Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

I'm Real

by killxsmile 3 reviews

it's not gossip if it's the truth...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 1258 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: While waiting for the triumphant return of ficwad, I spent a lot of time blasting my iPod and trying to get through a sever case of writer's block. Thankfully, I managed to get some stuff done.

Hugs go out to the following:
FreakOfNature
dflip07
fobgal1
i_heart_cliches

THEM > you. =P

Chapter 22: I'm Real

People screamin' "What's the deal with you and so-and-so?" I tell them bitches "Mind your business." They don't hear me though.
-The Starting Line

Emi's POV

"Ugh, Tyson, put me down!" I was in the middle of a conversation with Patrick when I found myself thrown over someone's shoulder. It was already a week into the tour and he still found new ways to annoy the hell out of me. " What are you doing?!"
"Scavenger hunt," he replied, running down the hall.
"What do I have to do with that? "
"I had to find a sarcastic Asian. "
"You've got to be kidding me..."As we turned a corner, he pulled a list out of his pocket and handed it to me.

1 Clandestine t-shirt
1 Butter t-shirt
1 drumstick (wood or chicken)
1 bottle of water
1 sarcastic Asian
1 pair of panties
1 scrunchie from a merch girl
2 different colored Chucks (people or shoes)
1 piece of clothing from another band on tour

"I figured that I'd kill 2 birds with one stone...You're wearing underwear, right? " I elbowed him in the back. "I take that as a yes. "
"You can put me down, you know. "
"Well that would take the fun out of it. "
"Ugh, when you find everything, will you put me down? "
"Maybe. " I let out a sigh.
"What do you have so far?"
"Scrunchie, Asian and her panties. "
"Well I'm wearing my green Chucks, so you can cross one of those off..."

About 20 minutes later we had gathered all of the stuff. Stole a drumstick from Chris, a bottle of water from Nick, a purple Chuck from Jack, shirts from the merch booth, and Travi's BBC hoody. Then of course, I was slung over his shoulder. He carried all of the stuff, including me, to the 'base' a.k.a. dressing room 1.

"I win, he said, putting me down. A few minutes later, Andy and Pete came in, then Nick and Christina, then Travis and Matt."
"Where the hell were we supposed to find another sarcastic Asian? " Christina asked.
"Finders keepers. " Tyson wrapped his arms around my waist. I played along and kissed his cheek. "I believe that you all owe me $20, " he said turning to the group.

They all took out their wallets and handed him the money. "Andy, Pete, Travis and Matt, you guys get the privilege of carrying the Rejects onto the stage today. " Various groans emitted from the four.
"Oh joy. "

Christina smirked and motioned for me to come over. Before I left, Tyson handed me half of his winnings.
"What's this for? " I asked.
"Being your lovable, sarcastic self. "
"Thank you, I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. " I gave him a hug then made my way toward Christina. While the boys talked about music, boobs and whatever else boys talk about, we wandered throughout the venue.

"Seriously, what's up with you and Tyson? "
"Nothing. "
"You're kidding , right? "
"No..." I said, wondering where this conversation was going. "What are you getting at? "
"Just seems that you two have been really flirty lately. "
"That's just how we are. Tyson flirts, I flirt. It's meaningless. "
"Sure about that? "
"Trust me, " I said, playing with the beads on my bracelet. "I'm just your run of the mill trainwreck. Why would Tyson choose damaged goods if he could have a supermodel? "
"Because supermodels are so last year, " she replied. "...And trainwrecks are much more attractive than you think. "
"Huh? " I raised my eyebrow in confusion.
"You're one of those adorable kids that everybody wants to save. "
"Since when is emotional baggage a turn on? "
"I dunno, but you'd be surprised... Speaking of emotional baggage, Tyson mentioned that you and the Drama King himself had a past. "
"You talking about Pete? "
"The one and only. "
"Well, we dated a while ago, back when they used to play shows for crowds of 50 at Knights of Columbus halls…" I hopped onto the coat check counter and dangled my feet.
"I've known you for the past two years. How hasn't that come up before?"
"You never asked, " I replied, shrugging my shoulders.
"So what was he like back then? " she asked, taking a seat next to me.
"He was a sweet kid. Surprisingly romantic and cheesy at times, but overall he was just a really fun guy to be with. Our dates consisted of things like paint balling, laser tag and goofing off in general. " I couldn't help but smile when I thought about the past. "It was great. "
"The boy sounds perfect..."
"Well, he was arrogant and stubborn, too, " I added. "But that's just part of his charm. "
"Sounds like guys were really happy. Mind if I ask what happened? "
"I got accepted into Berkley. He stayed in Chicago. The rest is history..."

*
There was still more than an hour before the doors opened and I was getting restless. Watching roadies and guitar techs set up wasn't too exciting, so I decided to explore the venue. iPod blasting in my pocket, I wandered around. As Hellogoodbye flowed through my ear buds, I got lost in Forrest's voice. I swear, that boy was magical.

"My Bonnie lies over the ocean. My Bonnie lies over the sea. Every night at 2 AM I wonder 'why can't she lie close to— " Mid-song I bumped into a rather warm wall. Looking up, I saw Travis laughing at me. "Oh, sorry! "
"No problem. Grooving to Bonnie Taylor Shakedown, I see. "
"You know it. " He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we continued walking.

"So how's the tour been treating you? " I asked.
"Very nicely. Crowds are wild every night. Dirty keeps us all amused...But I haven't seen much of you lately. The Rejects are hogging you all to themselves."
"I assure you that there's enough Ikuhara to go around. "
"You're sure? "
"Positive. In fact, I deem the next hour Travi Time, " I said, looking up at him. He chuckled and hugged me closer to his side as we made our way down the corridor.

"What have you been up to in Cali? Still dating that surfer boy? "
"Adam? Nah, we broke up a few months ago. I should have known that his first love would always be the water..."
Shit, I'm sorry. "
"No, don't worry about it. I'll be going to shows almost every day for the next three weeks. I'm bound to meet a cute boy on the barricade. "
"He'll have to meet up to my standards though, " he said protectively.
"Don't you trust my taste? "
"I trust you. It's those crazy dudes in the pit that I don't trust"
"I think I can hold my own. "
"You're tiny, Em. I can't help but worry about you. "
"Compared to you, everyone's tiny, " I said. "You're /6'5", 200 plus and so sexy/."

He laughed at how I quoted his lyrics.

"Okay, okay, I'll drop the subject, " he said.
"Thank you. "
"But one more thing..."
"Yeah? "
"Did you really date Pete? " I half-sighed, half-laughed.
"Does everyone know about that now? "
"Is that a yes? "
"Yes, I dated Pete. " Travi's eyes went wide. "It was back when I was in high school and Fall Out Boy was nothing more than a group of boys goofing off in Joe's basement. "

*
Reviews = love.
Sign up to rate and review this story