Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Forever Feels Like Home

Chapter 14

by LOVELA 7 reviews

Cue broken heart...Again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-20 - Updated: 2007-08-21 - 1790 words - Complete

0Unrated
I sat on the golf cart, with the loud irritating ringing sound, feeling my gut in knots.

I was on my way to meet Patrick by the baggage claim. I had just gotten my cast off on my wrist and a walking cast on my leg, but I was still on crutches, so Patrick arranged for me to get picked up by airport staff. I always thought it would be fun to highjack one of these contraptions, but the ringing sound to alert people that it was coming has got to go.

Over the course of seven days before leaving for LA had I managed to piss both Crystal and Katy off to no end. I knew I had to go to LA to talk to Pete, but that was the exact reason why I wanted to avoid it. I couldn’t bear hearing him tell me that he loved me, but was with someone else. My friends were so sick of me, that they practically pushed me on the plane and ran. I couldn’t blame them.

As we came around the corner towards the baggage claim, I noticed Patrick immediately. He was surrounded by his entourage and of course young fan-girls wanting an autograph. Patrick politely signed autographs and took pictures with the tourists.

Once his eyes met mine, he didn’t seem to notice anyone else in the room. I smiled and waved as the golf cart got closer. Patrick’s bodyguard tried to make room for him to get closer to me.

“That’s all kids,” the man said in a low voice.

A collective ‘awe’ was heard through the crowd as the girls slowly dispersed.

“Who’s she?” I heard a girl ask as Patrick embraced me in a tight hug.

“Hey Iz,” he said with his face inches away from mine.

“Trix,” I whispered and hugged him again. For a moment, all of my worries washed away and I knew coming to LA was the right thing to do.

“I think that’s his sister,” we heard a girl say matter-o-factly.

“You dim-bat. He doesn’t have a sister,” another girl snapped.

Patrick and I laughed it off as he helped me off the golf cart.

“How is the leg?” he asked.

“It’s fine,” I smiled and grabbed my crutches from the man driving the cart.

“Fine?” he asked raising an eyebrow at me.

“Don’t start,” I said hobbling towards the baggage claim.

Patrick laughed at me and grabbed my carry-on from my shoulder.

“Iz. Nothing changes,” he laughed.

Since traffic from LAX is a bitch, Patrick had a driver drive us back to his and the guys’ condo, so we could relax and catch up.

“I’m so happy you are here, Iz,” he said excitedly.

“Me too,” I said nodding and looking out the window.

“Really?” he asked shocked.

I looked over at him with confusion.

“Well, I know that Crystal pretty much forced you to come,” he admitted.

“Sometimes I just need a little push,” I offered.

“Or a giant shove,” Patrick mumbled.

“Excuse me?” I asked both shocked and amused by his comment.

“Come on, Iz. You take stubbornness to another level,” Patrick said.

“Perhaps,” I said giving him a sideways glance and smiling. He knew me all too well.

-----

When we pulled up to the condo in the hills of LA, my mouth practically fell to the ground.

“Holy shit, Patrick,” I said getting out of the car.

“Nice, eh?” he asked rushing to the other side of the car to help me.

“To say the least,” I said not able to take my eyes off the gorgeous building in front of me.

“It’s just temporary while we record the record. Nothing special,” he offered his arm to me.

“It’s very nice,” I said leaning slightly on him so I could get my crutches situated.

“Come on. They’ll bring the bags in,” Patrick smiled waving slightly at the people around us.

I obliged and followed him, slowly and steadily, to the front entrance. I was mystified by the beauty of this condo. It had the most beautiful vegetation all around it and enormous Victorian doors to enter. I was in envy.

Patrick helped me inside and I was shocked to find it very homey. Nothing looked breakable, which was probably a good thing with Pete and Joe in one place.

“Hello!?” Patrick yelled leading me into the house.

“Out back!” Andy yelled back.

“Come on,” Patrick smiled and helped me to the back yard.

“Izzy!” Joe yelled after dunking Alex in the pool.

“Trohman! You jerk!” Alex yelled sputtering water out of her mouth. “Hey Izzy,” she waved trying to get her wet mane out of her face.

I just waved slightly.

“Izzy, how was your flight?” Andy asked walking up to me and Patrick.

“Long and uncomfortable with this thing on my leg,” I motioned to my walking cast.

“I bet. Can I get you something to drink?” he asked politely.

“Water would be nice,” I said feeling exhausted already.

Andy nodded and walked inside.

“Come on. Let’s sit down,” Patrick led me to the patio table under the umbrella.

