Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Flipped: A different Inuyasha story

Episode 22: Unexpected Reunion

by animecrazedgirl 0 reviews

So, we learn a little more about our infamous villian Narakuna and... a certain taijiya has a very unexpected reunion with someone...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Kanna,Miroku,Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 2896 words - Complete

0Unrated
Japanese Volcabulary:

Hai: Yes

Onee-san: A formal way of saying Older sister

imoto: little sister or younger sister

nii-san: way of saying older brother

taijiya: slayer

hanyou: half demon

--------------------------

Episode 22: Unexpected Reunion

The room was dark and eerie, shadows creeping along the walls. It was empty except for a girl, looking 19 in age, her mahogany eyes, flashing in the darkness. A black cloak clothed her body, blending with the wavy black hair that fell down her back. She sat silently, staring at a mirror at her side. Strangely enough, it did not show her reflection, but a scene far away with a strange group portrayed in it as they traveled.

Suddenly, her pointed elven-like ears, flicked slightly as her eyes drifted to a sliding door behind her, shining amusedly. "Is there something that you want?"

The shoji door slid open revealing another girl standing there, but younger in appearance, closer to 18. She had black hair just like the woman in the room, but hers was pulled up into a short ponytail on top of her head with a green band, two feathers sticking from it. Her scarlet orbs glanced at the woman as if she had something to say but she was silent. Her lips were covered in red lip paint, two green beaded earrings in her ears with tufts of black cloth at the tips. A white mid-shin kimono, revealing bare feet, clothed her, thick diagonal red stripes running through it. Underneath was a blue inner-kimono, a golden obi around her waist. Held loosely by her side, was a white fan, a curved red stripe along the top.

"I ask again," said the first woman," Is there something you want, Kagura?"

Kagura furrowed her brows, glancing one more with the ruby orbs, but this time she spoke.

"Hai, Onee-san."

Narakuna's lips curved into a slight smirk as she answered her younger sibling. "And what would that be, imoto?"

Kagura stepped forward until she was even beside her sister, and glanced down at the mirror Narakuna had been gazing at. "I see that you're watching that female hanyou and her strange group of humans, again." She turned her gaze to her older sibling, curiously. "Yet, you haven't sent another demon after them with a jewel shard since before you gave Kikyou that other shard. I don't understand."

Narakuna smirked. "My poor ignorant imoto. That is because I have something much bigger in mind, now. Besides..." She lifted her hand up to gaze at the large chunk of the Celestial jewel she had in her possesion. "I no longer wish to let them gain any more shards. Less than half is left out there now."

Narakuna looked admiringly at the jewel. "Amazing how many shards you can find with a few stupid demons and a little... persuasion."

Kagura glanced from where she had been staring at the jewel to Narakuna. "Why do you care this much about this jewel? Is it that important that 15 years ago, you had to kill one person and have another sealed?"

Narakuna glanced up at her little sister, amusedly. "I didn't do all that for this jewel. I just wanted to turn Sesshoumaru against that half breed." She glanced back down at the jewel. "The jewel was just a bonus." She smirked. "It's even better that Sesshoumaru now hates her enough to kill her."

Kagura shook her head silently in exasperation at her older sibling. 'If Narakuna can't have someone, no one can, even if she ends up killin' the guy she wanted in the first place. That's the way my Onee-san loves... ' She glanced again at the demoness. 'Why did I have to get the weird, crazy sister?'

"Kagura."

The demoness turned her attention back to the subject of her thoughts. "Hai?"

Narakuna smirked, glancing up at her younger sibling. "My plan is ready to be set into action."

Kagura lifted an eyebrow, in silent question.

Narakuna merely smirked once more, turning back to the mirror where the figures walked along a dirt path. "I want you to go into the back and bring me...."

Her mahogany eyes flashed. "...the girl."

Kagura's brows lifted in realization and nodded. "I see."

----------------------------------

The said strange group, spoken of earlier, was walking down a dirt path, a village close ahead.

"Look! It's a village!" Kirara cried out, pointing.

"Well, that's a nice change," Sango smiled. "Maybe we could stay at an Inn for the night."

"It wouldn't be a bad idea to see if anyone's heard of any shard rumors, either," Miroku replied.

Inuyasha looked down at the small jar of jewel shards clutched in his hand. "Speaking of the jewel shards... is it just me or does it seem like we haven't found a single jewel shard in a VERY long time."

Kagome glanced over at the shards, brows lifted in disbelief. "You mean that's all we have?! Seven little shards?!"

"It's not THAT bad," Sango said.

Kagome stared at her disbelieving. "Inuyasha and I started our search more than a month ago. How can you say that's not that bad?"

Sango winced. "Okay. Maybe it is that bad."

Kagome put her hands to her face and leaned her head back with a groan. "Come on. There has to be at least a hundred shards in all. How can we have only seven?!"

"You musn't forget that Narakuna has jewel shards, too," Miroku pointed out. "She must have been collecting them as well."

