Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Flipped: A different Inuyasha story

Episode 7: Kagome's Secret

by animecrazedgirl 0 reviews

A secret? Hm... I wonder what it could be...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 3058 words - Complete

0Unrated
Japanese wording

Oi: hey

Doryoku-mamoru: Power-protect

Aoi kaminari: Blue thunder

Inabakari tate: Lightning shield

Kaji tsume: Fire claw

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I never will! When will you guys get that in your head?! Now on to the next chap! Whispers: I own Inuyasha. Lawyers glare through window. I said I don't own it! I don't own it! Lawyers smile and go away. Stupid lawyers.

-----------------------------

Episode 7: Kagome's Secret

Kirara had been with them for a few days and they were probably the most irratating few days of Kagome's life.

The whole time, Kirara would keep fawning over Inuyasha, the oblivious idiot, not even noticing, and sending Kagome glares and smirks. It ahnnoyed the hell out of her!

Kagome looked at where Kirara sat close to Inuyasha as they ate lunch, silently fuming. But yesterday, was when Kagome snapped.

------Flashback------

It had been normal at first, Inuyasha was walking in front with Kirara while Kagome was glaring in the back. When suddenly, Kirara had shot a smirk over her shoulder. She started to act as if she was really tired, making a breathing a little heavier.

Inuyasha noticed and looked at her. "You okay, Kirara?"

She looked up and said," Of couse. I'm fine."

"You sure?" he asked.

Kirara gave a tired smile, adding to the act and said," Don't worry. I'll be okay."

Inuyasha watched her falter in her step and said," I could carry you, if you're tired."

"Oh no", said Kirara," I wouldn't want to be a burden."

"You wouldn't be", said Inuyasha.

"Well", said Kirara, looking over her shoulder with a sly smile," If you insist."

Inuyasha picked her up putting her on his back, and Kirara wrapped her arms around his neck, smirking triumphantly at Kagome, who had been unconciously growling which now got louder.

Inuyasha hearing the growls, looked over his shoulder. "Oi, Kagome!"

"What?" she snarled.

"What's up with the growls?" said Inuyasha," You sense a demon or something?"

"No!" Kagome snapped.

"Geez", said Inuyasha, glaring," You don't have to bite my head off!"

Kagome was silent and she turned her head, glaring.

Inuyasha looked at her a while more before turning his head back to the front and frowning.

'That's weird', Inuyasha thought,' Ever since Kirara joined us, she's been almost acting. . . .jealous...' He shook his head. 'That's not possible. Why would she be jealous? I mean, if you were jealous that would mean you'd have to care about the person and that can't be true because she's still hung up over that Sesshoumaru guy.' Inuyasha saddened. 'Why the hell am I sad?! I don't care! I really mean it! I don't care!'

But the sad feeling wouldn't leave him.

--------End Flashback-------

Kagome continued to glare at Kirara, as she angrily tore into her sandwitch. Kirara just smirked as she got closer to Inuyasha who sat oblivious.

Inuyasha heard the low unconcious growl coming from Kagome. 'She's been doing that a lot', Inuyasha thought,' Hmph. Why should I care if she growls or not?' He frowned. 'I don't, that's what. End of story.'

When everyone was done, they headed off again.

---------------------

Soon enough, the sun got lower in the sky.

Inuyasha looked back at Kagome who seemed a bit nervous, unsteady, and. . . maybe a little frightened?

Inuyasha was puzzled.

'Why would she be frightened?' Inuyasha thought,' Can she sense something I can't?'

Inuyasha pondered over it as they walked.

Suddenly, Kirara sniffed the air and said," I smell a demon."

Inuyasha watched as Kagome looked suprised, before sniffing and looking angry.

'What's up with Kagome?' Inuyasha thought,' She should have been able to smell the demon first. What's wrong?'

Suddenly, Inuyasha stiffened. "I sense a jewel shard."

Kagome's face seemed to become more unsteady and he thought he saw fear flashing in her eyes but he wasn't sure because a he suddenly heard something like a large creature slithering on the floor.

"You have jewel shardsss", it hissed.

Inuyasha looked around, trying to figure out where the voice was coming from.

"I want them", it said," Give them to me!"

He heard something slither across the ground and saw a large black snake with blood red eyes. The low sun, making them glow like fire.

