Categories > Books > Animorphs > The Progression

CHAPTER 7

by Quillian 0 reviews

Something from Alloran's POV...

Category: Animorphs - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Alloran - Published: 2005-12-28 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 4218 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See Ch. 1.

A/N: Now, we see through the eyes of a character who never narrated anything in the series: The infamous Alloran-Semitur-Corrass!

This chapter is dedicated to Kharina for letting me borrow her version of Alloran's family from her excellent fic, "The Homecoming," which includes the warrior son Baras and the xeno-biologist daughter Marili! Be sure to check it out when you get the chance!



CHAPTER 7

Alloran

My name is Alloran-Semitur-Corrass.

For more than twenty years, I was the host slave to an evil, ruthless Yeerk named Esplin Nine-Four-Double-Six who climbed through the ranks of the former Yeerk Empire until he finally gained the title of Visser One.

He was a vicious warlord. The only Andalite-Controller. The only Yeerk with the power to morph. I was known as The Abomination for that, among other reasons.

Even before then, I was disgraced, that being for my actions years before that on the Hork-Bajir home world. In an act of desperation, I unleashed a quantum virus, killing untold numbers of Hork-Bajir in order to kill as many Yeerks as I could and deprive them of as many potential or current hosts as possible.

And then, there was that horrible mission to the Taxxon home world, in which my life irrevocably changed forever for the worse... in which I became the slave to Esplin 9466.

I will not go into detail about just how horribly that experience was, to be the only Andalite-Controller in existence for more than twenty years. Let's just say it was one of the worst things possibly imaginable and leave it at that.

After that, I knew that I had changed forever. Before, I was an arrogant Andalite warrior who had fiercely defended my beliefs in that I had done the best possible thing I could have done on the Hork-Bajir world (considering the circumstances, of course), who had seen the Yeerks' malicious intent before Prince Seerow even knew what had hit him and "knew" that all Yeerks are evil, who knew full well the brutalities of war which one must tolerate, which a certain then-/aristh/ named Elfangor just couldn't accept... now, I just didn't know what to think anymore.

Perhaps I could have made better use of my time all those years ago and found a way to kill the Yeerks while sparing the enslaved Hork-Bajir. Now I knew that all Yeerks weren't evil just because they were capable of controlling other species with their parasitic abilities (a point well-illustrated by the Yeerk Peace Movement, whom I now silently revered; after all, if they could defy their evil empire, they couldn't obviously be all that bad). As for Elfangor... well, it was one subject which I decided to avoid as much as possible.

I will not forget when I joined the Andalite forces after the surrender and subsequent defeat of the Yeerk Empire at Earth...



I wandered and grazed in the dome of the /Elfangor (well-named, I must admit). The warriors all avoided me if they could help it, and I knew they were conversing in private thought-speech, talking about how the infamous Alloran-Semitur-Corrass, Abomination and Butcher of the Hork-Bajir/, of all people, was now aboard the ship named after the revered hero War-Prince Elfangor. (How strangely ironic, now that I thought about it.)

came a polite thought-speech inquiry.

It was Galuit, one of my closest friends. We had known each other since we were mere /arisths/, almost from the first day we had met, and we had become /shorms/. I was so busy brooding that I didn't even notice him coming up to me from one end of the dome.

//

He laughed lightly at that.

//

Instantly, his smile evaporated, and I knew I must have said something wrong.

//

//

Here, we both knew he was referring to that slug, Esplin.

After an uncomfortable moment of silence, I finally asked a question which I was thinking about quite a bit.

By now, my son, Baras, was 28 years of age, and my daughter, Marili, was 25. The last memories I had of them before my... /capture /were of Baras frolicking around the fields of my family's scoop, and Marili trying to keep up with him.

I said, beginning to panic and jump to conclusions.

Galuit stifled his laughter at that last comment and answered my original question.

It was a sad sort of coincidence, when I thought about it. Galuit, now bereft of his family, was trying to help keep together my family, which I was separated from.

//

Galuit waved it aside.

I admitted,

I wanted to say more, but it felt as though the parts of my brain responsible for speech had just frozen up...

She kissed me, and I kissed her in return. This helped loosen up the tension.

she said with a subtle hint to it. She smiled - oh Ellimist, what a smile! - and looked just as beautiful as I remembered her.

I followed her, replaying her words in my head. My children /wanted to see me? That was a good sign./

I saw my children, now young adults, on the other side of the scoop, conversing with each other. Jahar quickly informed me.

My pride of my children grew at that moment, glad to hear of their accomplishments - even if, regretfully, I couldn't be there for them.

Jahar called out to them, and they both galloped towards me. Strong and sturdy, Baras acted every part of the warrior, and my beautiful Marili moved so gracefully she was like wind solidified.

Now, I had no real speech planned, so I decided to just say things as I went along.

Addressing my family as a whole, I spoke to them.

They all knew full well what I was talking about. Taking a moment to choose his words, Aldexen finally said,

This was true.

//

And with a few more exchanges, the hearing was concluded.



The next year or so was spent trying to mend things with my family. Overall, things were great... but occasionally, there would be some unease between myself and my wife and/or my children.

I remember one particular night when I had a serious row with Baras. I don't remember the exact details as to what started the argument, but I do remember my son yelling as to why he should listen to me of all people before he stormed out of our scoop and galloped off into the night.

I spent the whole night trying to find him in my kafit bird morph, demorphing and remorphing as I had to. When he was still missing by the next morning, I had given up and hoped he would come back soon.

I just happened to come across Aximili on the way back...



I had stopped by a stream to absorb some grass and water when I heard some thought-speech directed towards me.

It was Aximili. I stopped grazing for a moment and turned to face him.

//

//

//

We walked back towards my own lands, conversing along the way.

When we arrived back at my own scoop, not only had Baras still not returned, but Jahar and Marili we also gone. Depressed, I looked around, hoping to find something to be distracted by. Here I noticed a human book under Aximili's arm. I read the title: The Odyssey/./

I asked with a gesture to the book.

Aximili picked up the book and showed me the cover more clearly.

Sign up to rate and review this story