but I'm afraid I must have you forget about this meeting if you don't express interest in joining," said Harry. "I can't have anyone leak my plans to Dumbledore, Voldemort, or the Ministry, at least until I'm ready to go public with my resistance group. So are you interested or not? You have five minutes to express interest; we're worry about details of actually joining when I get the charms on the loyalty contracts to my liking."



Tonks thought for a minute, Harry looked as if he had a pretty good idea what was going to happen and she didn't detect anything shady about what he was saying.



"Okay I'm in but how am supposed to talk to you about memberships?" asked Tonks.



"I'll let you know," said Harry in a cryptic voice.



"And you said that I passed the test or something like that," said Tonks frowning. "I'm almost afraid to ask this, but what would have happened if I failed?"



"You don't want to know," said Harry in a cryptic voice.



"Why wouldn't I...want to know?" asked Tonks as she trailed off seeing that Harry had vanished as quickly as he had appeared, leaving her a bit frustrated but with much to think about after her conversation with the Boy-Who-Lived.



Harry arrived home less than a minute; he had a long day of setting forth his plans to combat Voldemort and his Death Eaters. It would be down to Harry to face off against Voldemort but Harry needed people to hold the Death Eaters at bay, so none of Voldemort's followers could interfere with the eventual climatic battle between the Boy-Who-Lived and the Dark Lord. The only thing Harry needed to figure out is what exactly this great evil from a thousand years ago was; he would be able to form a better plan to insure that the entire Magical World would survive. For some reason, Harry feared that he might be forgetting a crucial piece of information that would help him but Harry was drawing a blank in his mind. He hoped he could come up with something.



Harry walked into the kitchen where Hailey, Ginny, and his mother were sitting at the table.



"Another long day," said Ginny.



"Yes but it will be worth it in the end," said Harry in a tired voice. "I've managed to get a couple more people interested in the resistance I'm going to be forming against Tom and that's all that matters at this time. I'll worry about more details later."



"Still, attempting to go against Voldemort, Dumbledore, and the Ministry of Magic is a very ambitious goal," said Hailey which earned her a puzzled look from her brother. "Sure, you might say that you're only going against Voldemort but I know you'd like nothing better than to beat Dumbledore at his own manipulative game and make the Ministry look like fools, even more so than usual."



"Yes but this isn't about me," said Harry. "Dumbledore and the Ministry will get headaches but for right now giving people a better fighting chance against Tom and his Death Eaters is the main objective. Still, if Mum hadn't given me the idea, I might not have taken on this rather ambitious and time consuming project."



"Harry, you know for a fact I just mentioned this idea in a moment of irritation that someone should form a resistance against Voldemort that didn't follow the Ministry or Dumbledore," said Lily. "The last thing I expected you was to pick up the ball and run with my spur of the moment suggestion."



"Well, now you know," said Harry. "I still think the only reason that I'm in Slytherin is that Snape basically challenged me to get myself sorted in the house. If Snape would have kept his mouth shut, I might not be in Slytherin. Then again, nothing might have changed."



Harry didn't say much for the rest of the evening, only eating a quick meal before going to sleep. In two weeks, he would be returning to Britain and he could accelerate his plans a bit better when he returned to the British Magical World. He still had a half a page of names that he had received from the American Wizarding Government of people who had been approached by Dumbledore for possible membership for the Order of the Phoenix and might only join because Dumbledore seemed to be a better choice to follow than the Ministry.





Sign up to rate and review this story