"You can't have them!" shouted Inuyasha, unsheathing Doryoku-mamoru.

"I ssshall get them", said the snake," Whether you wisssh it or not!"

It headed for Inuyasha. He swung Doryoku-mamoru but the snake dodged. Then, the snake suddnely hissed in pain as it turned towards Kagome, who had her claws in front of her.

"Back off!" she said, growling.

"I think i'll kill you firssst", said the snake, narrowing it's eyes," Then, i'll get the shardsss!"

The snake slithered towards her and Kagome got ready to attack when suddenly, she stiffened and started to pulse.

"No", Kagome murmered, her face strickened," Not now. Why does it have to be now?"

"Kago-", said Inuyasha, when the pulses started to get faster.

Inuyasha watched in the light of the half moon as Kagome's eyes darkened becoming a night blue. Her claws receded becoming human nails and her fangs dissapeared too. Then most of all, the ears on top of her head, started to move downwards, changing and rounding until they were human ears on the sides of her head. Then, there was one last resounding pulse before it was silent.

Inuyasha and Kirara looked at her in shock.

The snake gave a sinister smile and said," Well, what do we have here? A hanyou turned human? Now, it'll be ssso much easier to kill you. Now you can't esscape!"

The snake lunged at Kagome, who tried to dodge but the snake caught her arm, it's fangs piercing it. Kagome's eyes widened as she cried out in pain, and collapsed to the ground, clutching her arm.

"Now, that you have my venom in your veins", said the snake," you will die!"

"Aoi kaminari!"

The snake suddenly cried out in pain as there was a loud booming noise and the snakes scales rippled, as it was torn and shattered from the inside. It gave one last cry before it crashed to the ground, leaving Inuyasha standing with Doryoku-mamoru, breathing heavily.

"Well, that's new", he said, before he remembered something. "Kagome!"

He sheathed Doryoku-mamoru and ran to her side.

He remembered what happened before the snake and said,"Kagome, what happened? You're. . . You're. . "

Kagome smiled. "Uh, yeah. About that. . ."

Before she could continue she clutched her arm again as she gritted her teeth.

"Kagome!" he said. Then he noticed the fang marks. "It bit you and didn't it say something about venom?"

Kagome chuckled nervously before she gave another grunt of pain.

"Mistress Kagome!"

Kagome turned to her shoulder and saw Korogi on her shoulder.

"Hey Korogi", she said, giving another wince.

"Why did you not tell us it was your human night?" said Korogi.

"Human night?" said Inuyasha.

"Yes", said Korogi," Every half demon has a night where their human blood becomes dominant, overpowering the demon blood, making them human. It seems Mistress Kagome's is on the half moon."

Inuyasha turned to Kagome. "Kagome! Why didn't you tell me? Now you're hurt."

"Sorry", said Kagome, softly, before she collapsed to the ground.

"Kagome!" said Inuyasha, lifting her into his arms as he kneeled beside her.

"Please don't tell me she got bit by that snake", said Korogi.

"She got bit by the snake", said Inuyasha, looking at Kagome, worriedly.

"Oh dear", said Korogi", This isn't good. That snake demon has venom in it's fangs and Mistress Kagome can't heal as easily on her human night. She could die."

Inuyasha's eyes widened. "What can we do? We have to do something!"

"I smell a village nearby", said Kirara," I could take us there."

"How?" said Inuyasha.

"I gained my true form early", she said, before becoming engulfed in flames.

Inuyasha's eyes widened as he saw her replaced with a large, saber toothed cat demon. Kirara motioned for them to get on her back.

Inuyasha nodded and gently picked Kagome up and put her on before getting on behind her.

"We must hurry", said Korogi," The venom spreads fast."

Kirara took off into the sky, flying over the trees, flames licking at her feet.

-------------------

They soon made it to the otter rim of the village. Inuyasha got off Kirara, with Kagome in his arms and went to one of the huts, and knocked.

There was noise inside of the hut and the bamboo mat was swept aside reavealing an elderly woman.

She opened her mouth to speak but Inuyasha interrupted, saying," Where's the healer of your village? She got bit by a snake demon."

The woman looked at Kagome and the fang marks on her arms and nodded. "I am the village healer. Come in and I will help your friend."

Inuyasha walked in with Kirara following behind him who had changed back. The woman frowned slightly but said nothing. She led Inuyasha to a futon in the back of the room and he set her down.

