Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Alphabet Soup

"F" is for Father

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Collection of 26 Jakotsu-centric challenge fics. They can either be set in the feudal era or modern times. The idea is based off of Killa Kay's Gravitations short stories called "A to Z."

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bankotsu,Jakotsu - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 2688 words - Complete

0Unrated
Alphabet Soup

By kira

Author’s note: The following is a series of Jakotsu-centric challenge fics written from a list my dear friend and writing partner, Vega-chan, came up with for me. It’s is based on Killa Kay’s awesome collection of Gravitation short stories called “A to Z.” (You can find them in my favorite stories section.) Due to the nature of the word given, they can either be what I call “canon timeline” which is set before their first deaths or AU which is set in modern times and will be set in the “world” I created in my story, “Homecoming.”

FYI: A cheongsam is a dress of Southern Chinese origin, with a slit skirt and a Mandarin collar. It can have long, short or ¾ length sleeves.

The Park Hyatt is an actual Hotel in Tokyo.

An onnagata is a male Kabuki actor who specializes in women’s roles. Jakotsu gives a modern twist to this traditional art form.



“F” is for Father



“Okay! Who are you, and what have you done with Jakotsu?” Bankotsu playfully demanded as the cross-dresser emerged from the bedroom.

“Hunh?” Jakotsu stared blankly at him as he adjusted his tie.

“You certainly sound like him, although you look more like him when he’s ready for bed as that’s one of few times I get to see him without makeup. Still, I’ve never seen him in a suit and tie before, so how do I know it’s really you?” Bankotsu teased.

“Idiot!” the cross-dresser laughed. “That’s because tonight’s my father’s seventieth birthday party and if you’re going with me, you’d better move your ass and get dressed!”

“But I thought you were going to wear that pretty red cheongsam you picked up in Hong Kong two weeks ago.”

“Yeah, I was but then I figured I’d finally do as he asked and dress like a guy for once. He’s seventy, Ban, and who knows how much longer he’s going to be around?” Jakotsu said sadly.

“I know… but you never told me he had a problem with you…ummm, you know…” Bankotsu said helplessly as they went into the bedroom.

“You never asked.” Jakotsu sighed. “Ban honey, you know, I’ve spent most of my life trying to be who I am without upsetting my father and it’s never worked.”

“Yeah…?” Bankotsu took out his suit and changed his pants.

“Yup… My father could never accept the fact that his only child is a gay man who likes to wear women’s clothing and who has made a damned good career doing it too!” he said bitterly.

“Sweetness, if you don’t want to go we don’t have to. I can always call your mother and tell her you’re sick,” Bankotsu said as he unbuttoned his shirt.

“It’s okay. He’s my father for good or bad and I have to be there no matter what. So I’ve decided to give him this as his present.” He elegantly ran his hand down the front of his suit.

Bankotsu sighed. “As nice as the thought behind it is, I don’t think he’s going to be fooled for a minute, especially when we walk in together.”

“So you wear the dress,” Jakotsu said tartly.

“That’s not what I meant,” Bankotsu said as he took off his shirt and put on a clean one.

“I know…” The cross-dresser looked away sadly.

Bankotsu came up behind and silently wrapped his arms around his lover.

Jakotsu, appreciating the simple gesture, leaned his head back as he closed his eyes. He felt close to tears, and having his lover’s love and support made him almost, but not quite, dismiss the regrets he had concerning his father.

“We’d better go…” he said softly.

“Okay… then I’d better hurry and finish dressing. You gonna be okay?”

“Yeah…” Jakotsu said softly. He pulled way from his lover, and turning to face him, he kissed Bankotsu on the cheek before leaving their bedroom.

Bankotsu counted to five, and picking up his cell phone, he went into the bathroom and turned on the water. After quickly splashing some on his face and patting it dry, he took his phone and dialed Suikotsu.

“Sui? Listen to me as I don’t have much time. You know the Park Hyatt? That’s where they’re having the party for Jak’s father. Give me about ten minutes to finish getting dressed, and let yourself in and bring Jak’s red Chinese dress, shoes, and all the crap he needs to dress up as well as his makeup. I’ll call his mother and make arrangements for you. Just bring the stuff there and they’ll send it up to their room. What?” He paused as Suikotsu said something. “Hell yeah! I’ve never seen him so depressed before… I think he’d feel a lot better if he was dressed more ‘comfortably’ if you can call that comfortable. Anyway, I’ve gotta go before he comes looking for me. Thanks, Sui! I owe you one.” Bankotsu quickly hung up and made another call to his lover’s mother. He had just finished the call and had barely managed to slip his phone into his pants pocket when his lover came looking for him.

