Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Countdown

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Ryan one-shot. He's in love with her. But it's so obvious that she's just using him. What's a guy to do when just looking at this girl makes him weak?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-23 - Updated: 2007-09-26 - 1120 words - Complete

0Unrated
I could pretty much start counting down now. It can’t be too long before the front door bangs open. The break-up was fifteen minutes ago. That was plenty of time to drive over here. It’s basically become a routine now. It happens at least every two weeks. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...SLAM! Here we go.

“RYRY! PETE BROKE UP WITH ME!”

It’s time for me to sympathize.

“Aw...Gwen...what a jerk. You deserve so much better than him,” I started today’s bunch of lies.

She nodded tearfully, “I know, I know...but...I’m still sad. Help, RyRy.”

I patted the space next to me on the sofa. She plopped down and let out a loud sigh. I pondered what to say.

“Y’know, he keeps breaking up with you but you still date him every time he asks you out. Doesn’t that mean anything?” Actually, I don’t blame Pete for breaking up with her. And I know he gets back together with her only because I manage to convince him every time. Why do I convince him? I don’t know.

“Not helpful Ryan,” she blew her blonde bangs upwards.

“Then what would help?”

She looked at me. I shut my eyes. I know what’s coming up. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...she grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me into a kiss. At first, it was just one of those closed mouth kisses. As the seconds passed by, she pushed her tongue into my mouth. I moaned, trying to get her away from me. But I knew I was enjoying this.

This is all just a game to her. She knows she’s beautiful. She knows she can get any guy she wants. She knows I go weak whenever she’s close to me. To her, I’m just the guy she goes to when she’s having boyfriend issues. The guy who’s heart will break like a twig. Because of /her/. Once two days go by and Pete asks her out again, I know she won’t give me the time of day. Then I’ll cry although it’s pretty much my own fault. She knows that too. And my theory is that she likes it...

We fell back onto the sofa. She put her hand on my chest and gently kissed my neck. I let her pull my shirt off. I know the drill: she leads, I follow.

Sometimes, I feel like telling her to stop, to stop using me like this. It’s messing my whole life up. But I can’t bring myself to do it. That would make her upset; it would make her hate me. And I just can’t handle that. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place as “they” correctly express it.

By now, I was sure Gwen had touched/kissed every single part of my body. All except for one. Her hand suddenly slid down to my belt. I gasped with alarm. We’d never gone that far before. And I didn’t want to.

“Gwen, no,” I breathed as she unbuckled my belt.

She widened her brown eyes innocently, “Oh come on RyRy. It’ll be fun.”

“No,” I said more firmly but she continued pulling my jeans down.

What am I supposed to do? I’m in love with this girl but she obviously doesn’t give a shit about me. If I didn’t act soon, I’d repent for it tomorrow morning. I clutched the elastic of my boxers to give me more time to think. I rolled down to the floor from under her. Then, in an attempt to get away, I ran towards my bedroom. But she, being in the track team in high school, grabbed my hand before I could get away.

“Ryan, you know you want me,” she stated quite accurately.

“Leave me alone,” I pulled my hand away.

“B-b-but...” her chin quivered.

Oh my goodness. She’s crying! I knew those tears running down her cheeks were just there so that she can get me back right where she wanted me. It could probably work. And it would have if I hadn’t finally realized that this was all just a big waste of time.

“Get out,” I glared at her.

Her tears ceased almost immediately, “What did you say to me?”

“Get out,” I repeated.

“You can’t say that! I’m /Gwen/! You love me!” she looked rather surprised.

“But you sure don’t love me. And I don’t understand why I should be obsessed with somebody who will never care for me. Get out.”

“No! Ryan, I need you!” she pleaded with her eyes.

“No...You’ll say that now but once someone more attractive asks you out, you’ll completely ignore me. It took long enough for me to figure that out. Now how many times do I have to tell you to get out?”

“You’re going to regret this Ryan Ross! You’re making a huge mistake!”

I couldn’t come up with a reply so I just pointed to the door.

She screamed and slapped me on the cheek, “I ALWAYS GET MY WAY!”

“Sorry, not this time. Please, don’t make this any harder than it already is.”

“Fine, Ross,” she sneered, “If you miss me, I’m never coming back,” with that she stormed out of my little apartment. And more importantly, out of my little life.

I sighed loudly, half with relief and half with sorrow. I knew I would miss her. I’d miss her like hell. I plopped down on the couch. I stared down at the floor gloomily. Then, I spotted something shiny and silver contrasting against the chocolate brown carpet. I picked it up. It was a locket. I pried it open. Inside was a tiny picture of the two of us together. A salty drop of water rolled down my cheek. I clutched the adornment in my hand. Where it came from, I don’t know. It could’ve been some long lost treasure of mine. But if I held on to this, Gwen would forever be haunting me. I knew what I had to do. I got up slowly and walked to the balcony. My lips kissed the locket lightly before I dropped it over the rails. I watched it go down, never to meet my eyes again. The corners of my mouth stretched into a smile. This is it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...I’m free.

-----------------------

This is the first one-shot I've written so please, /please/, review it and tell me what I could do to make it better. Please? I know it's not that great so be honest.
Sign up to rate and review this story