Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Child Of Time

Terrible Twos

by starmage 5 reviews

The Dursley's abandoned Harry after finding him on their doorstep because of a strange transformation he goes through. Crossover with Doctor Who

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-25 - 1864 words

3Funny
A/N: I don't know much about the development of a child so I will try to write Evan as best as I can. Evan will also be a bit more advance because of his Time Lord heritage. Also I am very disappointed from the 7th Harry Potter book right now. This is for all of those who love the title Time Tot.

Chapter 3: Terrible Twos

The Doctor was running as fast as possible: as if his life depended on it. Then he saw it, the door that lead to the outside of the Tardis. He swung the door open, once outside he slammed the door shut. Pulling out his sonic screwdriver he locked the Tardis. "Ha I like to see you get me now. There is no way you will be able to open the door. And don't even think about trying to use the Tardis to go somewhere else, because I made sure it wouldn't."

"Ah Doctor what is going on?" The Doctor turns around, and smiles when he sees a familiar face.

"Jacky boy it is so good to see you. How you been, not causing too much trouble I hope." The Doctor says as he walks up to Jack. "So how long has it been and for that matter when, and where am I. I was somewhat busy when I was setting the destination so I don't really know where I landed the Tardis. "

"It hasn't been too long since the year that never was but we are somewhat in the middle of a problem here. Although you seem to have your own troubles. Which we don't need for this situation to become any worse then it already is."

"Trust me Jack whatever you are facing is nothing compared to what is running lose in the Tardis. I had forgotten how terrible the twos were. Give me Daleks or Cybermen any time over the terrible twos. Ugh I get chills just thinking about having to go back in there to deal with him. Thankfully it doesn't last forever. So what's your problem?" Jack becomes nervous from listing to what the Doctor just said. Afraid of whatever the Doctor has locked in the Tardis. Something that could cause the Doctor to want to face some of his deadliest foes. Since all he can do is deal with the situation at hand he points to behind the Doctor. The Doctor turns around to find about 30 figures closing in on them.

"Well they always say be careful what you wish for. So what are Cybermen doing here I thought they had all been gotten rid of."

"It seem the Master had gather all the Cybermen that hadn't been pulled into the void. Pretty much any that had been made on this world didn't get sucked through because they hadn't traveled through the void. He had then placed them all into storage so he can use them if the need ever arise."

"Well then this should be a piece of cake. I just have to find how the Master would have shut them down if the need ever develop." Jack couldn't believe the simple solution that the Doctor came up with. The hope he gains at the Doctor solution soon disappears when he hears a banging nose coming from the Tardis. Seeing Jacks distress the Doctor tries to reassure him. "Jack don't worry like I said before there is no way for him to get out. Now what command word would the Master have use to shut them all down."

Turning towards the Cybermen the Doctor starts shouting words. "Rossilon, that didn't work. Gallifrey, nope not that one either."

"Maybe he used a word that you wouldn't want to think of?" Ask Jack. The Doctor looks hesitant for a second before saying "Valeyard." The Cybermen continued moving towards them.

"No the word has to have some sort of significance to the Master." Reasons the Doctor.

The Doctors attention leaves the Cybermen when door to the Tardis suddenly glows. When the glow vanishes the door creaks open. "Oh no" is all the Doctor manages to say before whatever was locked in the Tardis comes rushing at the Doctor. Jack is surprised to see what appears to be the Doctor's brown coat tackling him. With a closer look, he sees that the coat is actual just being worn by something that was too small for it. Hands from within the coat move towards the Doctor. What Jack hears from the Doctor, when the small hands reach him, is something he did not expect. The Doctor starts giggling as the hands go about tickling him.

"Alright stop you win. Get of me you terror of a Time Tot." At the word Time Tot all the Cybermen shut down. Jack is surprised by what he sees. He then watches as the Doctor gets up and removes the coat that the Time Tot was covered in and puts it own. Jack stares at what he thought would be some horrid monster turning out to be just a child. The Doctor then picks up the child turning to Jack "You see what I have to deal with."

"What, but, how, I thought." Jack has no idea what to say to the sight before him.

"Evan say hello to Jack. Jack say hello to the little terror." The Doctor says happily. Evan says 'Hello Jack' and smiles brightly at him but Evan then looks at the Cybermen curiously.

