Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

If only time flew like a dove

by lil_chica007 3 reviews

the fearless warriers return home

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2007-08-12 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 999 words - Complete

0Moving
This chapter's title is from Paramore, Hallelujah.


The tour officially ended last night and everyone was flying home this afternoon. Haley was sitting on the couch waiting for William to arrive. He had called a few minutes ago to let her know that the plane had landed and he didnt have his keys, so she shouldnt go anywhere. She was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels when the door buzzer rang. Knowing who it was, she jumped up and ran to the door.
‽Yes?” she pressed the intercom button, smiling.
‽Open the door, this stuff is heavy.” William shouted through the speaker
‽Whats the password?”
‽Just open the door!” she pressed the button to open the downstairs door and waited in the doorway to the apartment as she the elevator opened down the hall. William walked out, dragging his suitcase, talking to Pete.
‽The passwords monkeys by the way.” Haley said, folding her arms across her chest. William dropped his suitcase in the middle of the hallway and ran over to her, wrapping her in a huge hug.
‽I missed you.” He smiled.
‽I missed you too.”
‽You look great. You look like the old Haley again.” He said, pulling back and looking at her face. Pete had picked the suitcase up from where William had dropped it and was dragging it into the apartment.
‽Hey.” Haley said, moving to let him through the door.
‽Hey. I like your hair.” He smiled, making eye contact with her as he passed and William took the bag into his room.
‽Thanks.” She ran a hand through her hair. ‽Your mom is SO nice by the way.” Pete nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets. Just then, William stormed out of his room.
‽There is a rat in my room.” He said, stopping in the doorway as a small white puff stopped next to him and barked.
‽Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you I got a dog. The apartment management said it was ok as long as it was small.” Haley said.
‽Its a cotton ball with feet.” William said looking down at it.
‽Shes not a cotton ball. Shes a Pomeranian and her name is Snoopy.” Haley said, picking the dog up. ‽She likes to sleep on your bed.”
‽At least you can get one girl into your bed.” Pete laughed. William glared at him.
‽Thats not funny.”
‽Its a little funny.” Haley giggled.

Later, they were all sitting on the couch watching a movie and eating Chinese take out. Snoopy hadnt let William alone and was now curled up on his lap. Haley turned to look at Pete. ‽So, how come youre here and not at your house?”
‽Haley!” William said. ‽Dont ask him that.”
‽I didnt mean to sound mean. Just your family is pretty cool, and I would have thought youd want to see them after youve been gone.” Pete chuckled.
‽Theyre alright. But my grandparents are visiting, and the house was a little crowded.”
‽Yeah, your grandmother seems a little intense.” Haley cringed.
‽Tell me about it! Every time I see her, its When are you going to get married? Whos going to marry you looking like that? I want great-grandkids, Im not getting any younger.”
‽Harsh.” William laughed.
‽So whats new with you? I mean besides the hair.” Pete asked Haley, flicking a strand of her hair.
‽And this.” William poked Snoopy, who just yawned, stretched and curled back up in his lap.
‽Aww, I think you have a new girlfriend.” Pete laughed.
‽Well, nothing much. Ive decided to reinvent myself, starting with the hair. I tried to teach myself to play the guitar, but it didnt work out too well.”
‽You tried to teach yourself?” Pete raised an eyebrow. Haley nodded.
‽I got a book, and a DVD. But they didnt work. My fingers kept getting in the way of the strings. I even filed my nails down to little stubs.” She held out her hands, showing them her nails. William took hold of her hand and turned her arm around.
‽You got your stitches out.”
‽Yeah, and there are barely any scars.” She rubbed her wrist along the line of a faint pink scar. She folded her hands in her lap and shrugged her shoulders. ‽So, thats about it.”
‽So what happened with the guitar?” William asked.
‽I quit. Its under my bed.”
‽You might want to try the bass.” Pete suggested.
‽Thats just because you play bass.” William leaned over Haley to look at him.
‽No, its easier. Theres only 4 strings. Your fingers wont get tangled.” Pete laughed.
‽Ok. Do you want to teach me?”
‽Sure.”
‽Because, I have learned that the books are crap.” She pointed a finger in the air to emphasize her point.

They finished their dinner and watched the end of the movie as well as a rerun on Saturday Night Live on Comedy Central before Pete decided it was time to go home and face the rents. He made Haley promise to come by tomorrow for a bass lesson so he could get out of running errands with his mom and grandparents. William had gone to bed and Haley was sitting in her room checking her email. She had 1 email from Sisky:

Just because were home, dont think you can stop myspacing
Sincerely,
Adam T. Siska

Haley laughed and, just for Sisky, posted a picture of William scrunching up face as Snoopy licked his cheek. William had kicked the dog out of his room when he went to bed, and she had been sitting outside his door barking for the past 20 minutes. Haley leaned over to look out the door and across the hall as Williams door opened a crack and he stuck his head out, his hair sticking up all over the place. He looked down at Snoopy and shook his head. ‽Come on.” He went back in his room, leaving the door open a little and Snoopy followed with her tail wagging.
Sign up to rate and review this story