Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You'll be a lover in my bed and a gun to my head

A Heart of Stone, a smoking gun. I can give you life, I can take it away.

by rainbowsprinkles08 3 reviews

thanks soooo much to those commenting!!!!!!!!!! this is dedicated to you!!!!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-09-17 - Updated: 2007-09-17 - 1208 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brendon’s POV


I have to admit, I honestly didn’t know what to think when Kate called. I mean, its not like our relationship ended badly, but we hadn’t talked much since it did end. When she asked me to meet up for lunch, I was fine with it. After all, she was one of my better girlfriends.


She actually called me while I was still in bed with Ryan which was awkward to wake up to. I mean I woke up to my phone going off and having my arms wrapped around the guy I’m in love with… yeah… that’s interesting. I rolled out of bed, carefully untangling myself from Ryan. I walked out of the room to answer and when I did I was surprised to hear her voice. We talked for a while, just catching up, then she mentioned she was in the same city and asked if we could meet up, like I mentioned earlier. I agreed and we set a place and time.


I walked back into my and Ryan’s room and glanced at Ryan’s sleeping form while before I moved to the shower. I thought about what happened last night and what could come out of my lunch with Kate. We had had a pretty serious relationship. But we ended up not being able to see each other much when the band started to take off and we fell out of love. It was both of our decision to break up.


Jump to me and Kate sitting across from each other in a booth at small café not too far from the hotel. She hasn’t changed much since the last time I saw her. Her skin is just the same tone, not pale (like me) and not tan. Her eyes are the same green, not that eyes change color. She has the same figure, thin but not anorexic and she seems a little shorter, but maybe that’s just because I have grown a bit. The only thing that I can really pin as different is her hair. Its longer and a darker color but it looks great on her. She’s still as gorgeous as I remember.


After the awkward first greeting and finding a place to sit, we look at the menus quietly. When the waitress comes we both place our drink and food orders and we are left in silence once again. We seem to be measuring the other up, looking in each other’s eyes, looking for any sign of anything different, I personally don’t see anything, but it seems to me that she notices something in me because of the worried look on her face.


“So, how have you been, Kate?” I ask looking at my hands which are resting on the table in front of me.


“I’ve been pretty good.” She said nodding. “How about you? Hows fame treating you?”


I smiled and looked up to meet her eyes. “I’ve been doing fairly well, I guess. Fame.” I looked up at the ceiling sighing. How can you describe something you both love and hate? “Fame, is amazing and shitty at the same time. Sometimes it gets lonely ya know?”


“But you have your bands mates to share it with and the friends, like Pete Wentz.” She stated and asked at the same time.


“Yeah, I have friends, but that’s it. I haven’t had a serious girlfriend since, well, you.”


“Oh.”


This is an awkward silence... I thought to myself.


Finally our food came, making the situation a bit less awkward.


“Do you have a boyfriend or anything?” I asked after a minute of eating. Just out of curiosity. I want to know that she’s doing well, right? I’m not going to be jealous if she has one…right?


She shook her head. “No, nobody has caught my eye,” She looked up and met my eye. “since you, that is.”


We sat there staring at each other from across the table. She was the first to break it after a few minutes, looking back down at her food.


“But that was in the past…” She commented and the subject was dropped.


The sudden movement caught me by surprise and it took me a minute to process what happened and to react. “Erm, yeah…in the past…” I mumbled as I went back to picking at my food.


We made quiet chit chat for the rest of the meal, just catching up on things that have been going on since we’ve been apart. But it didn’t last long and soon we were both finished with out meals and waitress came and took the empty plates.


“So, um, what do you have planned for the rest of the day?” I asked taking a sip of my drink.


“Nothing. Gonna go back to the hotel and watch TV or go to the mall or something.” She said letting her eyes wander around the restaurant.


“What? No! you’re gonna come back to the hotel with me!” I said grinning. I wasn’t ready to leave her yet.


“Really? Are you sure that’s ok?”


“Yeah! Of course! You’ll get a chance to meet Jon and Spencer and of course you already know Ryan.”


“Ok. I guess if you’re sure.” She murmured.


“I’m sure. Come on.” I said getting up and holding out my hand for her to take.


She looked up at me from her seat and smiled, taking my hand. We walked out of the restaurant and started back towards the hotel not letting our hands drop.


The walk back was pleasant enough, our hands swinging between us, making small talk. We walked through the doors of the hotel and waited for the elevator to come. The elevator dinged and we walked in watching the numbers as they changed.


Soon, the doors slid open and we stepped out into the hallway. I stopped in front of our room and searched for my key, still holding Kate’s hand. I inserted the key and unlocked the door and pushed it open revealing Jon sprawled on the couch reading Cosmo and Spencer eating a bowl of cereal while watching TV, the spoon stopped halfway to his mouth as he looked between Kate and I and down at our hands.


“Hey guys, this is Kate. And Kate, this is Jon and Spencer.” I introduced.


“Hey there.” Jon said cheerfully.


“Uh, hi.” Spencer said, replacing his spoon in his bowl and placing the bowl on the table.


“Hey.” Kate waved.


“Hey guys, what-” Ryan mumbled scratching the back of his head with a towel, drying his wet looking hair. He had obviously just stepped out of the shower since he only had jeans on and pretty damp hair. I did my best not to stare at his chest. He stopped mid step and mid sentence when he saw me and Kate standing there and just looked at us, nobody saying anything.


“Uh, hey Ryan, you remember Kate?” I managed to get out.


He stood there for a second then turned on his heels into our bedroom not saying a word and shut the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story