Categories > Original > Humor

Scarlet Underwear

by Venny9o6 1 review

Flowers, flowers everywhere, lovely flowers in her hair. That is until a strong gust swept them away. Unfortunately, her flowers weren't the only thing that got pulled up by the wind.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-07-23 - Updated: 2007-07-24 - 1055 words - Complete

1Funny
Author's Notes: Totally random! I just wanted something to do and I came up with this idea! But I had lots of fun! XD

Claimer: Haha! Mine! All mine mine mine! ...ahem...

-

-

Summer vacation was officially over and Alyssa Mclain couldn't be happier. The fact that she'd been looking foreword to the new school year since almost directly after the first one ended was already strange, but she also hated the entire vacation! There was literally nothing to do at her home and she had no way of contacting any of her friends, namely because most of them spent their summer in a beach house. And that, she reasoned, was the only reason she came to school an hour early.

That and because the beautiful campus of her high school was to die for in comparison to her dingy little trailer that was in the process of, more or less, falling apart. No offense to the idiot who built it, but it seriously wasn't worth the money her parents were paying for it.

Alyssa took a deep, refreshing breath and plopped to the grassy earth in front of her school, reveling in the fresh air and ethereal aura of the flowering cherry and apple trees all around (a/n: I really don't know when either of them flower, so if it's wrong please just ignore it). She began picking some of the daisies littering the ground started making a crown with them, humming softly to herself.

A short while later she was joined by two of her friends, Lanelle who had shoulder length curly blond hair and bright green eyes, and Beatrice who's eyes were strikingly darker than her braided brown hair. Alyssa herself was a brunette with wavy hair that reached her mid back and was currently in a half pony tail and bright blue-green eyes.

"You're here early, Alyssa," Lanelle drawled in a teasing manner as both girls sat down with her.

"If you guys were as bored this summer as I was then you'd be early too," Alyssa said simply, crossing her arms in her defense.

"Oh, right," Beatrice rolled her eyes, "I keep on forgetting that you didn't come with us on our oh so wonderful trip to Hawaii."

Alyssa's gaze snapped up immediately at this. "You guys went to Hawaii?!"

"She's being sarcastic," Lanelle assured with a smile. My mom and I were staying in a motel on the coast of California for two months."

"Well I was in Disney Land!" Beatrice exclaimed, causing her friends to raise their eyebrows at her. "What? I begged my parents to take me because I'd never been there before." She shrugged.

"How was it?" Alyssa asked, genuinely curious. She'd never been there either...

"It's overrated," Beatrice responded with a nonchalant wave of her hand.

"Oh..." Alyssa sighed.

"Hey, I've been there twice and I loved it both times!" Lanelle insisted, but neither girls seemed impressed.

"I thought you went to Disney World both times," Beatrice corrected.

"Oh, right. I keep forgetting they're different," Lanelle grinned sheepishly. Beatrice rolled her eyes again, shaking her head and muttering something inaudible.

Alyssa just smiled, turning her attention back to the flower crown. She strung in a few more daisies before putting it on herself and standing up, brushing off her purple knee length skirt. She was about to wave her friends goodbye and make her way to class but stopped when she was halfway turned around and looked down at the two girls.

"Hey, have either of you seen..." she trailed off, a scarlet blush appearing on her cheeks. Lanelle and Beatrice both grinned.

"Actually, I think that's him right over there," Beatrice answered her, pointing over her shoulder.

Alyssa followed the directing of her finger and froze, her heart fluttering madly in the cage of her chest. There, about ten yards away, sat Alex, her crush since childhood, surrounded by his friends. Of course, him being the hansom and charming boy he was had many admirers, so she didn't think she actually have a chance with him. The first time she ever spoke to him was just the year before in the middle of finals when he needed to borrow a pencil, so she couldn't say they were very close. Just... acquaintances. Semi friends maybe. In reality she probably knew a lot more about him than he did about her, by a long shot.

Over the growing amount of students on campus he caught her gaze waved with a friendly smile.

Well... it wasn't like she couldn't become closer to him.

"I think I'll... go talk to him," she said slowly, willing her feet to take her toward him, wracking her brain for something to say.

"You do that," Lanelle said, smiling for all she was worth.

Alyssa was making her way in his direction, fidgeting with the straps of her backpack and trying not to blush any harder. Apparently Alex's friends noticed she was coming because they all turned their attention, some of them smirking as though they knew something, and she wondered absently if they did. Her left hand was gripping her bag tightly while she raised the right to wave a little as she came over.

She only made it a little more than five of those ten yards when it came, so quick and with surprising strength. By the time her hands flew up to catch the daisy crown that flew off her head she realized, too late, that the gust of wind had also lifted her skirt, high enough for a quarter of the entire school population to get a good long look at her underwear.

Everyone was gawking, pointing, laughing, etc. even after she managed to pull the purple material back down over her legs. She didn't see it with her eyes clamped shut tightly, facing the ground with her hands fisted in the material of her skirt, but she wasn't the only one who's facial color now resembled the intensity of her scarlet underwear.

-

-

WU: That's it! It's just a one-shot so no more chapters! And, just in case anyone was wondering, I do live in a crappy trailer and it is in fact falling apart. Unfortunately, my mom says that it's still fixable so there's no chance we'll be moving any time soon. Meh...

Thanks for reading! : )
Sign up to rate and review this story