Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 11

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

Part 11

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-08-31 - Updated: 2007-08-31 - 1288 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 11
Amy’s POV- ‘A flash of dark interest steers us into this car crash’
“Is it cool if Frank has break with us today” I ask Tom on our way up to tutor. I knew he wouldn’t be Ok with it really but will say yes anyway. To be honest I don’t care. It wasn’t Tom who had sat with me crying and moaning to them for 2 hours straight last night. It had been Frank. Letting him ditch his loser friends and spend breaks with me was the least I could do. It was going to be embarrassing seeing though, seeing him again. I had been in quite a state last night.
“Are you two like mates now then?” Tom asks me as we take our usual seats.
“I think so we were friends ages ago though. We just like rekindled it.”
“That’s cool… I guess.” Tom says with a disapproving look on his face that makes it obvious he thinks it is anything but cool.
“Tom I’m not going to get hurt we’re just mates.”
“Who skip school together?”
“It was once!” I say getting annoyed now, since when did he have the right to judge me? “I wish people wouldn’t think so badly of him. He’s not the same person he was when he did those crappy things to those girls. He’s grown up.”
“And you’re not the same girl who sat next to me in science on Monday and told me that you weren’t going to be so easily lead by arsehole guys.”
“He’s different Tom. He’s a friend.” I say, emphasising the last word. “Well believe what you want about him but he’ll be there at break and have a feeling he’ll be hanging around with us more so you’ll just have to get used to him.”
“You don’t have to get shitty with me.” he says with a cold look in his eyes.
“I know. I’m sorry Tom. I just, I wasn’t feeling too great last night and Frank was really great about it. Arseholes don’t tell you you’re perfect. They tell you you’re sexy.”
“You could have called me.”
“It was kind of late.”
“So?”
“Look it was nothing. He wouldn’t ever replace you…”
“-Did I say I thought he would?”
“It sounded like it…”
“What ever Amy.” He says and pulls out his ICT homework. I take the hint and shut up. I hated these arguments. We didn’t argue that much but if we were both a bit emotional we could end up having these really huge rows over nothing. I hated it. Plus now I had no one to confess what I’d almost done last night to. I wanted to talk to him about it but I’d blown my chance now by telling him about Frank straight away.
I could be a bit careless with Tom’s feeling sometimes. I guess sometimes I just liked being the bad guy instead of the one who got hurt. Except I usually ended up hurting myself too because I hate being mean to Tom. He meant the world to me. We were both quite over emotional too. We were the kinds of people that probably shouldn’t be mates but were, so problems arose every now and then, but we always got over them. We had learnt to be forgiving of each other.
We’re dismissed and I head for maths. Tom had it too but he left before I had a chance to ask if I could walk over with him. It wasn’t very far so I didn’t mind walking alone. It was more what Tom walking off meant. Man I hate our rows. It wasn’t even a semi decent one this time either.
Just as I take my seat Frank comes crashing through the door. I laugh and he smiles back at me.
“Oh God. Not Frank?” Amanda asks from where she’s seated next to me, actually she begs but that’s beyond the point.
“We’re just mates. I used to know him and then he started hanging out with Bob so I got to know him again.” I explain. Wondering why I felt like I had to justify mine and Frank’s newly found friendship.
“Right… Just be careful.” She says with a reluctant sigh. I open my mouth to argue in Frank’s defence but the teacher starts talking and shut up because I actually need to pass this.
An hour of quadratic equations and cos, sin and tan graphs complete with hand actions later I’m on my way to double Health. I liked Health but Emily annoyed the hell out of me. She seemed rather two faced about nearly every one she knew which meant you just knew that she would repeat anything you told her to anyone who would listen if she thought it was worthy of juicy gossip status.
I sit down in our newly reclaimed seats and start on the first task. That way I could do the work and then when Emily comes in I could pretend to listen to her gossip without her stopping me every three seconds from writing.
Sure enough just as I finish the sheet Emily sits down in her seat and whispers loudly. “Oh my God you’ll never guess what I just heard.” I resign myself to a half hearted day dream but when the name ‘Frank’ pops up in her excited babble I snap to attention. “What did you just say?” I ask her, hoping she wouldn’t expect me to be this enthusiastic ever again.
“He got hit by that Tom kid who follows you around like you’ve got his balls in a jar. Your brother rescued him but neither of them hit him back. Apparently he was really going for it, Tom that is. I caught the tail end of it, one of Tom’s other mates, that goofy one who looks like he’s going bald, was ushering him away when, Bam!” She mimes slapping someone at this and the teacher looks over at us curiously, “Jenna storms right up to Frank and slaps him for turning her down so he could run around with you.”
“Woah. Is he Ok?” I ask, feeling guilty for putting Tom in the bad mood that probably made him start on Frank.
“Yeah, unfortunately.”
“What?” I ask, my anger flaring up in defence.
“He deserves everything he gets after the way he’s treated people.”
“You mean like sitting with me for 2 hours last night while I sobbed into his chest, or watching chick flicks with me to keep me company rather that watching cheep porn with his friends? Or maybe you mean walking me home in the rain after I’ve just witnessed my boyfriend cheating on me? Man guys like that sure do deserve a beating.” I roll my eyes in exasperation, then dread every word that’s come out of my mouth because I just know that it will be round school by the end of first break.
“What ever.” Emily finally says in reply to my rant.
I just sit and think about why I’d reacted so badly to Emily then. I tended to just humour her opinions on things as they were based mostly on gossip anyway. The time I didn’t spend that lesson thinking about the potential gossip that could be made out of what I’d just blurted out I spend worrying about Frank and wondering what on earth had possessed Tom to hit him.
Sign up to rate and review this story