Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

the best part of believe is the "lie"

by becca_stump 0 reviews

read it and weep

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-08-18 - Updated: 2007-08-19 - 1731 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Patrick ; Part 1

I could not believe that I had actually won a date with Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy. Even after signing up for all of those stupid “Win a date with a member from Fall Out Boy” contests, I didn’t think I actually stood a chance against all of the major die-hard fans. But I guess the music gods were listening to me, because I got my wish. And tonight was the night of the date.
I heard the blow of a horn, and I glanced outside my window. I could not believe my eyes. A long black limo sat outside, and in front of it stood Patrick Stump. I quickly made my way downstairs and opened the front door. My heart was racing as I stepped out into the warm summer air. Patrick walked forward and introduced himself (as if I had know idea who he was), as Patrick Stump, the lead singer from Fall Out Boy. I smiled sweetly and told him my name was Amanda and that I was a freshman at UCSB. He escorted me to the car; opened the door, and allowed me to slide in. The seat was still warm where he had been sitting. He slid in after me and shut the door.
The car took off. As Patrick and I talked, I found that we had a lot in common. We liked the same bands, we both loved the same movies, and we played the guitar. He told me about Pete and Andy and Joe, but I didn’t really care about that. I was more interested in what he had to say about himself. I listened intently as he talked about his childhood, recalling his past friends and crushes.
As the night progressed, I realized what an interesting and sweet guy Patrick was. I also realized that I was falling for him, just like every other female Fall Out Boy fan. However, there was a difference between me and them; Patrick seemed to be falling for me. I know that it sounds crazy; hitting on someone on the first date, but you would have to be in my situation to really understand. Patrick was an amazing guy; the epitome of your dream boyfriend.
I knew a lot about Patrick by the end of our date. I also knew that I didn’t want the night to end. He seemed to want the same thing, so as I stepped into the limo, he leaned forward and whispered something to the driver. The driver nodded and revved up the engine. Soon we were driving down a dirt road, and as I leaned forward I saw that we had come to the end of the path. In front of us lay Cress Lake.
I was in disbelief that Patrick had taken me here. This was one of my favorite places to just hang out and relax, so it was really special being there, especially with him. Tonight was perfect. The stars were out and the air was warm and smelled of summer. As the limo pulled away, he led me down the grassy slope, where a large quilt blanket lay. As I sat down, I felt Patrick wrap his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close.
“I had a wonderful night with you, Amanda. I really mean it.”
“Me too”, I whispered.
He tilted his head so that it faced mine and looked into my eyes. I looked back, enjoying the rush I got every time he looked at me with those baby blue eyes. He looked handsome, sitting there with the moonlight illuminating his features. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him until I realized I was crying.
“I don’t want to say goodbye to you. I really love you Patrick”, I cried, and I knew what I said was true. I really did love him.
A tear drop fell and landed on his hand, where it rested on mine.
“I love you too”, he said, and leaned in and wiped away my tears. Then he closed his eyes and kissed me. His warm lips moved on top of mine. He wrapped his arm around my waste and pulled me closer, so that he was lying on top of me, supporting his wait with his hands. He stared at me with his porcelain blue eyes, and kissed me again, this time with more passion.
He pulled away slowly, sitting back with his legs crossed Indian style.
“Sorry. Was that a little too fast?” His eyes questioned mine, searching for an answer.
“No. That was…wonderful”, I said. I couldn’t stop smiling. I wasn’t really sure what to say, so I preoccupied myself by picking at the grass.
“Hey”, he said, “Would you wanna go swimming?”
“Now? But I don’t have my bathing suit with me or anything and…” I never had a chance to finish my sentence. Suddenly Patrick jumped up and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the water. I simply went along with him. I didn’t care. It was summer and I was with Patrick Stump and nothing in the world seemed important right then.
Patrick went in first. He waded into the water till it was up to his stomach, and then dove in. I fallowed his example, letting a chill rush up my spine at the thought of doing something reckless and wild.
As I swam into deeper water, I realized Patrick hadn’t come up for air yet. That was when I started to worry. I had no idea where he had gone. Then I felt something grab me and pull me forward. It was him.
“Jesus, you scared me. I had no idea where you were”, I stated, slightly pissed at the small prank he had pulled on me.
“Sorry” he answered, “I didn’t mean to scare you. Just having a little fun”. He smiled his sweet smile, and I couldn’t help but smile back.
He dove in again, and I raced in after him. But to my dismay I soon realized that my wet clothes made it nearly impossible to swim. They clung to my skin and weighed me down, so I decided to at least take my bulky sweatshirt off. I noticed that Patrick had already done the same. He had also taken the liberty to strip himself of his shirt. He didn’t seem to mind me seeing him without his shirt on. And let me tell you I didn’t mind either. Patrick was, can we say, pretty well built. He wasn’t all muscle or anything, but he did have an attractive body.
I swam up to him and leaned my head against his shoulder. He took me in his bare arms and kissed me on the top of my head. He whispered sweet things in my ear, and hummed a tune from one of his older albums. I turned my body so that I was facing him head on. I looked up at his face and reached out with me arm and graced his cheek. His skin was smooth and wet from the water. I closed my eyes and prayed that I would be able to see him again. I wanted this night to last forever.
He pulled away, wrapped one arm around my shoulder, and lifted me into the air. I sat in his arms as he carried me onto the bank, where he placed me gently down on the quilt. He lay down next to me and pulled the blanket over us. I was chilled from being in the water, so the blanket felt nice. I scooted close to Patrick, my body craving heat as my wet clothing stuck to my skin. He snaked one arm around my shoulder, and leaned his head against mine.
We lay there, entwined, for what must have been hours. Love seemed like a drug. For the first time in a long time, I didn’t care if anyone worried where I was or if I was okay. All I could think about was Patrick, and being here, in the moment with him. And although I worried I would never see him again, something told me that this wasn’t the last time I would be with him.
I knew it was time to go. It was late, and I knew my parents had to be wondering where I was. Patrick dug out his cell from where he had hidden it under the blanket before we had gone swimming. He dialed in the number of limousine, and told the driver to come pick us up at Cress Lake. I looked at him and recalled all he had told me about himself; I had enough memories of him to last a lifetime. He drew me close one last time and kissed me sweetly. I felt him shudder in my embrace and knew that he must be crying. I hugged him tighter and told him that I’d see him again, that I loved him, and that he was amazing. He looked up and smiled at me, tears falling down his cheeks. I wiped them away, just as he had done to me.
Soon I heard the crunching of gravel and turned around and saw the limo slowly making it way down the dirt path. Patrick and I made our way slowly to the limo, walking hand in hand. We got into the car, and as it pulled into my driveway and I stepped out, I gave Patrick’s hand one final squeeze. I kissed him the cheek one last time and said “I love you, Patrick; don’t worry, I’ll see you soon”. I slipped him a small piece of paper with a little note I had written and my phone number and walked toward my door. As I walked up my driveway, I recalled all the fun we had had that night. That was when I started crying. It took all of my will power to keep myself from running back to him. But I knew I couldn’t turn around and look at him. Leaving Patrick was one of the hardest things I’d ever done.
I didn’t look back till I was upstairs in my room. But when I glanced out the window, the limo was already gone…
Sign up to rate and review this story