Kagome groaned. "Yeah. She might as well have half of it already."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes but couldn't keep his lips from quirking at the corners. "Stop pouting, Kagome. We'll find more jewel shards, no prob. Right now, we might as well check out the village."

Kagome frowned and looked ahead at the village. "Whatever," came her reply.

The group soon found themselves walking through the village searching for a place to stay, before asking around. Miroku was taking up the rear but stopped when he heard a voice call out.

"Nii-san!"

Miroku turned his head, half expecting to see Kanna running towards him, but instead was met with the sight of a small dark haired girl, no older than Kanna, rushing towards a dark brown haired boy, a bit younger than himself. The boy turned and smiled at the little girl as she wrapped her short arms around his leg, the highest she could reach. He smiled down at her with her smiling brightly back.

Miroku watched, remembering how that once used to be.

'Nii-san', Kanna smiled.

"Kanna," Miroku whispered, sadly.

"Miroku?"

The taijiya started and turned to look at Sango, watching him, concerned. "Are you alright?"

He blinked but then nodded. "Hai. I'm fine."

She didn't look like she believed him but nodded. "Come on. The others are waiting for us." Then, she turned heading back to where their companions waited.

Miroku turned his head and watched the brother and sister a moment longer before following after Sango.

'Oh, Kanna...'

------------------------------

SMACK!

Sango growled in frustration as she stalked into their Inn room, away from the poor confused man holding his bright red cheek.

"I am so sick of this!!" The female monk cried out in frustration," Everywhere I go, I end up getting groped by some stranger I don't even know!! I swear all men are perverts! They just make me wanna..."

Sango gritted her teeth, thinking through the worst possible things she could do before crying out angrily again. "Oooohhhh!!!!! I can't think of anything bad enough!"

Nearby, her companions watched her rant and rave, pacing back and forth, from their place on the floor. They had eventually found an Inn to stay at but not before quite a few villagers fell to Sango's temper. It seemed there were a lot of men in the village who hadn't found love...

Kirara sighed and muttered," This happens everytime we go into a new village."

Kagome shook her head. "Geez. You think she'd be used it by now."

Both male companions kept quiet so as not to bring the wrath of the current men-hating female in front of them. Though, Miroku really wasn't paying attention to Sango's rant as his mind was back to the scene he had watched earlier and the memories it brought.

'It's still hard to believe I'll never see Kanna,' Miroku thought sadly. 'My little sister... I promised I'd be there to protect her...'

"What brought this on?" Miroku asked," I'll be here to protect you. If someone wants to harm you, they'll have to get through me first."

'Hm,' Miroku thought, smiling sadly. 'But I wasn't there to protect her... and I know I continue to pay the price with my guilt and my sorrow...'

He closed his eyes as his smile faded. 'I can never forgive myself and there's nothing I can do to take back what happened...' He opened his eyes again. '...but at least I can avenge her with Narakuna's death.'

Miroku saddened further as he closed his eyes once more. 'I'm so sorry Kanna...'

-------------------------

It was night and all was dark. The only light came from the waning crescent above but nobody was out to notice the quick shadow of two figures, one tall, one short, on something pass before it. At the very edges of the village, the figures landed, the smaller hopping off what was their transport.

"You know what to do?" the taller asked.

The shorter nodded their head, and answered in a monotone voice," Hai."

The taller narrowed their ruby orbs slightly, at the emotionless eyes staring back, but nodded. "Then go do it."

The shorter turned away and walked into the village, the moonlight reflecting off something in their grasp. The taller watched for a few moments as the shorter walked away before shaking their head, taking into the air again.

'What a strange kid...'

----------------------------

The villager knelt on the floor of his hut, praying, preparing for sleep. A candle flickered, shedding an orange glow. Moonlight filtered through the window behind him but a shadowed figure passed slowly by. The villager did not notice since his eyes were closed.

Finally, he lifted himself from the floor to head to bed when he heard the bamboo mat in the doorway rustle. He turned but saw nothing. He stared a moment more before shrugging and turning back around. He stopped at the short figure in the shadows. The villager's eyes suddenly drifted down to where he could see his reflection in the figure's arms.

Suddenly, he felt weak, not noticing the glow that surrounded the mirror as well as him. A white orb slipped out of his body and towards the figure. The villager's eyes grew blank as he collapsed to the ground with a dull thud.

A pair of violet eyes stared down emotionlessly at the limp body before turning back towards the door for more souls.

------------------------------

Sango stood before her companions, breathing heavily, finally having finished the rant she had started earlier.

Miroku opened his mouth. "Are you done now or are Inuyasha and I still in danger of you pummeling us?"

Sango's lips quirked up at the corners as she nodded. "Yes, you're safe."

She straightened up and the smile grew bigger. "Now if none of you mind, I could use a bath right about now."

As the female monk left the room, she could hear Inuyasha sigh. "Man, it's really creepy how she turns from angry to smiling so fast."

