Categories > Original > Horror > The Revenge Of Zeke Simmons

The Revenge Of Zeke Simmons

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Ten men watched as Zeke Simmons was murdered for his gold mine. Now each of them and the murderer will face Zeke's revenge.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-24 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 386 words

0Unrated
Zeke Simmons laughed piercingly, “you won’t get rid of me that easily,” he hissed at the men who gathered around him. “You have stolen what is rightfully mine, but I will get revenge.”
Suddenly a shot rang out, and the man gasped, falling to the ground. He clutched his chest with one hand, as blood poured from a bullet wound to his heart.
One of the men appeared in front of him, the smoking gun still in his hand. “Now you will get nothing,” he sneered.
Zeke laughed again, as blood bubbled from his mouth. “You fool,” he said, his voice getting weaker. “You have signed your own death warrant, and you will be the first to see my wrath.”
Suddenly he clutched his chest, then his hand fell limply to his side as death claimed him. The man with the gun, kicked him to make sure he was dead.
Then said scathingly to his lackeys, “bury this trash where it won’t be found.”
With those words, he turned and walked down the dusty streets, followed by the members of the council.
The two hefty men grabbed Zeke and hauled him toward the quarry at the edge of town. They threw him over the side, then walked away without looking back. Everyone forgot about Zeke Simmons, and the council members got rich off of Zeke’s claim. All the men who witnessed Zeke’s murder, forgot about Zeke’s promise for revenge, that is until the tenth anniversary of Zeke’s death.

Ten years passed, and the town slowly changed, mostly because of the success of Zeke’s mine. The only thing that didn’t change was the town council, every man on it was there the night Zeke was murdered. Including John Franklin who was the head chairman and the man who had murdered Zeke. Secretly John feared that Zeke’s promise for revenge would come true. But as the years passed and nothing happened, he convinced himself that there would be no revenge, that Zeke was dead and buried. So he went on with his life, he had a beautiful fiancee and was about to be married. But what John doesn’t know is Zeke is still waiting for revenge and as we all know, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Sign up to rate and review this story