I plopped down and looked around at my surroundings. The normal people were all around the area doing various activities, but one was missing.

“Here you go,” Andy said setting a bottled water down in front of me and sitting down as well.

“Where’s Pete?” I asked looking at the boys sitting by me.

It seemed as though everyone froze at that inquisition. Alex and Joe stopped splashing around in the water. The small chattering by the hot tub had stopped. It even seemed as though the music that was playing softly in the background had stopped.

I narrowed my eyes at Patrick.

“Well…we are on a little break, so he took a mini-vacation,” Patrick stuttered out.

“Mini-vacation?” I asked with skepticism.

“Yeah. He needed a break. We all did,” Patrick offered.

“Where did he go?” I asked.

“Where?” Patrick asked. He was stalling. I could tell.

“Yeah, where?” I asked again.

“Um, Andy, where did Pete go?” Patrick looked over at Andy who looked back at him in shock.

“Patrick. Cut the crap,” I said upset.

Patrick took a big sigh and looked down into his hands.

“He went to Vegas,” he said not looking at me.

“Vegas?” I asked confused. “Why the hell would he go to Vegas? Pete hates gambling,” I said looking around at all the guilty faces.

“Iz, I’m not sure, but we think he and Kelly eloped this weekend,” Patrick said quietly.

I sat in shock. Did he just say what I think he said? No, I was hearing things.

I burst out laughing. This was a joke.

“Patrick, get real. He didn’t elope,” I said laughing.

I stopped suddenly when I noticed that Patrick wasn’t laughing along with me.

“I think he did, Iz,” Patrick whispered.

Cue broken heart…again.

-----

I laid in the bedroom that I was to be staying in for an indefinite time, staring up at the ceiling. How could I have been so stupid? Again. I wanted to go back home. This was a mistake. Everything about this trip was a mistake.

I wiped my eyes and hobbled over to my suitcase. I pulled out the DVD that Patrick had made for me and popped it into the DVD player. Even though I had watched it a million times in the past seven days, I needed to watch it again knowing what I knew now. Pete was off getting married. Was he trying to tell me that in his message?

I pressed play and saw his gorgeous features grace the screen. I closed my eyes tightly and let my tears fall down my face.

“All you need to know is I love you, I always have, and I always will.”

What was I missing? Why wasn’t I getting it? I played that part over and over again. I had to of been missing something.

“Izzy?” Patrick knocked quietly and came in.

I pushed stop quickly on the machine.

“What are you doing?” he asked smirking at me.

“Nothing,” I said quickly wiping my tears off my face.

“Iz?” he asked curious. He knew it was nothing.

I looked over at Patrick defeated.

“This,” I said going back a few frames and pushing play on the video.

“Is this the DVD I made for you?” Patrick smiled and sat down next to me.

He tensed up as soon as he saw Pete on the screen.

“What the fuck?” Patrick asked out loud.

We both watched in silence until the screen went black again. I just looked over at Patrick who had fury written across his forehead.

“So,” I said simply not entirely sure of how to proceed.

Patrick just shook his head.

“That’s why I was so shocked when you told me he was getting married in Vegas,” I said quietly.

“That son-of-a-bitch,” Patrick whispered.

“I’m not going to argue with you on that,” I nodded.

“Oh, Iz,” Patrick said putting his hand on my cheek.

“I know, Trix,” I whispered.

“I don’t know why he keeps doing this to you,” Patrick said showing pain in his face.

“Hey, it happens,” I shrugged trying to brush it off as no big deal, but the truth was, I was crushed.

“I know,” Patrick whispered.

I looked up into Patrick’s eyes and broke down into tears. Patrick wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“Why?” I asked again.

I couldn’t understand why Pete was doing this to me. I had no idea what I had ever done to him to deserve such torture.

“I don’t know,” he said rocking me back and forth gently. It was a calming motion.

“Patrick, I’m sorry, but I would really like to be alone for a while,” I said brushing my face dry with the backs of my hands.

“Are you sure?” he asked looking into my eyes.

“Yeah,” I nodded breaking eye contact.

“I’ll be right in the next room if you need anything,” Patrick said kissing my forehead gently.

I only nodded at this. I was too upset to talk anymore.

“I love you, Iz,” he said from the doorway.

“I love you too, Trix,” I smiled slightly.

AN: So I know this update is long awaited and the chapter is shorter than the others, but I've got quite the life brewing for myself, so expect shorter updates from me, but hopefully they won't be so far and few between. Special thanks to all of my supporters! SMOOCHES 2 U!
C2C
Sign up to rate and review this story