Categories > Original > Horror > The Revenge Of Zeke Simmons

Hector Higgins

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Hector Higgins regretted the part he played in the death of Zeke Simmons. But he discovered that his regret was too late and Zeke would find his revenge.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-26 - Updated: 2007-08-27 - 519 words

0Unrated
Hector Higgins backed away slowly from the gruesome scene, his friend and buisness partner John Franklin was dead and the man was afraid he knew who had killed him.
Zeke Simmons!
He was coming back for his revenge like he had promised.
Shaking and pale Hector walked quickly down the street toward his house. He walked through the front door, greeted by his wife Sara, whose smile vanished when she saw the look on his face.
“What’s wrong?” She asked concerned, helping him to a chair in the sitting room.
“John Franklin and Bridget Johansen are dead,” he said brokenly.
Sara gasped, “what happened?”
Hector shook his head, “no one seems to know. It appeared to be a crime of passion, but you and I both know that John would never do that. He’s never killed anyone except-.” He broke off suddenly and looked out the window. “John was my best friend and I just don’t think he’d do this.”
He stood suddenly, feeling the walls closing around him.
“I need to get some fresh air,” he said walking toward the front door.
Sara watched him leave the house with a worried frown on her face.

Hector guided the horse down the desert path, toward a stream few knew about. He needed to be alone, to think about what had happened, that night and ten years ago. He reached the stream and dismounted, sitting down next to the stream. Closing his eyes, he saw the scene from ten years before, Zeke Simmons standing there, shouting at the men. He saw John pull out his gun, but made no move to stop him, he wanted Zeke Simmons dead. Wanted it to be easier to claim his mine. He sobbed quietly, he regretted not trying to stop John, not shouting out to warn Zeke. Slowly, as if he had aged ten years in the last few hours, Hector knelt down and stared at his reflection. Suddenly he saw Zeke Simmons standing behind him and gasping he turned his head, ready to confront the ghost of his past. There was nothing there, and Hector slowly rose to his feet. He whirled around, when he heard someone whisper the word, “revenge!”
“Hello is anyone there?” He called, but no one answered.
The word came louder this time, ‘REVENGE!”
Panicking, Hector ran toward where he had tied his horse, intent on getting his rifle. Suddenly something spooked his horse and she reared up, Hector screamed in terror, as the horse’s hooves caught him in the temple, knocking him to the ground. The horse hit Hector twice more with her hooves, before running, off in panic. As Hector slowly died, he saw the figure of Zeke Simmons lean over his body, he reached a bloody hand out to Zeke. Then the hand fell to the ground as Hector’s life left his body.

Zeke laughed in evil joy as he watched Hector slowly die, his revenge was even sweeter then he had hoped. Slowly he faded away, until the only thing lingering in the still air was his vicious laughter.
Sign up to rate and review this story