The woman pushed back Kagome's sleeve to look at the wound and said," This is a bad wound but I can give her some herbs to help with the venom and I can bound her arm above the wound to keep it from spreading to her heart."

"So she's gonna be okay", said Inuyasha," right?"

The woman got the herbs and bandages before returning to Kagome's side to heal her.

"I cannot be certain", said the woman," It all depends on how much the venom has spread and if it's not to late."

Inuyasha bit his lip and looked at Kagome. The woman put the herbs on the wound and wrapped a bandage tightly above the wounds before getting up.

"Where're you going?" said Inuyasha.

"I've done all I can", said the woman," All we can do is wait now."

She went through a flap and into another room in the hut. Inuyasha just laid against the wall, watching Kagome.

-------------------

A while later, Kirara was asleep in the corner but Inuyasha was still awake watching Kagome. Kagome's forehead had beads of sweat on it and she was running a fever. The woman had left a bucket of water and damp cloth to help cool the fever.

Inuyasha took the cloth and dipped it in the water before putting it on her head, just as the woman had instructed him to. Kagome, gave a low moan and her eyes opened halfway, slightly dazed.

"Kagome, you're awake", said Inuyasha.

She turned to him, cheeks flushed with the fever.

"Inu. . .yasha?" she said.

"Yeah", he said," It's me."

She smiled, slightly, before it dissapeared and she looked up at him. "Inuyasha. . ."

"What?", he asked.

"Why do you... look so relieved?" she said.

Inuyasha looked at her, suprised by the question. He thought a bit.

"Well...", he said," because. . . I was. . . I thought you were gonna die. I. . . I was. . ."

"You were what?", she said, softly.

"I. . .", said Inuyasha.

He paused. "I was. . . scared. . ."

"You were. . . scared?", said Kagome.

Inuyasha realized what he had said and blushed lightly, looking away. "Well. . . yeah."

Kagome smiled slightly and said," Hey Inuyasha."

He looked at her. "What?"

"Could you. . .", she said," Would you hold me?"

"What?" said Inuyasha.

"Could you hold me until I fall asleep. . ." she said.

He looked at her, as if trying to decide if he heard right.

". . .please?. . ."

With that, he nodded and pulled her gently into his arms, cheeks tinged with pink the whole time.

Kagome smiled softly, closing her eyes, and moving a bit closer. Inuyasha's blush got darker as he thanked that she couldn't see him.

"Hey Inuyasha", she said.

"What?" he said.

"I think I like this", she murmered.

Inuyasha looked at her in suprise, before it hit him what she had said and he blushed.

When he heard her breathing even out, signaling she was asleep, he leaned back against the wall, her head on his chest and said, smiling softly," I think so too."

----------------

Inuyasha suddenly woke up, finding that it was coming closer to sunrise.

'When did I fall asleep?' Inuyasha thought,' And what woke me up?'

Inuyasha then realized Kagome was still in his arms and blushed. It was only then that he heard the crys and shouts coming from outside. Inuyasha got up, setting Kagome down, just as the woman came inside.

"What's going on?" he said.

"There is a snake demon", said the woman.

Inuyasha groaned. "Great. Just what we need. Another snake demon."

He unsheathed Doryoku-mamoru and went to the door, pushing the mat aside, stepping outside.

Sure enough, there was a big black snake demon, with red eyes, terrorizing the villagers. But then, it turned to him, narrowing it's eyes.

"You!" it cried.

"Yeah, me", said Inuyasha," What do you want?"

"You killed my mate", it hissed," Now you ssshall die!"

It lunged for him but he jumped out of the way, making it hit the ground. As it got up, his eyes widened.

"You have two jewel shards", he said.

"Why yesss", it said," One is my own and one was a little gift that I found at the sssight of my mate'sss death."

'Crap!' Inuyasha thought,' I was so worried about Kagome, I completely forgot to get the jewel shard! Idiot!'

The creature lunged at him again and he tried to hit it with Doryoku-mamoru but it moved out of the way, wrapping itself around him.

He grunted in pain but said," Inabakari tate!"

His sword, shot lightning from it and the snake uncoiled itself from around him and he crashed to the ground.

He got up, the snake looking at him angrily. "I will kill you!"

It slithered towards him again and Inuyasha once again tried to hit it but it knocked away Doryoku-mamoru, coiling around him once again.

