Categories > Original > Horror > The Revenge Of Zeke Simmons

Edward Robinson

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Edward thought leaving the town would help him escape Zeke. But he quickly learned that revenge can even happen in the middle of the desert.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-08-27 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 600 words

0Unrated
Edward Robinson ran toward his house in a panic, three prominent citizens were dead, and it didn’t escape Edward’s attention, that each of the men had been on the council and had been in attendance when Zeke Simmons was murdered. He burst into his house quickly and ran up the stairs, where he opened up the drawers in his bureau and packed as much as he could fit in one satchel. He would leave town and Zeke Simmons, wouldn’t be able to touch him. He ran back down the stairs and out of the house, hurrying as fast as he could to the stable where his horse was kept.
“Where are you going, Mr. Robinson?” The stable boy asked him after he brought him his horse.
Edward didn’t answer, he just mounted his horse and rode off quickly into the desert. He rode for a few hours, before he finally felt safe to rest. He slid off, and grabbed his canteen intent on taking a drink. Suddenly something spooked his horse and he reared up, Edward jumped back, dropping the canteen and his horse thundered off into the desert. He picked up his canteen and realized in dismay that it was empty. He was out in the middle of the desert without any food or water. He walked for hours, trying to make it back to town, slowly getting weaker as the hot sun beat upon his head. The sun finally set and Edward fell to his knees, unable to go any farther.
“I’ll just rest for a few seconds,” he muttered to himself, and fell into a deep sleep.

He was jerked awake suddenly by the hungry howls of wolves, and he realized in terror that he was alone in the middle of the desert without a fire to scare them off. He saw the shadows of the wolves as they began to slink toward him, and turned to run toward a nearby cliff. The wolves snarled, chasing after him, Edward whimpered in terror, and began to run faster. He managed to pull himself up on the handhold of the cliff, just as the first wolf reached him, snapping at his feet. He tried to pull himself up farther, but couldn’t get leverage, he looked up and saw a dark figure standing on the ledge just above him.
“Help me please,” he begged and the figure bent down.
Edward screamed in horror, when he saw the rotting face of Zeke Simmons staring down at him.
“Please no!” he shrieked as Zeke slowly raised a booted foot, toward one of Edward’s hands.
“Have mercy on me Zeke!”
Zeke laughed harshly, “I’ll give you the same mercy you did me Edward,” he said in a voice as dry and brittle as the grave.
He stamped his foot down on Edward’s hand, breaking the bones and causing him to cry out in pain. His other hand slipped, and he slid down the cliff, toward where the wolves were waiting in anticipation. He screamed in anguish and terror when the wolves leapt on him, tearing into his flesh. He tried to crawl away, but the alpha wolf bit into his neck, tearing out his jugular, causing his blood to squirt in a fountain onto the rocks, Edward gurgled, then slowly died. Zeke watched in delight as the fourth man to take part in his murder was torn apart.

Zeke watched until the wolves were done with Edward’s body, then he shook the cliffs with his wicked laughter, and slowly disappeared into the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story