Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 9

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

Part 9. Just the one update today. I'm gunna stop with the rating warnings coz I think you'll have gotten the jist of it by now! =)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-28 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 1504 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 9
Amy’s POV- ‘You make me feel like I am whole again.’
I get changed as quickly as possible, swill my face, spray a bit of deodorant around and then go back downstairs to where Frank is waiting. “Hey.” He says, making eye contact and smiling gently. He had a cute smile. I just look gawky when I smile. I show way too many teeth, which were all wonky of course. Thank God for braces. That aside I did still smile, I wasn’t some weird Posh Spice wannabe. “Let’s go.” I say. I lock up the door behind us and we take a walk up to town and then get the ferry across to the other side of the harbour where the nearest cinema was. We start off by talking about all our old shared memories. We’re still laughing about ourselves as we sit on the tip of the ferry.
“I cried for a week when you went to live with your aunt for that summer.”
“Me too, but only in secret at night because I’m a boy and they don’t do that.” He says, mocking his younger 9 year old self’s logic.
“Aw.” I say, and he blushes slightly and chews his lip ring.
“I cried loads when I got back and suddenly we weren’t friends anymore.”
“Me too. I guess it couldn’t be helped though. People change.”
“I guess so.”
“Well I hope so or I’m sat on the ferry with the schools biggest ars*shole.” I say, half joking.
“In that case people definitely change.” He says. I give him a disbelieving look just long enough for him to start looking worried then hit his shoulder lightly.
“Course I know you’ve changed or I wouldn’t have come with you.” This was completely true. The night after me and Dean split up I made some future relationships rules; no guys who were known ars*holes, no guys with ex girlfriends that are still hanging around, no guys who chase to hard and absolutely no ‘I love yous’.
I stand up and start making my way down to the gate so we could get off when the ferry reached the other side. Frank follows me ad starts questioning me on the Madina Lake posters he had seen in my room. “You snoop around girl’s bedrooms much Frank?” I ask with raised eyebrow.
“Nah just yours.” He replies with a sly smile. I liked the way he was willing to joke around like this. If I’d said that to Tom he’d just have gotten flustered and then annoyed when he realised I was just joking around with him. “You like them?” He asks, referring back to Madina Lake.
“Yeah I love them! I think the whole thing’s really clever. With the whole band being a concept and all. Plus the songs are amazing. I love Stars, and Pandora.” I babble. This is what happens when you get me talking about something I love.
“I like Me vs. the World.” He says. Wow he likes Madina Lake too. I knew he wasn’t into the same music as his crowd at school but I hadn’t realised h was into my kind of music. I guess the cloths should have been a bit of a give away
I’m wondering for the millionth time that day why me and Frank hadn’t started talking again sooner when the ferry reaches the other side. The usual bump makes me stumble and I fall on Frank quite un-gracefully.
“Whoops.” I say before we burst out laughing. I stop when I realise that we’re still holding each other. “Erm we should probably get off the ferry now.” I say, pulling back. He looks as embarrassed as me which I guess is a good thing? I don’t know. Anyway he’s talking to me now so I suppose I should be listening rather than asking myself questions in my head.
“…so I was thinking that we could either see Fantastic Four or Wedding Daze. I would suggest a scary one but you’d have your eyes shut through most of it.”
“I would not!” I reply, knowing full well that I would but he didn’t need to know that. “Or we could see Spiderman?” I suggest.
“Oo Yeah! It’s a plan!” he agrees. Wow we even have quite similar tastes in movies … I love Spiderman, and by the over enthusiastic reaction he just gave me to that suggestion I’m guessing that he does too.
We walk the 5 minutes to the open air shopping precinct that the cinema is in, talking about the other Spiderman films and about the ‘emo’ Spiderman in this new one. We get to the cinema (up an escalator! I love those too!) and walk straight up to the desk because no one else was really seeing films today at this quite weird time.
“I’ll go first.” Frank says and pushes in front of me without waiting for a reply.
“Oh such a gentleman.” I say sarcastically. He just winks at me.
“2 tickets for Spiderman 3 please mate.” He says to the guy at the cash register.
“Frank! I can get my own.”
“No you can’t.”
“Oh can’t I?”
“No…”
“Fine. I’m not complaining.” I say slightly baffled at this slightly boyfriend-esque behaviour.
“I’m making up for the last 5 years I should have been here for you.”
“Aww.” I say, it was really the only thing to say. We get popcorn and drinks and head through to the screen. There were 3 other people in there but it was good. At least we had a good choice of seats.
We both enjoy the film and have a small popcorn fight until we both realise that we wanted to eat it. We both crack up when Peter Parker does his little dance outside the suit shop and Frank looks at me to check I’m Ok while he’s doing his little revenge thing in the jazz bar. I loved it. After being screwed around so much the idea of revenge fascinates me.
Once the film’s over I run off to the loos and then we both run off to Burger King. “Haha! That dance! Man I thought I was going to rupture something.”
“I know. I was getting ready to call an ambulance.”
“Hey you were laughing too.” I pout and throw my gherkin across the table at him. The cleaner gives me a boggy look which of course sets me off on more hysterics.
My God I hope he doesn’t thing I’m a complete loon. Then he starts giggling like a girl and I laugh even harder.

Frank’s POV- ‘Don’t hate us coz we’re happy, don’t hate us coz we’re beautiful’
It’s good to see her laughing even if it is manically. Her laugh is so contagious she’s got me doing my little girly giggle now. We calm down and make a swift exit from Burger King, hurriedly finishing our food before we were made to leave. You know coz laughing is such a crime.
We get on the ferry after a mad sprint from the train station down to the end of the jetty. We sit upstairs again and talk about guitars and about Bob. When the bump comes this time she’s ready so unfortunately I don’t get to catch her. There’s always next time.
“Are you going home now?” I ask her as we leave the tunnel that leads down to where you catch the ferry from.
“Probably. Bob will be wondering where I am.”
“I’ll come with. I was meant to be seeing them tonight.”
“Cool.” She smiles at me and I can tell she’s pleased that she won’t have to walk home on her own. How someone could cheat on her I don’t know. Then again who needs a bet to get the courage to ask her out?
“You Ok Frank?” She asks me, obviously concerned at my silence. I nod and try to find something to say. She beats me to it. “Do you think I could hang with you guys tonight? I didn’t get a chance to arrange anything with Tom…”
“Yeah that’s fine.” I answer her. Why would I say no? And Gerard wouldn’t dare pull anything with Bob around.
“I think you should go emo and do funny dances in the street.” Amy states randomly. “Then I could stand next to you with a charity pot and people could give me money to get you medicated.”
“Oh thanks.” I says then add, “I dance like that anyway I don’t need an emo hair cut to do that.” Then of course I have to demonstrate. She laughs again, her eyes lighting up and I can’t think of anything but making her keep smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story