Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 23

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

Part 23... only 4 more after this! but then you get a sequel!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-17 - Updated: 2007-09-17 - 1520 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 23
Frank’s POV- ‘Hey did you get some, man that is so dumb.’
After much protesting from the girls me and Mikey finally get our way and split the bill between us. Then we step out into the now cool air and make our way down to ground level (the cinema and restaurants are up a floor) and head out of the precinct to the ferry.
When Charli and Amy had resurfaced from the toilets Charli was grinning from ear to ear and Amy was looking thoughtful but happy enough, kind of reassured. As she sat down I had put an arm around her shoulders that seemed to shrink in size every time I did so, she leant into me and instantly relaxed. It was nice doing that to someone, being able to calm them and put them in a special place simply by touching them.
We get on the ferry, taking seats inside as it’s quite chilly now. I sit next to Amy and we cuddle up close, both of us taking open advantage of the fake status we’re sharing tonight. “So how long until you guys have your first exam?” Charli asks us from where her and Mikey are sat on the bench opposite us. I feel my stomach clench at the mention of our final GCSE exams. I was so going to fail everything and end up being so under qualified they won’t even let me be a dustbin man.
“A week.” Amy says with a grimace. “What about yours?”
“2 weeks until my first.”
“Same.” Mikey replies.
“Gerard is one lucky b*stard.” I state which meets quickly agreeing nods from everyone. He would be the only one of us not taking ay sort of exam this year.
“Then again he has to put up with us all stressing and probably yelling collectively at him if he suggests going anywhere when we have a big exam coming up.” Amy reminds us and I can’t but feel sorry for the guy.
“That’s where you two are lucky.” Mikey sulks. “All of mine and Charli’s exams are big.” He sighs and we all sit around looking pretty depressed. Speculation was already going round school about the day we’d be leaving and the girls were working themselves into a frenzy about prom which would be held a week after last exam.
“So Amy, you got a prom date yet?” Charli asks with a not so subtle glance in my direction that read ‘jump in at anytime’ while I wonder for the 10th time if she could read minds, about mentioning prom I mean… not asking Amy as my date.
“No, I’m not that bothered though. It’ll be cool just to do it as a girly thing.”
“Yeah I suppose but still it would be nice to say you have a date though!”
“Yeah…” She replies slightly wistfully.
“You never know Bob may be able to hitch you up with one of his friends.” Charli persists and Mikey starts choking as he battles to hold back laughter at her bluntness.
“Nah, all Bob’s mates are skanks.” Amy replies, giving Mikey a sceptical look as he struggles to breathe and then looking up at me to stick her tongue out childishly.
“We’re here.” Mikey announces, finally able to straighten up. We pile off the ferry and into Gerard’s waiting car.
As soon as we come into Gerard’s eyesight I detach myself from Amy. Making sure I manage to get the front seat so that I won’t have to see her confused, maybe even hurt, face. I just didn’t want him to get the wrong impression and say something while we were in the car. I don’t want him to ruin this.
“Good film?” Gerard asks as the car pulls away and we turn left.
“Yeah, Frank was petrified.” Mikey answers him from the back. I turn around to tell him to shut up and can’t help seeing Amy’s baffled and sure enough hurt face. Her and Charli are exchanging those telepathic looks girls have and I just know it’s something to do with the way I just acted.
“Hey stop abusing my brother just because you’re a complete pansy.” Gerard says, taking his eyes off the road for a second to smile at me. I just roll my eyes at him and smile out of the window instead.
Gerard drops Charli off at her house first and we sit in silence while we wait for Mikey to say goodbye. I go to start up conversation with Amy a few times but she looks pointedly out the window. Eventually Mikey returns to tell us he was staying at Charli’s for a while. After a lot of complaining about having to sit around for nothing Gerard pulls away from the curb and heads over to Amy and Bob’s house. “I’m just popping in for a minute Frank so you might want to come in too.” Gerard informs me, we all get out the car. Amy walks quickly up to the front door while Gerard locks the car up. I start slowly up the path and follow Amy into the house. “Gerard’s just coming.” I explain to Bob who’s poked his head around the side of the living room door.
“How was the film Amy?” Bob asks her. She smiles and says sit was great but that she’s tired and is going to bed. “Oh where’s Mum and Dad?” She asks him with one foot on the bottom step of the stairs.
“Dad’s upstairs in bed, he was feeling pretty rough. Mum’s on nights.” The two share a knowing look after the news about their Dad’s where a bouts and I feel embarrassed to understand.
“Night Frank.” Amy says then flounces upstairs.
“Hold up!” I say and follow her. Gaining odd looks from Bob and Gerard who had finally finished locking up the car.
“Amy what’s up?” I ask her outside her room.
“Oh just you know… certain guy… I like him, think he likes me, we act like we’re together all night and I know it was just pretend but I thought it meant as much to him as it did to me. By the way he went cold on me as soon as his mate turned up I’m guessing that’s not the case.” She says all this in a whisper so as not to disturb her Dad but angry tears are glistening in her eyes. I step forward, wrapping my arms around her and kiss her deeply. She brings her arms up from her side, one of them loops around my shoulders, and the other comes up to my neck, her fingers running their way through my hair.
We break away and I realise that I have to explain now or I may never get the chance again. “It’s just Gerard, he, well I’m not totally sure but I think he may have feelings for you and I didn’t want to hurt his feelings.” The lie falls out of my mouth before I even contemplate telling it.
“Oh… I’m sorry… I just… I thought you’d just been stringing me along or didn’t like me or something…” She says with a sheepish smile. She lowers her hands so that they rest around my waist.
“I meant it.”
“Good.” She grins at me, gives me another, smaller, kiss on the lips then whispers goodnight before vanishing into her room.
I go downstairs thinking of her, knowing that she’s thinking of me too. “Hey goofy what you grinning for?” Gerard asks me, he’s pulling his jacket on and removing the keys from his pocket. I follow him out the door and wave goodbye to Bob before replying with a lame. “I’m just happy.”
“Suppose I owe you some money then.” He says as we speed off into the night.
“What? No.”
“You two didn’t get together?”
“No.”
“But you kissed?”
“Well… yeah.”
“But you never asked her out?”
“No, yes… I didn’t ask her out.” I stammer, confusing myself under the pressure of his questions that were more like accusations. “Look Gerard I don’t think this bet thing is such a good idea anymore. I mean we’re playing around with her emotions. And she’s Bob’s sister.”
“I’m not the one working my charm on her.” He replies. We pull up in front of my house but I make no moves to get out.
“Please Gee?”
“Stop anytime you want.”
“Can’t we just call the bet off?” I ask again as I begin to get out of the car.
“I’ll think about it. Now get yourself inside before you get stabbed.” He says, eyeing a group of hooded boys walking in our direction.
“Later Gerard.”
“Sweet dreams.” He replies with a smirk and drives off leaving nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth.
Sign up to rate and review this story