She closed the door as she chuckled. 'That is kind of true, I guess...'

She turned down the hallway towards the springs the Inn keeper had mentioned. She smiled once more at the thought of the warm water. 'I can not wait for that bath.'

Suddenly, Sango bumped into a large someone causing her to fall backwards.

"Oof," she said, landing on the ground. She looked up agitatedly. "Hey! That hurt!"

The person turned around, turning out to be a large man. "Well, well, well," he said, running his beady eyes over her. "What do we have here? What's a pretty little thing like you doing out alone?"

Sango glared up at him as she pulled herself to walk past him. "For your information, I was on my way to the springs. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

She was stopped when he grabbed her by the arm. She turned to look at his smirking face as he leaned closer. "Maybe I could join you."

She looked at him in disgust. "I don't think so. Now if you'll let go of me-"

He jerked her closer so that she was a few inches from his face. "I don't think I wanna give you up."

Sango's face darkened as she tried to pull her arm from his grip. "Let me go!"

His hand only tightened causing her to wince.

"Come on," he said. "Why don't we have a little fun?"

Sango clenched her fist and punched him in the cheek. The man just stared at her in shock for a moment before his face darkened considerably and his grip grew painful.

"So that's how you wanna play, huh?" he growled. "I can play like that, too."

He pushed her against the wall, pinning her there as Sango struggled.

"Let me g-" she stopped as he clamped his hand across her mouth.

"Shut up!" He growled out.

She opened her mouth and bit his hand. He cried out and removed his hand. Sango opened her mouth to cry out again but suddenly felt something collide against the side of her head, making things grow dark.

The man smirked, as she grew limp. "Now that more li-"

He was suddenly cut off as he felt himself grow weak. He released Sango as his vision started to grow blurry. "Wha-"

But he didn't finish as he collapsed to the floor, his reflection staring back at him, before darkness overtook him.

--------------------------

Miroku suddenly started as he heard a cry from out in the hall.

"What was-?" Inuyasha started.

"Sango," Kagome replied, in a bored tone. "Probably another villager who fell victim to her curse."

Miroku started again as another cry was heard. He stood up. "I'm going to go see if she needs any help."

"She can take care of herself," Kagome replied," You know that."

"I'm perfectly aware of that," said Miroku," but you never know."

Then, he left the room before any one could stop him. He walked down the hall towards the springs until he turned a corner to see Sango lying on the ground out cold and a large man collapse to the floor with a thud.

He stared surprised when something white suddenly shot out of the man. His eyes followed it until he found its destination but they widened at the sight.

"No..." he whispered, shaking his head," It can't be... I saw you die.... You can't be alive.... "

"Kanna...." the taijiya said, shakily.

His supposedly dead little sister turned to looked at him, emotionlessly, a small mirror in her grasp.

Miroku's breath came in sharply as he took in the clear violet orbs, staring AT him. "You can see..."

They stared at each other for a few moments longer before Kanna turned away, walking down the hall away from him. His eyes widened. "Wait, Kanna!"

But she had already disappeared around a corner. He followed after, only thinking that he was going to lose his little sister again. As he turned the corner, he saw her disappear through the door outside. He ran to the door and pushed it aside only to see that she was disappearing around another corner. This continued, with Miroku following until they were out of the village and trudging through a forest. Every time he thought he was caught up to her, she'd disappear ahead again. Finally, he found himself stepping into a clearing, Kanna standing with her back to him.

"Kanna..." he said, relieved, stepping towards her when purple smoke billowed around her, concealing her from view.

"Kanna!" Miroku cried out in panic, when the smoke suddenly cleared, Kanna held in a familiar black cloaked figure's grip.

"Narakuna," he hissed, eyes narrowing.

"Hello to you too, taijiya," Narakuna replied, the smirk heard in her voice.

"Let her go," he growled, cursing himself for leaving his scythes.

"I don't think so," she said," I've got a proposition for you."

"I will accept no proposition made by you," Miroku spat out.

"Oh really?" the demoness said," Well, maybe I can change your mind...."

Kanna's eyes suddenly lost the emotionless look to be replaced with confusion. "Wha-?"

Then, Narakuna pulled the young girl against her, placing her claws against her neck, threateningly. Kanna's breath hitched, eyes going wide with fear.

"You will do as I say or the girl dies..." Narakuna said.

"No...Kanna..." Miroku said, eyes wide.

Kanna looked at him in recognition of his voice, eyes widened further. "Nii-san...?"

Tears filled her eyes. "I can see you..."

"Kanna," he whispered, blinking back his own tears.

Narakuna dug her claws into Kanna's neck making the young girl gasp, a small trickle of blood staining her pale skin.

"No!" Miroku cried out. "Stop! I'll..."

He glanced into his sister's frightened and confused orbs before bowing his head in submission. "I'll do whatever you say...."

The demoness smirked. "Perfect."
Sign up to rate and review this story