“You fall in or something?”

Bankotsu laughed as he emerged from the master bathroom. “No…” He grinned. “You know, for someone who wasn’t too keen on going, and don’t give me any crap about that not being true either, you’re sure in one big hurry to go.”

The cross-dresser shrugged, and picking up Bankotsu’s tie, he pulled his shirt collar up and draped it around his neck, before quickly tying it in a four-in-hand knot. Jakotsu flipped the collar down and lightly ran his hands across Bankotsu’s shoulders, smoothing the fabric of his shirt as well as drawing a bit of comfort from the touch. Smiling faintly, he stepped back so Bankotsu could put on his suit jacket.

Minutes later they stepped out of the apartment and headed off to the party.

888

As they walked into the Hyatt’s lobby, Jakotsu’s father spotted them and he came over to greet them. As he got closer to them his look of joy at seeing his son quickly faded into a frown.

“Happy Birthday, Dad…” Jakotsu bowed formally to his father.

“Thank you.”

“I want to wish you a Happy Birthday as well, Hibiya-san.” Bankotsu formally greeted his lover’s father. “May you live to see one hundred years and then some.”

“Thank you, Kusao-san.” The old man turned to his son. “Jackson, why are you dressed like that?”

“Hunh? Mom said it was a formal dinner party…?” Jakotsu’s confusion was clearly seen on his face.

His father made a small sound of disgust. “All my friends know my son is a famous onnagata. If they see you like this they’ll think I have two sons and this one is a good for nothing show-off in a fancy suit.” He sighed angrily. “Can’t you do anything right?”

“Apparently not!” Jakotsu said bitterly.

“Ummm… What if you went into one of the hotel shops and bought a dress and some makeup?” Bankotsu said helplessly. He hated being caught in the middle of family troubles, but even more so, he hated seeing Jakotsu’s attempts to please his father rebuffed.

Father and son as if sensing his discomfiture, turned and quickly apologized.

“Please, I saw nothing, heard nothing other than the love of a father for his son and visa versa.”

Jakotsu’s father smiled and nodded his approval. “You are very wise, Kusao-san.”

“Thank you, but I’m really an idiot who wouldn’t know a wise saying from a foolish one.”

The elder Hibiya laughed.

Jakotsu sighed. “As tempting as that sounds, it’s not going to work, Ban. I still need my waist cincher and my panties with the padding on the sides to give me some hips, and my bra and falsies, not to mention a pair of pantyhose and then there’s the whole question of shoes. I have to special order my shoes because I can’t find any in my size.” He sighed again. “No… Dad is just going to live with the shame of having an idiot for a son.”

His father snorted impatiently and Jakotsu could see he wanted to say something but he was restraining himself. “Come,” he said instead. “Let’s go before your mother starts to worry about me.” He started to head towards the private halls where the party was set up.

As they followed behind him, someone called out from behind, “Ban, Jak! Wait!!”

Turning around, they saw it Suikotsu hurrying over to them with a garment bag and a small suitcase in hand. “A little butterfly told me you needed this.” He handed the suitcase and garment bag to a startled Jakotsu, and turning to the elder Hibiya, he said, “Happy Birthday, Hibiya-san.”

“Thank you, Hirata-sensei. How have you been?”

“As well as a lazy good for nothing son like myself can be. And you?”

“As well as a man my age with a good for nothing son can be. Will you please stay and help me celebrate?”

Suikotsu sighed. “As much as I would love to, Hibiya-san, but you’ll have to forgive me, but I’m on call tonight. Instead, rejoice in the fact that you have a dutiful son who is able to be with you. If you’ll excuse me?”

“Good night, Hirata-sensei.”

“Good night, Hibiya-san, Jak, Ban.”

“’Night, Sui… and thanks,” Jakotsu whispered as he chastely brushed his lips against Suikotsu’s cheek.

“You’re welcome, but you should really be thanking Ban. Don’t ask how he knew, but he called me before you two left and asked me to bring it. Now go get changed and enjoy yourself.”

Jakotsu smiled. “Thank you, I will…”

“Good night, Sui!”

As they watched him go, Jakotsu’s father asked Bankotsu if he would mind telling his wife that they had gone up to their room, and that they would be down as soon as possible.

“Not at all, Hibiya-san. Is there anything else I can tell her?”

