Categories > Original > Fantasy > Woverin Confrontation

Chapter Three

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

The Sequel to Woverin Domination

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 495 words

0Unrated
The next morning they set out for the city, taking turns carrying Miles on their backs, so Halie could rest. Finally they arrived and Delta took Halie and Miles back to Micah's palace, while he and the trackers went to report their findings to the council.
"Don't worry," Micah said before they parted, "we'll catch the madmen who did this."
He gently cupped her face and seemed about to say more, when Lucien called him to hurry. He brushed a quick kiss on her forehead, then hurried off to the council hall.
"He's a kind soul," Halie said as she cradled Miles.
"Yes he is," Delta murmured as she touched the place where he had kissed her.

"We found this at the scene of the attack," Micah told the elders, laying the amulet down on the table. "It's the symbol of Vasilis, and as you all know, this is the type of cruelness he would commit."
The elders murmured among themselves, then the chief elder stood up. "What is it that you need us to do?" He asked.
"I need to you give me leave to raise an army and hunt this lunatic down. We need to erase him and anyone associated with him from the face of the earth. This must be done quickly, before he attacks the city or any of the Woverin villages."
The chief elder nodded, "you have our permission, Lord Micah. We trust you to do what you think is right." Then the elders, filed out of the room, dismissing the council.
Micah turned to Lucien, "take Tarin and gather the trackers and foot soldiers. We will meet in two hours to discuss the course of action we will take."
He strode out of the council hall back to his palace, and went straight to the seraglio.
"Where are Delta and Halie," he asked Melina after he entered?
Lady Halie and her son are sleeping," she answered, "lady Delta is in the gardens."
Micah thanked her and walked quickly through the French doors into the immense gardens that surrounded three parts of the palace. He finally found Delta sitting on a bench, looking sadly into the prism made by the nearby fountain. He said her name and she turned, jumping up quickly.
"What did they decide?" She asked when he walked over to join her.
"I have permission to raise an army," he said. "We will be meeting in two hours and most likely leaving in the morning. Your grandmother's death will be avenged and so will the death of all the innocent people he's killed." He looked down at Delta, "I want you to stay here, where I know you'll be safe." He said, "I don't think I could stand it if something happened to you."
She looked at him startled, "why would you care if anything happened to me?"
Micah gathered her in his arms, "because I've grown to care for you," he growled before kissing her hard.
Sign up to rate and review this story