Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is how We'll Be, Oh Glory.

Blank-faced little girl, your color's running down.

by xcandix 0 reviews

more drama :) sorry the chapter is a bit short it is leading into something massive. thank you so much for the reviews. they are really sweet and inspiring. hope you like this next chapter. lemme k...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-26 - 1453 words

0Unrated
Maddy’s POV.

I woke up the next morning face to face with Brendon. He was breathing heavily so I knew he was still asleep. I smiled to myself. Poor guy. He was just probably under a lot of pressure right, I sure hope he is because if he isn’t there really is no other excuse to act like he has been. I rolled out of bed and crept to the kitchen. As soon as I reached the sink my sidekick started vibrating across the kitchen counter. I looked to see who was calling, it was Ryan.

“Hey,” I answered.

“Yo, what’s goin on?”

“Nothing really, just woke up. Brendon is still asleep.”

“You just woke up. Damn you kids sure do sleep late over there,” he joked.

“Well maybe I wouldn’t get to bed so late if you didn’t have my boyfriend at Port of Subs for four hours,” I laughed back. There was no reply.

“Ryan?” still nothing. “Ryan?”

“Yeah, um I’m still here.”

“Something wrong?”

“Uh, um ,hmmm,”

“What? What is it?”

“I was only at Port of Subs with Brendon for like a half-hour last night.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. He showed up we ate, talked a bit and he just left.”

“That’s a bit strange. He didn’t get home until 12:30.”

No reply again.

“Ryan can I meet you somewhere I need somebody to talk to.”

“Yeah sure, where?”

“I’ll just come over to your house.”


“Alright.”

“Thanks I’ll be there in a few.”

I hung up the phone and walked back into the bedroom hoping with all my heart that Brendon was still asleep. He was. I pulled on some jeans and found a t-shirt to wear. As I was putting on my shoes he began to toss and turn a bit, but still lost in a slumber. As he turned a bit something glistened in my eye. I leaned over across the bed a picked a piece of glitter out of his hair.

“What the fuck?” I whispered to myself. I figured there was no reason to confront him now so I just made my way for the door and left. On the way to Ryan’s house my mind was so fixated on the circumstances at hand that I almost got into six accidents. I was surprised when I made it to Ryan’s house alive. I pulled up and he was already waiting on the step. I slid out of the car.

“Hey,” I started trying to look at least slightly cheerful.

“Hey,” he replied sympathetically,”come on in.”

I walked through Ryan’s door and sat at his kitchen counter.

“You want something to eat or drink?”

“Nah thanks I’m fine.”

“You look like you are about to cry.”

“I think I may. I mean like it doesn’t take 3 and half hours to get from port of subs back to our house and I found glitter in his hair this morning.”

“Glitter like make-up glitter?”

“Mhm.”

“Maybe he just went to a club or something to meet up with Spencer or one of his other friends.”

“Ryan please don’t try to lie to me. Not now anyways.”

“I’m sorry I just can’t see Brendon cheating on you.”

“Why not? I mean he has been acting really strange lately.”

“Maybe there is a reasonable explanation.”

“Yeah I’m sure.”

“Just play it out for a little while.”

“Yeah I just keep it on the DL. Ryan please don’t say anything to him about all this. I really don’t want to upset him right now.”

“What do you mean?”

“He has just been on edge lately and I really don’t wanna piss him off.”

“He hasn’t hit you or anything right?” he asked concerned.

“NO, no. He’s just really stressed out lately.”

“About what?”

“I’m no sure.”

We just sat there for a moment completely silent.

“Well I better get going. I have to go with him to see his parents today.”

“Ooh fun.”

“Yeah I know. They are sweet though. I just hate it because every time we go to see them Brendon always ask me to cover up my tattoos on my wrist and my thumb.”

“Why? I think your tattoos are the shit.”

“I don’t know I guess his parents just aren’t into that sorta thing. So I have to play Stepford girlfriend while I’m there.

“That sucks.”

“Yeah, well I’m gonna go but lets hang out when I get back from LA.”

“Alright.”

I gave him a hug and left. It had really helped talking to Ryan I pulled into the parking garage and walked up the stairs to our condo. I pushed the keys into the door and was welcomed with Brendon eating cereal at the counter while reading the funnies in the newspaper.

“Where were you?”

“At Ryan’s.”

“Why?”

“We were just talking.”

“About?”

About you possibly cheating on me you fucking asshole. No Maddy play it out don’t jump to conclusion. I put on a smile.

“Oh nothing just boring work stuff. You know making sure he is coming up with new ideas and things like that.”

“Oh, I was gonna leave in about an hour to go see my parents.”

“Oh okay. I’m just gonna leave straight from there, hope you don’t mind.”

“No not at all.” he came over and kissed my cheek. He began to walk out of the kitchen and towards our bedroom.

“Oh and Maddy,”

“Yeah babe.”

“Don’t forget,” he implied pointing to his wrist and his thumb.

“Don’t worry I won’t,” I said,” wouldn’t wanna disappoint mommy and daddy know would we.” I mumbled under my breath.

“What did you say.”

“Oh nothing, now hurry up and get ready we don’t wanna be late.”

After we both got ready we got situated in the car and left. Every once in awhile I would catch Brendon looking over and smirking at me. Well that smile was doing nothing for me today, nothing at all. He reached for my hand.

“Sweety, is something wrong?”

I looked over at him I wanted to cry and scream and make accusations even if I didn’t know they were right, but instead I decided to stay calm. I rifled through my purse and found exactly what I was looking for. A pack of cigarettes. Yes I had quit after I started going steady with Brendon but I kept a pack in my bag incase I got really, really stressed out. He looked over at me shocked.

“I thought you quit?”

“I did, I mean I have, but I’m really stressed out and what I’m about to say to you is making me stressed out even more.”

He looked over at me half-shocked half wondering what I was about to say.

“Okay, well why don’t you tell me what’s bothering you.”

“Why were you out for four hours yesterday when I know for a fact you weren’t at Port of Subs for that long.”

He started to open his mouth.

“And before you say anything lying would not be a very good idea at all right now.”

“Okay. I went to Spencer’s and played video games for a bit”

“You didn’t think to even at least call.”

“I’m sorry I forgot I guess.”

“Okay, well then why don’t you explain to me the glitter I found in your hair this morning.”

“His sister was going to her first homecoming so I gave her a hug for good luck. And she had glitter make-up on”

“Oh.” half of me felt stupid and the other half felt like he was lying to my face.

“Listen it’s nothing to worry about I’m sorry I didn’t call.”

“It’s fine,” I said.

“Can I have a kiss?” he asked with his puppy-dog pout.

“Sure,” I smiled as I leaned in and gave him a kiss.

“And could you throw that out the window for me please?” he asked politely while pointing to my cigarette. I shook my head and tossed it out the window. He pulled in to his parents drive-way and got out of the car. I did one last check on my now hidden tattoos and was surprised when he came around and opened the door for me. He held out his hand.

“Thanks,” I replied quite bashfully. He just smiled, but I noticed it still wasn’t doing anything for me as it used to. Before I started to think that he was becoming a liar.
Sign up to rate and review this story