Categories > Original > Horror

Wanna See Something Freaky?

by lost_in_the_shuffle 3 reviews

A guy clicks on a flashing banner, and gets more then he bargained for.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-17 - Updated: 2007-09-18 - 1032 words - Complete

0Cliche
Zander had just moved to New York a month before, and didn’t know anyone. He pretty much went to work, then came home and got online. He was bored, lonely and beginning to think he had made the biggest mistake of his life. One night he couldn’t sleep, so he got online and was surfing the web. He came upon the banner, quite by accident, “wanna see something freaky?” It flashed, and Zander clicked on it. A new screen popped up, showing a room that only contained a bed. A young blonde woman was tied to the bed, struggling and crying out.
“This is sick,” Zander thought and clicked off the window. The phone rang, and Zander got up to answer it.
“Don’t you want to know what happened to the woman?” A raspy voice asked him, and Zander stared down at the phone in horror.
He quickly dropped the phone on its cradle, and started to turn off his computer. The phone rang again and he froze, looking at it. Finally he walked over and picked it up.
“I know where you live Zander McCauley,” the same raspy voice said. “Bad things happen to people who don’t watch my videos.”
Zander quickly hung up the phone again, then thought for a moment, before taking it off the hook. He turned off the computer and went to bed.

The next morning he had almost forgotten about the voice and the video. He put his phone back on the hook, then left for work. The day was long and tough, Zander was tired when he got home, so he popped a meal in the microwave and sat down in front of the computer. He turned it on, then stared in disbelief, “wanna see something freaky?” The message blinked on his screen and he knew without a doubt that it was the same one. Slowly almost as if by its own power, his hand reached out and clicked onto the site. The window popped up, showing the same room. This time there was a brown haired woman tied to the bed. Zander watched in horror as a tall figure in a clown suit came into the room, causing the woman to cry out and struggle against her bonds.
The clown came up to the camera and said in a raspy voice, “hello Zander, welcome to the show.”
He pulled out a knife and slowly walked toward the woman, Zander grabbed the mouse and quickly clicked off the window, then sat there shaking with fear and disgust.
Suddenly the phone rang, Zander stared at it, then slowly got up and answered it.
“You missed the best part Zander,” the voice said, “but don’t worry, soon you’ll get a private show.”
The phone clicked as the caller hung up and Zander slowly put the phone down. Overcome with terror he ran toward the door, and left his apartment quickly. He walked down the dark street, realizing how deserted the streets were, suddenly he heard the sound of footsteps behind him. He dared to turn around and saw a tall dark figure following him, his blood went cold and he turned, walking faster. He could hear the footsteps speeding up to, and Zander began to run, he ran as fast as he could down the street, turning a corner, he ran head first into a soft body.
“I’m sorry,” he said to the young woman he almost knocked down,
She smiled at him, “don’t worry,” she said, “no one was hurt.”
He turned and looked behind him, the figure was gone.
He thought about going to the police station, but realized he didn’t have enough evidence. Finally with no other options, he returned to his apartment. But he didn’t put his phone on the hook for the rest of the night.


The next morning, he had the day off, so he did errands he had been putting off during the week. He finally came home and stared at the computer, slowly he sat down and turned it on. The flashing banner ad was there, and he clicked on it again.
When the window popped up, he gasped in surprise, the woman from last night was tied to the bed. He sat there frozen with horror as the man in the clown suit appeared and approached the camera.
“You like this one Zander?” He asked, “you should, you were the one who picked her.”
He pulled out the knife and walked toward the woman, this time Zander watched in morbid fascination as the clown, calmly slit the woman’s throat. He looked at the camera and smiled, taking the knife and licking the blood off it. Suddenly Zander found the strength to move and he quickly clicked off the window.
The phone rang and Zander got up, “what do you want?” He asked.
“I want you to enjoy the show,” the clown said, then laughed evilly before hanging up.

Zander fell into an uneasy sleep that night, before waking up with his heart pounding early in the morning. He lay in bed, listening for what had woken him up, he heard it again. A soft shuffling coming from his living room. He got up and walked toward the room slowly, his computer was on, even though he knew he had turned it off. The banner ad flashed slowly, and Zander approached the computer almost as if he was hypnotized. He sat down at the computer and clicked on the banner, the window popped up, and Zander saw in horror that the room had changed, he was staring at a video of his living room, the camera directed straight onto the desk where his computer sat. He whirled around, just as the clown came up behind him, with a knife.
“Hello Zander,” the clown rasped, “are you ready for the show?”

The girl was bored, she was stuck at home sick, and there was nothing to do. Finally out of pure desperation for something to do, she logged onto her computer.
“You wanna see something freaky?” The flashing banner ad asked, and curious the girl clicked on the link.
Sign up to rate and review this story