Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Perception

Chapter 24

by horsie890 3 reviews

Chapter 24

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Published: 2007-07-23 - Updated: 2007-07-24 - 1049 words

0Unrated
Alicia sighed and fell back into the grass, laughing at the feeling of the soft blades tickling her face. She inhaled deeply, able to pick out hundreds of different scents, most of them flowers. It was pleasant, comforting. Closing her eyes, she listened intently as the sounds of a nearby stream drifted past her ears. She hadn't noticed it before. The water rushing over the rocks sounded like music to her.

She heard and felt breezes weaving through the tall grasses, along with the rhythmic pounding of footsteps. She cautiously opened one eye, but could see nothing other than the stars dotting the night sky. She sat up and looked around, but the sound suddenly ceased, and the world returned to normal. Alicia reluctantly stood, not entirely trusting the silence. Something wasn't right.

Two arms latched around her waist and jerked her backwards, bringing her to the ground. Fear shot through her at first, but when she realized who it was, a wave of relief washed over her.

"Very funny, Mikey," she said as they both began laughing. Mikey allowed her to assume a sitting position, but quickly wrapped an arm around her shoulders before she could go anywhere. She wasn't complaining.

"So, why did you come back here?" he asked, realizing they were only a hundred feet or so from the cave. She smirked suddenly and fell back into the grass with her hands behind her head. Mikey did the same.

"That." She pointed to the moon. The pure white circle dipped in and out of the ragged clouds covering it, creating faint, pale rainbows of light through the dark forms. She smiled at the sight. "It's just...beautiful," she said breathlessly. Mikey smiled to himself.

"You know what else is beautiful?" he asked softly, rolling over to one side so he could see her. Alicia pretended to look confused for a second.

"No, what?" she asked jokingly, trying not to laugh.

"I'll give you a hint." He pulled her close with one arm and kissed her. She reluctantly pulled away after just a few seconds. "So...do you know yet?" he asked with a smile. She shook her head.

"Absolutely no idea," she said with a laugh. She snuggled closer to him, staring up at the sky again.

"Do you think we'll be together forever?" she asked without looking at him.

"Of course," said Mikey. "Why would you think any different?"

"I don't...it's just that...I don't want to end up like-"

"Like Gerard?" Mikey cut in. She nodded. "I don't think that's something we really need to worry about. Besides, if I ever messed this up, my brother would probably kill me for being so stupid."

"I doubt that," Alicia said with a laugh. "He doesn't seem like he would ever want to hurt anyone."

"But Frank would," he muttered under his breath. She still heard it.

"I know this is going to sound weird...but I don't think he killed Ray," she said with a frown of confusion.

"What makes you say that?" Mikey asked. She shook her head.

"I don't know for sure. I just have this feeling that he's okay."

"We can go see, if you want," he offered.

"No, it's alright. I'd rather stay here, anyway," she said with a laugh, turning to face him. He smiled.

"Me too." A cool breeze swept over them, blowing more clouds in front of the moon high above them and swirling Alicia's black hair in front of her face. Mikey delicately brushed it away with one hand and kissed her again. This time she didn't break away.
-
Bob sighed as he entered the house, locking the door behind him. His eyes darted to the unmoving form on the couch, and his heart fell as he remembered. The shock still hadn't passed.

"I can't believe Frank did this," he muttered, making his way to the kitchen. He blew a piece of hair out of his face in mild frustration. The coffee wasn't ready yet, and he needed it. He was completely exhausted. Returning to the living room and taking a seat on one of the nearby chairs, and after a few seconds of hesitation, turned on the TV. He could see Ray in the glow of the changing colors emanating from the screen. There were several cuts and bruises all over his face and arms, and a large bloodstain had soaked through the blanket covering his body.

"You've really done it this time," Bob said to him, knowing he couldn't hear. He was keeping the volume on the TV low, anyway. "I told you we should have just left her alone."

He heard a beeping noise and rose from his spot, walking into the kitchen where the smell of fresh coffee greeted him. He poured two mugs of coffee, adding sugar to one and leaving the other black. He carefully walked back to the living room and set one mug of coffee on the small table separating the couch and his chair, then poured almost half of the liquid down his throat. He needed to stay awake for the next few hours at least.

"I can't believe how different our lives have become," said Bob, more to himself than anything. "I mean, if you think about it...we did all used to be friends. Especially you and Frank." He smiled nostalgically, taking a smaller sip of coffee this time. "Both of you were pretty much crazy."

He changed the channel on the TV, getting bored with watching the news. He realized what show he was watching and smiled. 'Never thought our music would ever be on Classic Albums,' he thought. His smile suddenly faded as a different video began to play. It was almost ironic, in a sickening sort of way. 'Looks like vampires will hurt you.'

"I miss it, I guess. Being on tour and playing." He glanced at Ray again. "More than anything, though...I miss our friends."

He finished off his coffee and went to get more. When he returned, Ray still hadn't changed. He hadn't expected much.

Bob resumed his spot, waiting as patiently as he could. He would be awake all night, and still be there when Ray woke up the next morning, wondering where his coffee was.
-
The end.
Sign up to rate and review this story