“No…”

888

Jakotsu and his father rode the elevator in silence punctuated only by the soft dinging of the bell that counted the floors. While the ride had seemed to take forever in the cross-dresser’s humble opinion, they were soon stepping out of it on onto the sixth floor. The silence stretched a bit more painfully between as they walked down the hall to his father’s room. Once inside, Jakotsu was pleased to note that the room was just as the hotel manager assured him it would be, simple and elegant, but not so ostentatious as to make his parents feel uncomfortable. He walked over to the bed and carefully laid the garment bag and overnighter on the bed.

Taking off his suit jacket, Jakotsu laid it out on the other bed in the room and loosened his tie.

“Is there anything I can do to help you?”

Jakotsu shook his head. “Not at the moment, Dad. I need to get undressed first.” He took off his tie and pulled his shirt out of his pants, before he started unbuttoning it. The cross-dresser laughed. “You know, I’ve done this more times than I can remember and I’ve never felt this weird before…”

His father also laughed as he sat down at the desk. “I have to admit it is strange watching one’s son get undressed.”

“You’re telling me?” Jakotsu teased. Having removed his shirt, he was now busy taking off his pants as the silence once again stretched between them.

“Please tell me you’re not wearing red silk panties…?”

“Uh, yeah…” Jakotsu tittered nervously as he blushed. “They’re ummm…” He sighed. “They’re my lucky panties, Dad.”

“Lucky panties…?” the elder Hibiya repeated slowly as if that would help him understand. He shook his head. “Don’t explain, Jackson. Just be glad your mother isn’t here to see this.”

Jakotsu laughed. “Yeah… Ummm…Dad…? I could use your help now.” He picked up the waist clincher and wrapped it around his waist. “Can you please hook that together for me? Thanks. Normally Ban does it for me.”

“Okay… It’s not too tight?”

“No, it’s supposed to be like that. You see?” Jakotsu turned to face his father and ran his hands down his sides to emphasize his tiny waist.

“Yes…”

Smiling, Jakotsu sat down on the bed and rifled through his suitcase. Finding what he was looking for, he removed a pair of panty hose and began the slow process of rolling down the leg until he reached the foot. He could still feel his father watching him intently, but somehow the previous tension seemed to have dissipated. Reaching the toe, he slipped it over his foot only to repeat the process for the other leg, before slowly pulling them on. The cross-dresser stood and grabbed the lacy black bra from the suitcase and put it on, before stuffing a pair of breast prostheses into the cups. Jakotsu checked out his new figure in the mirror as he decided whether or not to pad his hips. Having decided against it, he reached for the cheongsam. Stepping carefully into the long red silk dress, he carefully pulled it up over his body.

His father sat there, amazed, as he watched the transformation his son went through to become the media icon everyone was familiar with. Jakotsu, even without makeup, looked more like a beautiful woman in her mid-forties, than man of the same age in a dress. And when he looked over his shoulder and smiled, the elder Hibiya was reminded of his wife at that age.

“Dad, can you zip this up for me?” Jakotsu said, pulling his father from his reverie.

“Uh…? Sure,” his father said as he quickly recovered his composure.

888

Ten minutes later, Jakotsu emerged from the bathroom with his makeup case, his face carefully made up. There was an undeniable look of shock on his father’s face as he took it all in, and the cross-dresser could feel his own expression darkening, when his father smiled.

“Who knew I was the father of such a beautiful daughter?”

Jakotsu blushed as a smiled tugged at his lips. “Who knew I was the ‘daughter’ of such a wonderful father?”

“I don’t know… Now go fix your hair so we can leave.”

“Yes, sir!” He hurried over to the mirror, pulling the elastic band from his hair; Jakotsu quickly pulled his hair up into a loose chignon on top of the back of his head. Holding it in place, he rummaged around his overnighter with one hand, until he found a set of hair chopsticks. Sticking first one then the other into the bun to secure it, the cross-dresser pulled a few wispy hairs from the bottom to curl against the nape of his neck. “You sure I look okay?”

“You look beautiful, Jackson,” his father replied.

“Thank you…”

“Now let’s go before I miss my party.”

“Okay…” Jakotsu kissed the air close to his father’s face so as not to get lipstick on his cheek.

“Ja…kotsu…?” The elder Hibiya paused with his hand on the doorknob as they were about to leave.

“Yeah…?”

“Can you forgive me for being such a miserable father?”

Jakotsu looked him in the eye as he felt his own well up with tears and nodded. “Only if you can forgive me for being such a disappointing son…”

The silence briefly stretched between them.

“Fine,” Jakotsu’s father said as he opened the door. “Now let’s go before I miss my party.”

“Sounds good to me…” Jakotsu replied as they headed down to the party.

888

/Author’s end note: Next up is “G” for Generous./
Sign up to rate and review this story