Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little More Touch Me

21. Desperation

by riaryder 3 reviews

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-09-02 - Updated: 2007-09-02 - 1040 words - Complete

0Exciting
21. Megan

I squinted into the bright sunlight as I stepped off the plane at O’Hare airport. I had lost all track of time in the cascading emotions of the past days and quite frankly I didn’t know what day it was, never mind what time. My hand went absently and protectively to my stomach. I certainly hadn’t expected to be back in Chicago still carrying my precious cargo. I allowed a myself a small smile and a promise to my unborn child that I would make this alright. Whatever that meant right now.

I took a cab directly to his apartment. I knew it was best not to warn him I was coming. A snake like him would never face me, would never look me in the eye and admit he had been out of line. I would be relishing the thought of the look on his face when I confronted him if I wasn’t so repulsed by the very thought of it.

I tentatively knocked on the door and waited. It was only moments before he threw the door open. The shock on his face as he realised it was me quickly gave way to a sneer.

“Well, hey there, Megan. You here to finish what we started the other night?” he leant on the door frame, eyeing my body up and down.

I felt a shiver of revulsion flow through me.

“Sure, Brett. Whatever,” I smiled sarcastically at him as I pushed unceremoniously past him.

He led me into a large kitchen, grabbing a beer from the fridge and shrugging as I declined the same.

“So, you want to come into my bedroom?” he wiggled suggestive eyebrows at me.

“Well, let me see,” I began, anger rising in my throat. “Are you going to try and rape me again? Push me around, slap me a little maybe?”

“Woah, there,” he raised his hands in front of his chest “ I don’t think I know what you’re talking about, there.”

“Really? Well, that’s interesting. Because this bruise on my throat, and one on my thigh are keeping my memory pretty fresh, Brett.” My calm matter-of-fact tone surprised even me.

“Well, the way I remember it, you liked it a little bit rough,” he moved closer to me, running a finger the length of my arm.

“Funny then that I told you to stop three times. And you called me a whore and slapped me. Funny that I don’t remember LIKING any of that Brett,” I spat out at him through gritted teeth.

“Yeah, well, you girls are all the same. Tease, tease, tease. But when you get it, you like it. No matter how many times you say stop,” the teasing tone had gone from his voice. When I looked at his face, I was suddenly afraid of him again. The steel in his eyes suddenly made me wonder what the hell I was doing here.

“What the hell do you want, Megan?” his tone was cold.

I swallowed hard and fought to make my voice as steady as I could. “I want you to drop the charges against Joe,” I shrugged “that’s all.”

He laughed humourlessly at me. “That’s all? And why would I do that? He tried to humiliate me the first day I met him. I told you he would regret it.”

“That’s what this is about? A stupid argument in a parking lot?” I was incredulous.

“What else did you think it was?” he seemed puzzled, before realisation dawned on him. “You thought this was about you?” he laughed aloud. “You actually thought I give enough of a shit about you to get your boyfriend sent to jail?”

“I just thought…” he didn’t let me finish.

“You’re just a piece of ass Megan. Just another chick. You’re nothing special. What were you going to do, offer yourself to me? Offer yourself on a plate to get your deadbeat boyfriend off the hook?” the surprise on his face told me he wasn’t lying.

I had totally misread this. If I was honest, I was going to grin and bear it. I was going to let him have me in return for dropping the charges.

And now? Now, I just didn’t know what to do.

“Well, well, well. That’s quite a proposition. But you know what. I think I’m going to have to turn you down there Meggy.” The practiced sneer had returned. “Because watching you cry over him will just be too much fun. Three to five years, my father said. Think you can wait that long?” He taunted me openly.

I felt tears spring to my eyes, but fought them back. I wouldn’t let him see me cry. I gathered my thoughts quickly. I was going to have to stoop to his level.

I steadied my nerves. “And what sentence does attempted rape get, Brett?”

He narrowed his eyes at me, but the sneer remained. “I think you know the answer to that. But who’s going to believe a whore lap dancer over me?”

“What about a pregnant whore lap dancer?” I watched him carefully.

His eyes widened slightly. “A whore’s a whore. Pregnant or not,” he shot back quickly.

“What about a pregnant whore lap dancer with the CCTV tape?”

He eyed me suspiciously. I swore I saw a flicker of fear in his eyes. And I knew I had him.

“You’re bluffing,” he spat through gritted teeth.

“Am I?” I dared him.

“There is no tape,” I wasn’t sure if he was telling me or trying to convince himself.

“And you’re sure of that are you. You’re willing to put your reputation on the line on a rape charge. I have the tape Brett. And I will use it,” I stood to leave, leaving him reeling in shock.

“You have until 5 to go to the police and drop the charges. Otherwise, I take the tape to them. It’s your choice.”

I walked towards the door, willing my legs not to shake.

I knew there was no tape. But I prayed to God he wouldn’t call my bluff.
Sign up to rate and review this story