Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Here Is Your Verse

For You I Will

by killxsmile 3 reviews

second time's the charm. maybe.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-09-22 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 1163 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Plentiful reviews = happyhappyjoyjoy.

glindapsawyer - glad you liked the drunken motor skills =P
kissbetweenstars - yep. now that tyson was thrown into the mix, things are anything but easy.
dflip07 - psh. of course you can deal with the drama llama. you've already made it this far, yo.
jewsicax - sweetness, 2 reviews on one chapter! your feedback makes me smile. i dunno about getting Emi and Pete together "pronto," but it'll happen. maybe. -insert evil laugh here-
pyrotechnist - w00t! thanks for the puppies and scene points!
petewentzlover69 - as of now, pete's still in his "well-she's-with-tyson-and-there's-nothing-i-can-do-about-it" phase. i promise it'll pass soon.
KitKathy4Real - haha. everyone's made it clear that they're on team pete.
i_heart_cliches - thanks for the feedback! i'm always kinda worried that i'm too descriptive/not descriptive enough.
ryanrossISsove - p33tard is the official winner of last chapter, but tyson's still a contender. read this chapter and find out the updated scores.

You guys have no idea who much I love feedback. I mean it when I say that you're the ones who inspire me to write.

Now onto the feature presentation...

Chapter Twenty-Nine: For You I Will

You only want what you can't have, but I've got to try. I'm gonna muster every ounce of confidence I have. For you, I will.
-Teddy Geiger

*
Emi's POV

A screamed "GOOD MORNING!" was what I woke up to. For the second time that day, a loud noise had interrupted my sleep. Opening my eyes, I saw Joe staring back at me with a stupid grin on his face.

"Fucking Trohman..."

I threw a pillow at him then buried my head under the blankets.

"C'mon, you've been in bed forever." He pulled the covers off me and started poking my bruised side. Sadly, Pete wasn't there to be my human shield.
"Quit it," I groaned.
"Not until you get up." I swatted his hand away, but he continued to poke me.

"Hey, leave Emi alone," Patrick said, walking into the bunk area.
"Yeah, what he said," I added.
"But--"
"Joe..."
"Fine, fine..." He pouted and walked toward the front of the bus.

"Thanks, Trick."
"No problem, he said, taking a seat on the edge of my bunk. "How are you holding up?"
"Headache's still there and my stomach's pretty banged up from the barricade, but I'll survive." I sat up and ran a hand through my messy hair.
"But you had fun, right?"
"Of course. I live for shows like these." He smiled.
"Oh, can I get you anything? Aspirin, pizza, lap dancer?
"A lap dancer sounds pretty good right about now, but I'll settle for my notebook," I said, raking my fingers through my hair. "I tossed it somewhere around here last night."
"What's it look like?"
"Green, Pages falling out. Stickers all over the cover.
"Hmm," he said, searching the pile of stuff at the foot of the bunk. "There it is."

As he reached for it, it started moving. Trick's eyes went wide with confusion as the notebook moved toward me.

"What the?"

Soon enough, a black and brown furball came out from under the tattered pages, yawning as he did so.

"Aw, thanks Emerson." I scratched his soft ears as he crawled onto my lap. After he settled into a spot on my thigh, I flipped open the notebook, searching for my inebriated answers.

"Do you want some privacy?" Trick asked.
"Would you mind?"
"No problem. I have some stuff to take care of. Just call me if Joe bothers you again." I smiled and gave him a half hug. After two years, Patrick was still one of the most thoughtful people I knew.
"Thanks."

After he exited the room, I found the pages I'd written the previous night.

Do you love Tyson?

Below the question was an illegible mess. Two full pages were filled with scribbles, tiny drawings and random Japanese characters. I searched through this inked chaos, looking for anything that would hint at an answer.

Pouring over the pages, there were only 3 words that I could make out. At the bottom of the first page it read "yes but pete" in shaky handwriting.

I didn't even bother with the other questions. I closed my notebook and tossed it aside.

"So much for answers..."

*
Patrick's POV

"You'll have to tell her sooner or later," I said as Pete typed away in front of his lap
"No I don't. She's with Tyson. End of story." He didn't even bother to look up from the screen when he responded.
"Chances of bumping into her after all these years have to be at least 1,000,000 to 1. Do you really want to pass this up?"
"Yes," he said, frustrated.

Pete was stubborn as ever when it came to the topic of Emi.

"Could you stop blogging for a second and actually listen to me?"
"What do you want me to do, Patrick?"
"I want you to grow some balls and tell Emi that you're still in love with her."

He rolled his eyes and continued typing.

"Pete..."
"What?" he said, glaring at me in annoyance.
"Why are you being like this?"
"Because she's moved on and I haven't."
"How do you know?"
"/I know/," he said, gritting his teeth.
"What kind of answer is that?"
"Do you want me to describe how Emi's eyes light up whenever Tyson enters the room and how she moans his name when they're fucking backstage?"

Sarcasm. Definitely not a good sign.

"Too much time has passed between high school and now," he said, sighing. "People change."
"Seasons change, people don't."
"That line could work in a song..."
"Don't try and change the subject."
"Patrick, could you just drop this?" he said, raising his voice.
"If it was any other topic, I probably would, but I can't let you make this mistake again."

His face softened at this comment.

"She slipped through your fingers before, and if she gets away this time you're going to regret it."

"Hey, is everything okay in there?" Emi asked, knocking on the door "I heard some yelling..."
"Yeah, everything's fine. Just a little stressed out over a new song."
"Oh, okay," she said, skeptically. "...When do you think we'll reach the next venue?"
"It shouldn't be long...Maybe ten minutes."
"Thanks."

As the sounds of her footsteps faded into the back of the bus, I turned to Pete again.

"You still have time to tell her..."

"I know..." He sighed and closed his laptop in defeat. "But will telling her really make a difference?"

Pete got up and walked toward the door. For his sake, I hope it makes a difference.

---
Was there any significance in the "yes but pete" Emi wrote in her notebook?
Will Pete finally muster up enough courage to tell Emi how he feels?
How does Tyson fit into this mess?

Review and you might just find out in the next episode of Here Is Your Verse.
Sign up to rate and review this story