Categories > Anime/Manga > Rurouni Kenshin > Bliss - Healing Hands

Day 2

by Scarred_Sword_Heart 0 reviews

This chapter is a major revision. The original Day 2 was way too emo and melodramatic for my taste and Kenshin and Kaoru were a bit OOC in it. This keeps them more in character, in my humble opinion.

Category: Rurouni Kenshin - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kaoru,Kenshin - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 334 words - Complete

0Unrated
Day 2

The second day passed much like the first. Megumi came over bright and early and made breakfast for everyone. While Megumi cared for Yahiko, Kaoru tended to Kenshin, then helped Megumi change his bandages. Kenshin spent the rest of the day asleep. He seemed the tiniest bit better today, seeming to not be in as much pain as yesterday. He was able to keep his food down, which certainly was helping him to regain strength.

Kaoru kept a silent vigil over Kenshin's futon as he slept deeply, just as she had in Kyoto after his grave injuries from his battle with Shishio. Kenshin was perfectly still save for the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed evenly and deeply. In Kyoto, his sleep had been fitful and his breathing shallow. So even though it was hard to see Kenshin injured again so soon after recovering from the Shishio ordeal, this wasn't anywhere nearly as nerve wracking. Kenshin would be fine if he would just be allowed sufficient time to recover and gain back his strength before the next adversary dropped by to turn their lives upside down.

Kaoru was startled from her reverie by movement from the futon and a low cry. Kenshin was beginning to thrash, his face contorted as another nightmare began to take root in his mind. Kaoru reached out and softly touched Kenshin's brow, gently smoothing back his thick bangs. This seemed to help a bit; Kenshin stopped thrashing. He did however continue to moan. Kaoru added low humming to the stroking. The combination of her touch and her voice did the trick. Kenshin's body relaxed and his features became more peaceful as he retreated back into deep sleep. Kaoru gradually stopped stroking his bangs and humming and then slowly pulled back a bit, regarding the beautiful sleeper before her.

"I love you," she said in a dropped voice, meant for only the wind to hear.

A smile graced Kenshin's features even as he continued to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story