Categories > Original > Romance

Me And The Minibar

by x_danny_x 0 reviews

Amanda is alone in her hotel room. What will happen?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-09-01 - Updated: 2007-10-14 - 671 words - Complete

0Unrated
1:46.

That's what time it was in Boston. And thats what time it was in Amanda Palmer's hotel room. 1:46 in the fucking morning. She sighed as she sat down on the bed. She was all alone. And on her birthday for heavens sake. She didn't have a boyfriend. not any more, atleast. Or even friends for that matter. Her so-called 'friends' had abandoned her years ago. Just like her parents did. She got up and walked over to the huge mirror in her bathroom.

"What are you going to do with yourself Amanda?"

"You're 32 years old, wearing striped tights and a black dress in an empty hotel room."

"You have no friends, your boyfriend left you, all you have is your piano." yes, her beloved piano. The one that would accompany her beautifully written songs. Written at times like this.

"You're just a tortured soul Amanda, with no hope"

" I mean, just take a look at your songs, they're just as fucked up as you are."

"You can't even read music" She cringed at the thought of why she couldn't read music. That damned Anthony, if it weren't for him, she might be able to read music. If he hadn't of seduced her. You see, he was her piano teacher a while back. And he seduced her instead of teaching her the piano. Although she let herself be seduced, she couldn't help but feel it wasn't her fault.

Max left her last night. She really loved him. It was real true love. That's why she rented this hotel room. For them. But he wasn't here. So it was just her and the minibar. She walked over and sat down on the bed again. She had made the room up really nice too. But that doesn't matter now. She closed all the windows, put signs on the door handles, and stripped down to her dun-dun-duns. She decided to have a drink, so wondering what her choices were, she walked over to the minibar.

"Hmmm...lets see...Jack Daniels.....Smirnof......Corona light...." she mumbled to herself. She settled on Jack Daniels. Now, she sat on her bed, a bottle of Jack daniels and she could hear the room down the hall....318....man, they were really happening. But If they knew what her night was coming to, they'd vomit and run. She got up and lit the candles from the wal*mart that she bought last night. Hey, she might as well make the most of it. One hour and half a bottle later she decided to write a song. She pulled out her battered notebook and pen. Her fingers slid over the white pages.

/
"bring two prix fixe dinners up
I'll unwrap the plastic cups
it's just us my love
it's just us my love"/

she wrote

/"I will make the room up nice
put your insides all on ice
it was real true love
it was real true love

close all the windows
put signs on the handles
and strip down to my dun-dun-duns
you have gone so far
you have gone so far

and tonight
its just me and the minibar

candles from the Wal*Mart that
every city has to have
that I bought last night
that I bought last night

I was so excited to
do such normal things with you
when you left last night
with your toothbrush dry

no such details will spoil my plan
that is the kind of girl I am


can you hear room 318...?
man they're really happening...
they're a wild bunch
they're a wild bunch

but if they just knew
what my night was coming too
god would they vomit and run
you have gone so far
you have gone too far
so tonight
it's just me and the minibar
nobody else
and I sing at the top of my lungs
happy birthday us
happy birthday us "/

Wow, song writing came easy to her. Well, when she was expirienced with what she was writing, that is.

"Happy birthday us....Happy birthday us..." She sang.
Sign up to rate and review this story