"Now you ssshall die", it hissed in his ear, making him shudder.

Suddenly, it cried out in pain, uncoiling around him. Inuyasha got up again and turned to see who it was.

Kagome stood there, still human, with an arrow in her hand, bloodied at the tip.

"I may be useless with the bow without it's powers", she said," but the arrows still hurt."

"Kagome", said Inuyasha.

She looked at him and smirked. "I can't turn away from you without you getting in trouble, can I?"

"Perfect. Now I can kill two humansss."

Kagome turned to the demon and said," If anyone's gonna die, it's you."

"We'll sssee about that", said the snake, coiling itself around Kagome.

"You must be a pathetically weak human", it said," You didn't even put up a fight. You're perfectly useless."

Kagome just smirked and said," You're gonna regret that."

Behind her the sun started to rise, as she started to pulse. Her eyes becoming light, turning into their usual light brown. Her fingernails growing and sharpening becoming claws. Her human ears pointed and started to move upwards, becoming to furry black dog ears on her head, as they twitched.

Kagome grinned at the demon, revealing her fangs. "Time to say goodbye. Kaji tsume!"

Flames emitted from Kagome's claws, causing the snake to cry out in agony, releasing her.

Before, the snake could attack again, she grabbed an arrow, notching it to her bow. She narrowed her eyes in concentration as it glowed green before releasing it, hitting it right in the center of the head.

The demon's head went back in a silent scream as it suddenly, collapsed to the ground.

Inuyasha went and got the jewel shards out of it's forehead, making sure not to forget them this time, before turning to Kagome.

"Kagome, you're. . .", he said," you're okay. But what about. . ."

Kagome waved it off and said," Don't worry about it. Now that i'm not human anymore, it'll heal faster."

"Well", said Inuyasha," alright then. If you're sure..."

"I'm positive", she said.

Inuyasha nodded.

-----------------

Soon, Kagome, Inuyasha, and Kirara headed off again.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome's back and thought,' Did that really happen last night? Kagome acted so. . . different.'

---------Flashback--------

"Kagome, you're awake", said Inuyasha.

She turned to him, cheeks flushed with the fever.

"Inu. . .yasha?" she said.

"Yeah", he said," It's me."

She smiled, slightly, before it dissapeared and she looked up at him. "Inuyasha. . ."

"What?", he asked.

"Why do you... look so relieved?" she said.

Inuyasha looked at her, suprised by the question. He thought a bit.

"Well...", he said," because. . . I was. . . I thought you were gonna die. I. . . I was. . ."

"You were what?", she said, softly.

"I. . .", said Inuyasha.

He paused. "I was. . . scared. . ."

"You were. . . scared?", said Kagome.

Inuyasha realized what he had said and blushed lightly, looking away. "Well. . . yeah."

Kagome smiled slightly and said," Hey Inuyasha."

He looked at her. "What?"

"Could you. . .", she said," Would you hold me?"

"What?" said Inuyasha.

"Could you hold me until I fall asleep. . ." she said.

He looked at her, as if trying to decide if he heard right.

". . .please?. . ."

With that, he nodded and pulled her gently into his arms, cheeks tinged with pink the whole time.

Kagome smiled softly, closing her eyes, and moving a bit closer. Inuyasha's blush got darker as he thanked that she couldn't see him.

"Hey Inuyasha", she said.

"What?" he said.

"I think I like this", she murmered.

---------End flashback----------

'Why would she say something like that?' thought Inuyasha,' She's never that nice. It was so weird. Did it really happen? Was I imagining it? Or was the fever causing her to hallucinate and not act herself? Or even maybe. . . was it because she had become human? I don't get it. She actually asked me to hold her. Is it possible that. . .'

Just then, Kagome looked over her shoulder at him agitatedly.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" she said," If you got a problem, why don't you just come out and say it?"

'Now that's the old Kagome', Inuyasha thought, smiling.

"Now why are you smiling?" she said," Now you're just ahnnoying me!"

"Stop yelling at Inuyasha!" said Kirara.

"Shut up, pipsqueak!" Kagome growled.

"Make me!" said Kirara.

"Alright", said Kagome, cracking her knuckles.

Inuyasha sighed. "Kagome, stay."

Thump.

"Hee hee hee."

"Shut up."
Sign up to rate and review this story