Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Lost and Found

by Great_Writer_Sarah 3 reviews

Misa takes a trip to the United States and crosses off another item on her list of things to do before she dies. Crossover with another series.

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Misa - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 592 words - Complete

0Unrated
TITLE: Lost and Found
SERIES: Death Note/????
RATING: PG for unseen sex
CHAPTERS/ONE SHOT: One-Shot
GENRE: General
PAIRING/S: Misa/????
SUMMARY: Misa takes a trip to the United States and crosses off another item on her list of things to do before she dies.
NOTES: Beta'd by Lady Sirius. First ever fanfic for both fandoms involved.

Misa's trip to the States was more exciting than she ever dreamt it would be. For one, there were the sights and sounds and the culture; a miasma of images and people that thoroughly fascinated her. She was so excited to meet her American fans - they were a solid, loyal fanbase who loved her to death and brought posters and glossy 6x6s to sign; so many, in fact, that Misa ran through five black markers in signing anything and everything the crowds would approach her with (within reason, mind you).

Secondly, she finally lost her virginity. To be honest, it took both of them by surprise - Misa and her partner. A quirky gentleman from Miami. They met at a coffee shop, over a dead body which had been hacked up into little pieces and wrapped like holiday presents. Misa had a fondness for looking at crime scenes whenever possible, and the man had actually let her in through the yellow tape. She said she was Japanese police. Well, that was technically correct. She knew it wouldn't reach the cranky old men back in Tokyo anyway.

Almost an hour later, they laid in bed together, naked and sweaty under starch white sheets. He was the first to break the silence; his voice was calm and measured, as if he had thought of what to say long ago and just took the time to verbalize it now.

"I don't usually have sex."

"Really? Fooled me."

"Well, I read. A lot."

"So do I." Misa sounded almost offended ('Was it because I'm an idol?'), but quickly recovered. "I don't usually do this either."

"I could tell."

"Ooh, not fair! You shouldn't tell a girl she's inexperienced!"

There was no response to Misa's verbal jab; it was obviously a comment said out of awkwardness and needed nothing else to cover for it. Seconds later, Misa could tell she was alone in the bed. She heard the sound of water being turned on and imagined parts of herself exiting his body and flowing down the drain, into the sewers, never to be found. She thought of Kira and almost felt guilty. Almost.

'Well, that's his fault.' Misa thought this, a small pout on her face. 'He's not here, so I can do what I want. Right?'

"Leaving already?" she called out as he walked out of the shower and began putting his clothes back on. Misa wondered if he was going to change into something cleaner when he left - something that smelled less like Eau De Misa-Misa.

"It's my job. I have the worst hours. Projects need to be tended to."

Misa sat up, the sheets doing a poor job of hiding her naked body. Their eyes connected, and a current of something like electricity shot up Misa's spine. 'Wonderful', she thought instantly. She released a short breath she didn't even know she was holding in. "Will I ever see you again?" she asked.

"No, I don't think so," Dexter said, and exited the hotel room as quickly as he had entered, leaving the girl to gather herself up among the stained sheets and rumpled clothes, a couple's intimate lost and found bin.
Sign up to rate and review this story