Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just Skin..

Part Three

by MyLostInnocence 3 reviews

See one.. Ahh! Next chap is the last one! Byebye ickle story..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-09-21 - Updated: 2007-09-21 - 563 words

0Unrated
When the night of the dance came, Danny was glowing. She was still bald and she was still sick, but she was happier than she had been in months. She was checking herself in her bedroom mirror. She was wearing an elegant white dress and the necklace that Gerard gave her for her birthday.

"How do I look?" Danny asked Lisa.

"You look great." Lisa said, giving her a thumbs-up.

"Even without the…" She asked pointing to her head.

"You. Look. Great.” Lisa said hugging her sister. "Gee's gonna go nuts."

"In a good way, right?" Danny asked.

"Relax!” Lisa said emphatically. "It's gonna be fine!"

"All right, fine." Danny said, looking at herself in the mirror. "What time is it?"

"Uh, quarter to 7." Lisa said, checking her watch. "He should be here any minute."

Knock-knock-knock

"Speak of the devil!" Danny said hearing the knock at the front door.

"OK, me and Mom will let him in, you wait up here till we call you." Lisa said running out the door.

May opened the front door and ushered Gerard in. "Hello, Gerard."

"Hello May. Hey, shortie." Gerard said, walking into the house

"Hey Gee. Danny's gonna go nuts when she sees you. You look gorgeous." Lisa said, suddenly noticing he was wearing a school's team baseball cap. "Except for the hat. What's with that?"

"You'll see.” Gerard said smirking. "So, where’s Danny?"

"I'll get her.” Lisa said going upstairs to Danny's room. "He's here!"

"Well, here goes." Danny said, taking a deep breath.

Lisa ran downstairs first and said in an ultra-cheesy gameshow host like voice "Heeeeeeeere's Dan!"

Danny came down the stairs and saw Gerard standing there with her mom. He looked extremely drool worthy in his tux, though the baseball cap he wore was a little odd.

"You look great." Danny said, hugging him.

"You look gorgeous." Gerard said before kissing her cheek.

"Please." Danny said, giving a self-conscious snicker. "I'm bald. Bald chicks aren't known for gorgeousness."

"You always look gorgeous to me." Gerard said, stroking her cheek.

"I knew there was a reason I loved you." Danny said.

"Besides my puppy fat?" Gerard asked, grinning lecherously.

"Yeah." Danny laughed. "But, one thing though; what's with the hat?"

"Oh, that's a surprise. I thought I'd try a new look." Gerard lifted his hand to the brim of the cap and took it off. Danny stared wide-eyed in disbelief. Her mother and sister were also speechless at the sight before them. Gerard's normal long black hair was gone. He’d shaved his head.

"What?" Danny asked still stunned. "Why did…"

"Figured it might make you feel better about going if you weren't the only person there without hair." Gerard said smiling. Tears stung Danny eyes as she reached over and ran her hand over his head and down the side of his face, just like she did with his hair. She couldn't find the words to express how she felt, so she just kissed him with everything she had.

"I love you." She said, when she pulled away.

"I love you too." Gerard said, holding her close. "Well, what are we waiting for? We got a prom to get to!"

"Yeah!" Danny said, wiping her eyes. She turned to her family and said, "See ya later."

"Bye." Lisa said, wiping her eyes as well.

"Have fun." Her mother said, sniffling.
Sign up to rate and review this story