Categories > Original > Horror

Chester

by lost_in_the_shuffle 2 reviews

A young girl home alone finds things aren't always what they seem.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2007-07-24 - Updated: 2007-07-24 - 419 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jill and her parents lived in the country in a old cabin. Because they were so far from town and this was before the invention of cars or telephones. Jill had no friends except for her faithful dog Chester. One day Jill's parents realized that winter would be coming soon and they were running short on supplies so they decided a trip to the nearest town was needed. Because the town was so far away, her parents would have to stay over and Jill would have to stay home and take care of the chores that needed to be done everyday. Jill waved as her parents left in the wagon, she started to feel a little frightened, but Chester licked her hand and she felt better.

Twilight fell quickly as it does in the fall and Jill lit the lamps to chase away the shadows. She had just started making herself dinner when Chester looked at the door and whimpered. Suddenly he barked twice and backed away from the door, his hackles raised. Jill felt a stab of fear dart through her and she snuck quietly toward the door. She thought she heard the soft rustle of a footstep, but couldn't be sure. She turned away from the door and screamed when she saw a flash of white dart past the window. Chester had stopped barking by this time, but his hackles where still raised as he backed further away from the door whimpering softly. Jill turned down the lamps, afraid that whoever was out there would look in and see that she was alone.

After hours passed and nothing more happened, Jill started to wonder if she had imagined it all. She began to get sleepy and finally after checking one more time to make sure the door was locked. She went to bed with Chester following behind. She had just dozed off, when she thought she heard a creaking noise like someone was walking in the house. She reached down and Chester licked her hand, reassuring her that everything was ok. Jill had just started to fall asleep again when she heard a shuffling noise. She sat up in bed and was horrified to see a ugly old man leering down at her. She shrieked Chester's name, then screamed as the old man smiled, revealing yellow rotting teeth, then held up Chester's severed head. He dropped the head with a wet thunk, then said in a cackling voice "dogs aren't the only ones that can lick hands."
Sign up to rate and review this story