Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

i know im suppose to love you

by watch_the_sky 3 reviews

im back .. honestly. and good thing ficwad is back too. so yeah .. heres a useless filler update while i get on with something important.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-18 - Updated: 2007-08-18 - 1157 words - Complete

0Unrated
Heavy humidity hung in the summer air at this early hour, attacking his lungs like a jackhammer the moment he stepped foot onto the concrete driveway, out of the evenly cooled 15-passenger van that was now quietly pulling away. Taking no particular care with his belongings, he pulled his bags along behind him as he hurried up the sidewalk, passed the parched shrubbery that decorated his front lawn. Fumbling with his keys in an urgent desperation, he was rushing to open the door as fast as his fingers would allow him. All he wanted was to be inside the confines of his own him, laying comfortably in his own bed, with her in his arms.

Hitting the tile with a quiet thud now, his bags would make themselves comfortable, right there on the floor of the dining room for the next three days, unattended and ignored by their owner. Next, would come his house keys, a set of metal trinkets that he took more care with now, gently placing them on the glass table top before kicking off his sneakers with a sigh and leaving them on the floor, in the pile of his soon to be forgotten belongings.

Forgotten lights sheltered the living room from the impending darkness of the night at this early hour, instantly informing him that she had, in fact, been waiting up for him. And as the pads of his feet crossed onto the threshold of the carpet, into the living room, he found her sprawled out on the couch; with a book clutched to her chest, the remote that had now fallen haphazardly onto the carpet. Fresh sunburn brought color to the skin of her chest and shoulders, bringing out a dark rosy tint on the apples of her cheeks. It was apparent that she had spent far too long in the sun, he had immediately guessed, helping her grandfather with yard work, but regardless, at that very moment, he could not imagine her being any more peaceful or any more beautiful.

Reading her easier than the book she still held in her arms, he knew she had the television on, settling on a soft mute, for audio assurance in the quite loneliness of the house, the cell phone on the table was in hopes that he would have called before coming home, the book in her hand, a way to distract herself from watching the clock, hoping that he would come bounding through the door at any moment.

Faded pages and the worn corners of old photo albums caught his eye as he shuffled through the living room; the remnants of the past were now spread clumsily across the carpet at the base of the couch. Without hesitation, he took a seat on the floor, unwilling to wake her from her peaceful slumber just yet, crossing his legs underneath his body as he anxiously reached for the pile of photos perched on top of the pile.

With a quite sigh of fond happiness, he ran his calloused fingers down the edges of each picture as he browsed through the pile, stopping momentarily at each image to relive each and every memory. Reaching the final photo in the pile of memories, he couldn’t fight the smile that was breaking through, spreading across his lips. Thanksgiving, nearly 10 years prior to this day; no one but them would ever know that he had just kissed her for the very first time not but minutes before this memory was set to film, oddly enough, in the confines of his childhood bedroom closet.

At that very moment, a sudden anxious feeling is what woke her from her nearly peaceful slumber, her body, somehow, immediately sensing a familiar presence. Stirring lightly on the couch behind him, her eyes just would not open as fast as she willed them to, and her heart was nearly beating out of her chest when he eye lids finally complied with her wishes.

Moments of silence passed as she kept still on the couch, just taking in the sight of him. With his backs toward her, she did not think he had noticed she was awake, so she kept still, hoping that it wasn’t a dream, that he was really there with her. And as she blinked hard to make sure he wasn’t going to disappear, his voice filled the quite living room in a low whisper, exhaustion filling the volume void.

“I kissed you in my closet. I don’t know if I could get any lamer.” It was easy to hear the smile in his voice as he spoke, “But I didn’t want our brothers to see us, I knew they would never let me live it down.”

Opening her mouth to speak, she quickly shut it again; unable to find the words to respond as he placed the pictures back down and turned to face her. Her lacks of words were soon replaced with his lips, pressing gently against hers, sending a tiny shiver through her entire body.

“Don’t leave again, three days goes by too fast.” Her voice was low and raspy and still so full of sleep. “Stay forever.”

In his mind, he had the perfect proposal, and he could only hope that she would fully agree with him. “Don’t sign on to any shoots and come with me.”

Immediately there was hesitation in her eyes, before he could even finish and his hopes were beginning to fade, he was fully prepared to beg. “We have a month left, spend it with me. Please.”

There was no way she would ever be able to say no to that smile, to those pleading eyes; eyes that sparkled with excitement as she nodded her head hesitantly in agreement. And once again before she could attempt to speak, his lips were on hers again, taking away all of her worry and hesitation with one soft movement.

With a smile and a sigh, he rested her forehead gently against hers, his eyes still closed, taking in the moment, the smell of her hair and skin and the warmth of her lips, the feeling still burning his lips now, even after they parted.

“I missed you” Sleep hung heavy in her voice and he knew that in just minutes slumber were take her from him once again, he nodded in agreement.

“I love you”

Returning a warm smile, she scooted over on the couch, making ample room for him to lay with her, a silent request he happily complied with. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her body close to his as she nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck, lacing warm kisses on his tender flesh as sleep began to take her away.

With a sigh, he let his body relax into the couch, snuggled up close with his arms wrapped tightly around her, “It’s good to be home.”
Sign up to rate and review this story