Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey

:: That's All I Ask of You ::

by fihsh 2 reviews

A short, oneshot, song fic with the song 'That's All I Ask of You' from 'Phantom of the Opera' DiexShinya fluff

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Die,Shinya - Published: 2007-09-04 - Updated: 2007-09-05 - 1451 words - Complete

0Unrated
I don't care if you hate this xD I wrote it to get my frustrations out while trying to do vector art and while I was watching Phantom of the Opera. I needed a sappy, cliche little oneshot to stop me from stabbing my computer... so here you go!!

---


No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears.
I'm here, nothing can harm you -
my words will warm and calm you.


He wiped my eyes softly with the tip of his thumb, staring at me. "Don't cry anymore, I'm here," He said softly, holding me tightly to him.
"Thank you," I said, falling into him.
"You've been crying too long, your eyes are so red..."
I looked away, "Sorry... I just... I miss him."
He wrapped his arms around me tighter, "I know you do; it'll be alright... I can't stand to see you cry anymore."

Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry your tears.


"I'm sorry," I apologized, "I can't help it."
"Don't apologize... it's alright." He whispered to me.
"I don't want to upset you."
"It's okay to cry, it's just that I don't like to see you in pain."
"I know," I said softly, closing my eyes against his shoulder.

I'm here, with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you . . .


"All that matters to me is that you feel better," He said softly.
"Thanks."
"You can always come to me if you need someone to talk to. You can tell me anything."
"I know..."
"Do you have something to say now?"
"I think so... I just don't know how to say it," I turned my eyes away from him.
He rubbed my back softly, "Just say it, it's not that hard."
"It is."
"Just try," He said gently.


Say you love me every waking moment,
turn my head with talk of summertime . . .


"Die..." I hesitated.
"Yeah?" He urged me on.
"I love you."
"What?"
"...I love you, Die," I said, my eyes tearing up in fear of rejection again.
"Shinya... it's not a dream, is it?"
"What do you mean?"
"Are you lying to me?"
"Why would I lie?"
"I love you too," His fingers curled at my back.

Say you need me with you,
now and always . . .


"You do?"
"Of course I do," I said very softly, I had to strain to hear him.
"For how long?"
"Too long... I thought it was hopeless. And for you?"
"The same."
"I'm glad... that now we both know."
"Me too."

Promise me that all you say is true -
that's all I ask of you . . .


"This has to be a dream," he said softly.
"Why do you say that?"
"Because you can't be serious... you can't feel the same way I do."
"And why not?"
"Because I've wanted it for too long."
"So have I... but I really do love you... I promise."
"I do too..."

Let me be your shelter,
let me be your light.


He held me tighter, "I still can't believe it... no matter how much I want to. I want to think that it isn't just a dream, but I'm afraid that once I do... I'll wake up."
"Then let me wake up beside you and I'll keep telling you that I love you every time," I said softly. "I wouldn't ever leave your side."

You're safe: no one will find you
your fears are far behind you . . .


"You'll stay with me?" He asked gently, holding me protectively.
"Of course I will."
"Then you can stop crying, can't you?"
I nodded, "I can now."


All I want is freedom,
a world with no more night . . .


Thunder clapped in the distance, a bright flash following a few seconds later. I clutched Die tighter.
"You don't like storms?"
I shook my head, "He would always comfort me whenever it stormed."
"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?" He held me tighter, "I'll hold you until it's over, alright?"

And you always beside me
to hold me and to hide me . . .


I wrapped my arms around his thin waist, burying my face in his shoulder. He put his hands over my ears as I felt the room shake from the thunder, but it didn't scare me like it normally did.
"Does that work?" He smiled at me.
I nodded slightly and moved closer to him.
"Sitting down would make this easier," He said, pulling me down to the couch.


Then say you'll share with
me one love, one lifetime . . .


"I still can't believe this," he said softly.
I looked up into his pretty eyes, "Why do you say that?"
"I don't know... but I think it's amazing that you really feel the same way. I love you."
"I love you too... so much," I hugged him tightly.
"Always?"
"And forever."

Let me lead you from your solitude . . .
Say you need me with you here, beside you . . .


He took my hand softly, pulling me closer. "I love you... so much."
"I love you too; I've said it so much... I don't think I've ever said it so much to someone."
"I like hearing it; I always wondered what it would sound like coming from your pretty lips."
I looked away slightly and moved to stand.
"Where are you going?"
"I was going to go to the kitchen for a second..."
He took my hand, "What do you need? I'll come with..."

Anywhere you go,
let me go too -


"Alright, come on," I smiled.
We walked into the kitchen and I prepared two mugs of hot chocolate, putting them in the microwave for us.
"Yum," he grinned.
"You like hot chocolate?"
"Very much, with marshmallows?"
"Of course," I laughed.

That's all I ask
of you . . .


The timer beeped and I pulled the two mugs out. I handed one to Die and sprinkled some little marshmallows in it for him.
"Thanks," he smiled and leaned against the counter with me. He slipped an arm around my waist, "I love this already."
"Me too," I smiled at him, resting a head on his shoulder.
"We can be like this forever..."

Say you'll share with
me one love, one lifetime . . .


"I hope we are. This is nice, being able to love and spend time together like we are... that's all I want when I'm with someone."
"That's what I've always wanted, but it usually ends up that I go with someone just for looks," Die sighed softly.
I paused, staring at him.
"But of course that's not why I said I love you... I mean, you're absolutely beautiful, but I love your personality too."
"Why?" I asked gently.
"Because you're so kind and loving. You're willing to give helping to anyone who needs it, and you won't immediately give yourself up. I've always wanted someone like that, Shinya."
"I've always wanted someone like you too."

Say the word
and I will follow you . . .


"Let's go back to the couch, ne?" Die smiled.
I nodded and we walked back out, carrying our drinks.
We sat down and I snuggled close to him, my head resting on his chest. I'd completely forgotten about the storm outside, though it still echoed through the room, I was too focused on Die to care.

Share each day with me,
Each night, each morning . . .


He ran a hand through my hair, "God... I can't believe it, you're so perfect, I never want to leave your side."
I smiled, "I never want to leave your side either... but I think I'd get really annoying after a while."
"You could never get annoying. I would love every second we spent together."
"Like what?"
"Like... every time you wake up beside me, your hair all messed up, a sleepy smile on your face..." He smiled.
"Or when you fall asleep at night, a little grin on your pretty lips, whispering goodnight."
"Sitting at breakfast, not believing the luck."
"And sitting across from you, not believing it either," I almost whispered. We had moved very close as we'd filled in sentences for each other.

Love me -
that's all I ask of you . . .


He touched my face lightly, having set the mug of hot chocolate down. He moved closer, "Can we?"
I nodded and he pressed his lips gently to mine.
A shock spread through my whole body and I pressed closer, letting him go deeper. He pulled back after a second.
He stared into my eyes, "I love you, and I think I always will."
"Me too," I answered him, and met him in another soft kiss.


---

Comment if you like! I'd love a little feedback to see if my little bit of leisure writing is anything above total crap xD
Anyway.
Thanks for reading!! < 3
Sign up to rate and review this story