"What is a Time Tot and how is that word significant to the Master?" The Doctor becomes serious at Jacks question.

"Time Tot are what Gallifreyan children are called before they achieve the title of Time Lord. For the Master this was the time before he had to look into the Time Vortex. When everything was still alright, when he wasn't yet driven insane from staring into the vortex." Jack is happy to hear that the Doctor is no longer the last of his kind. Then Jack smirks from an idea.

"I'm hurt Doctor I thought we had something going on between us. However now I see you with a Gallifreyan child which shouldn't be possible. Except if you had gotten together with one of your companions. So who was it that captured both of your hearts." Jack says jokingly to the Doctor. The Doctor looks forlornly at Evan before answering Jack.

"He is not biologically mine. I don't know who Evans parents are but that doesn't matter to me. He is my son now and nothing can change that."

"Well at least you are not alone any more." When Jack says this the Doctor is reminded of the Face of Boe last words to him.

"The last words of the Face of Boe to me were 'You are not alone.' Funny how things work out when one travels through time."

"So wait your saying that all the legends about Boe having a finale message was for you." The Doctor smiles knowingly at Jack like there is some big joke that he has yet to get in on.

"Well Jack, as much fun as it been I need to get Evan back to the Tardis." Then in a conspiratorial whisper the Doctor adds, "You know before he decides that the Cybermen would make great toy soldiers to play with."

"Now Doctor I think you are over exaggerating things. He is just a child I don't see how he can be so much trouble." Evan looks at Jack like he has issued some sort of challenge.

"You would be singing a different tune after you have to raise a child. Besides you have no idea how quickly Time Tots develop." The Doctor says warningly at Jack. Baying farewell the Doctor turns towards the Tardis. As the Doctor leaves Evan stares at Jack from over the Doctor's shoulder. Jack could almost swear that the kid smirked at him before the door of the Tardis closed.

After the Tardis leaves Jacks team finally arrives but they stop when they see him. They appear to ignore all the Cybermen in interest of staring at Jack. "About time you guys arrive but why are you all staring at me like that?

"Jack what happen to your hair?" Gwen asks. Curious what she meant Jack goes to a window to look at his reflection. What he finds is hair has turned blue: the exact same color as the Tardis. "What happen to my hair!" Jack shouts.

In the Tardis Evan laughs as the Doctor sets a new destination. Curious the Doctor looks down at Evan as he laughs. Wonder what Evan finds so funny and worried at what trouble he is going to be in now.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Albus was at a lost. In two years he has yet to find any sign of Harry. No piece of magic he tried seemed to work. Most of the time the watch that he had set to Harry showed traveling. Although it was better then those occasions where it said mortal danger. Looking up from the knock on his door he sees Minerva entering his office.

"Still nothing on Harry?" Minerva asks as she takes a seat across from Albus.

"No. Although I am happy and sad that my investigation into Barty Crouch Jr. turned up nothing. It seems that he knows nothing about Harry's disappearance. At the same time, I have no idea on explaining how the person who took Harry could past for a duplicate for Barty Jr. the man who took Harry was at the police station for over an hour so that removes the possibility of polyjuice. At the same time Barty Jr. had been busy at the ministry during the time Harry was taken. There are also no other relatives who would even bare a resemblance to Barty Jr."

"Albus you didn't reveal to Barty about Harry being missing?"

"Of course not, I had asked indirect questions so he would have no idea that Harry was missing. Still the person who took Harry had no problem passing among the muggles, that leaves out most Death Eaters."

"So basically we are still nowhere in locating Harry. What will happen when Harry is supposed to go Hogwarts? People are going to wonder where he is."

"There is no point in worrying about that until the time comes. In the mean time it is best if we put all our focus on finding Harry instead of worrying on what the future might hold."

A/N: I will be leaving Wednesday for Comic-Con. I just wish that Jack could also have come for the Torchwood panel. I actually had something different planed for the confrontation with the Cybermen. I had planed for Evan to use his magic to shrink the Cybermen for his own toy soldier set. However it felt like too much magic for Harry to be doing. After re-watching Goblet of Fire I saw David Tennant as Barty which was a surprise for me. I had no idea if I should have them with the same appearance or not. Then I read about a Doctor Who episode called The Enemy of the World which helped me make up my mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story